EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

Who cares.
"
Nephalim wrote:
I guess the bot wave never came.

it MUST have, because exalts dropped in ratio. this can only be explained by bot ban wave.
Supply and Demand. Simple market mechanics at work driving price of Exalts up. Of course there are bots just like every other league, but the extremely high value of exalts is simply due to the increased value of Chaos orbs because of many of the new crafting/league mechanics. Not to mention Exalts don't carry as much value for slamming purposes with the new crafting mechanics so the actual value for Exalts outside of just a piece of currency has gone down if anything.

If you use Chaos as a standard and the value of Chaos increases then that means the price of everything else also increases along with it.
The problem with chaos is basically that after multicrafting has been made so potent, you're almost never interested in chaos spamming stuff.

You either fossil craft or alt/regal and multicraft as an average joe in this game.

Also, cool Zana mods are gone. And maps drop plenty, so you don't have to resort to the shaped / elder zana modifiers. Exalts significantly gone up in demand because of average players using them for multicrafting, and chaos is basically useless unless you have problems sustaining your map pool.

All of this is obviously just an explanation why exalts went up higher this league compared to last league. The biggest demand for exalted orbs remains botters without a doubt, at least in the first two months of the league.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Also, cool Zana mods are gone.

Absolutely not. Breach (splinters reached all time high price), Abyss (high level jewels and belts are always great), Harbinger (Harby currency is awesome and there is a thing - Annulment orb is the most expensive of all Harby orbs atm, but it's the most common shards among "good ones", so yeah it's simply great) are awesome. Not to mention that because we don't have Beyond Zana mod, these mods serve as great alternative to gain Headhunter buffs and bring back that fun factor.

"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Exalts...average players using them for multicrafting

Not true again. Average player never uses Exalts. Specially when they cost about 200c. Only very small % of people use them.

It's true that chaos spamming items is pretty much pointless since Delve though.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 15, 2019, 1:39:42 AM
Actually, I was misinformed because of how slow I am. As someone who just got into T16s after 2 months of the league, I didn't even know that harby and breach were available as Zana mods.

All I've seen until yesterday was Anarchy, Torment, Domination and Perandus. So I agree that good Zana mods still exist, but I think, last league the shaped and elder mods were the biggest chaos sink of the league, whereas now, maps are actually easy to come by.

Also, I think, our definitions of average Joe differ. If you're talking about average players as those who casually play 1 month into the league, reach t10 maps and quit - then yeah. Those guys probably never use exalted orbs. On the other hand, they also never use Zana mods, so neither chaos nor exalted sinks apply to them.

As someone who runs around 5-15 maps per day and an occasional temple / delve whenever it's available (1-2h playtime per day), I consider myself pretty average and casual nowadays. I've still managed to multicraft multiple items during this league. Basically, after your upgrades start costing 2ex+, it's oftentimes cheaper and more fun to craft the items yourself.

Either way, I'm sure a lot more people have been using multicrafting this league compared to any other league before.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Actually, I was misinformed because of how slow I am. As someone who just got into T16s after 2 months of the league, I didn't even know that harby and breach were available as Zana mods.

All I've seen until yesterday was Anarchy, Torment, Domination and Perandus. So I agree that good Zana mods still exist, but I think, last league the shaped and elder mods were the biggest chaos sink of the league, whereas now, maps are actually easy to come by.

Also, I think, our definitions of average Joe differ. If you're talking about average players as those who casually play 1 month into the league, reach t10 maps and quit - then yeah. Those guys probably never use exalted orbs. On the other hand, they also never use Zana mods, so neither chaos nor exalted sinks apply to them.

As someone who runs around 5-15 maps per day and an occasional temple / delve whenever it's available (1-2h playtime per day), I consider myself pretty average and casual nowadays. I've still managed to multicraft multiple items during this league. Basically, after your upgrades start costing 2ex+, it's oftentimes cheaper and more fun to craft the items yourself.

Either way, I'm sure a lot more people have been using multicrafting this league compared to any other league before.

By average player I mean average player who reaches maps and continue playing the game. Most people don't use Exalts if you like that wording more, never used nad never will. It's just too valuable to consider.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:

By average player I mean average player who reaches maps and continue playing the game. Most people don't use Exalts if you like that wording more, never used nad never will. It's just too valuable to consider.

There you go again, citing something as absolute fact without backing it up. Would you mind linking the infographic where it states the majority of players don't use exalts?
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:

There you go again, citing something as absolute fact without backing it up. Would you mind linking the infographic where it states the majority of players don't use exalts?

Average players never make it to red maps, average players never see exalts drop and average players do not use them for crafting. This can be derived from the stats that are made public from GGG during leagues. If you want to show otherwise then please provide your train of thought, otherwise you are not adding to the discussion and are just being the annoying sub-plot sub-character that is in the background stomping their foot because no one listens to you.

Are... are you trying to tell me the "stats that are made public by GGG" actually show exalt drop rates for players, or how they use them? Because that's just what you said.

The train of thought is pretty straightforward; exalts have stayed this inflated for the entire league because this is the first league where multi crafting became widely available to the average player.

And finally I'd like you to note that I'm not arguing the opposite. What I'm arguing is that unless you can provide actual proof that the "average player NEVER uses exalts", then you shouldn't say it, because you're stating facts without backup.

Oh and also, if you want to have a seat at the table of discussion, try not to personally attack someone, and stick to the point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info