EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
codetaku wrote:
Aynix, the data GGG has actually admitted to in the past said that the majority of players quit the game forever well before hitting maps once.

So... there's really no good concept of a true average (mean) player, but if the median player doesn't even make it to maps, then I'm gonna say that Sun is right. They never use exalts.

By "average player" I mean average person who reaches maps and continue playing. As rule of thumb they don't use Exalts.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 16, 2019, 10:58:04 AM
"
codetaku wrote:
Aynix, the data GGG has actually admitted to in the past said that the majority of players quit the game forever well before hitting maps once.

If they quit the game, they are no longer part of playerbase, so they have no influence on how "avarage player" is doing in this game.

I played something like 300 hours in this league. Its not that much, some streamers have that in less than one month.
Currently I have something like 6000 chaos orbs in raw currency in my stash + I used 5-10 ex for every of my 6 builds I made this league.
I did not use any form of currency farming like betrayal (I blocked it and ignored completly), fossil farming or doing maps with MF.
Lets say "avarage player" plays 3 hours per day. This makes around 300 hours per league. If I can manage to get close to 10 thousand chaos orbs in 300 hours, I doubt that "avarage player" cant get 3-5 exalts for one multimodded weapon...

If you think its not true, you just admit that, in your eyes, "avarage player" is brainless monkey that dont know how to anything in this game.
If "avarage player" can reach maps, he can also farm couple exalts w/o much problem.
Last edited by Aynix on Feb 16, 2019, 11:19:00 AM
I know we all got caught up in the definition of the average player... but the point was never if it's the median player, the 25%-quartil player, or the top 10% player.

The point was that a significantly higher amount of the active player base are using multimodding compared to previous leagues, because youtube content creators, twitch streams, build guide creators on the forums, etc. all tell you to do it.

Even if it's 10% of the active player base who multimod, compared to 5% from last league, it would still be twice as many.

It doesn't have to be 10 times more to have a slight effect on the economy (around 15% higher ex price compared to last league)
Last edited by Th3c0r3ok on Feb 16, 2019, 12:48:34 PM
Crafting Bench > Exalts.
It's also far far easier to gain access to it now. Instead of having to level the masters all the way up you can either use your silver coins on prophecies or buy the last stage of each prophecy. On top of there there are great crafts that are accessible and cost an ex like +2 to support gems or +1 curse. And it's a lot more straightforward and accessible than it was before with fossils and veiled mods. There are clear, high success ways to make very good items that don't rely on exalt slamming and scouring to get the rolls you want.

I was someone who played a bunch but never felt I could get into crafting because it was so complicated and expensive. Delve and now Betrayal have really opened up crafting to the masses, and while I worry about power creep it's also introduced a lot of players to new parts of the game.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
I know we all got caught up in the definition of the average player... but the point was never if it's the median player, the 25%-quartil player, or the top 10% player.

The point was that a significantly higher amount of the active player base are using multimodding compared to previous leagues, because youtube content creators, twitch streams, build guide creators on the forums, etc. all tell you to do it.

Even if it's 10% of the active player base who multimod, compared to 5% from last league, it would still be twice as many.

It doesn't have to be 10 times more to have a slight effect on the economy (around 15% higher ex price compared to last league)

People who didn't used Exalts still don't use them. It's mostly people who actively crafted before use Multy-mod and whatnot now. It's more like 5% + barely noticeable 0.5% or so. These people who crafted hard before might use even more Exalts now indeed though.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:

If they quit the game, they are no longer part of playerbase, so they have no influence on how "avarage player" is doing in this game.

I played something like 300 hours in this league. Its not that much, some streamers have that in less than one month.
Currently I have something like 6000 chaos orbs in raw currency in my stash + I used 5-10 ex for every of my 6 builds I made this league.
I did not use any form of currency farming like betrayal (I blocked it and ignored completly), fossil farming or doing maps with MF.
Lets say "avarage player" plays 3 hours per day. This makes around 300 hours per league. If I can manage to get close to 10 thousand chaos orbs in 300 hours, I doubt that "avarage player" cant get 3-5 exalts for one multimodded weapon...

If you think its not true, you just admit that, in your eyes, "avarage player" is brainless monkey that dont know how to anything in this game.
If "avarage player" can reach maps, he can also farm couple exalts w/o much problem.

Despite all my best efforts trying to shape proper discussion you are still being as far from the community as it gets and barely have any idea. Still having issues building logical conclusions. Still stonewalling opposing side.

I think it just can't be helped. *shrugs* It reached deadend, I am not gonna continue that discussion here. Though I am not against shifting it to audio format.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 17, 2019, 4:58:59 AM
1:167 or so. Stabilizing towards Standard ratio.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Despite all my best efforts trying to shape proper discussion you are still being as far from the community as it gets and barely have any idea. Still having issues building logical conclusions. Still stonewalling opposing side.

I think it just can't be helped. *shrugs* It reached deadend, I am not gonna continue that discussion here. Though I am not against shifting it to audio format.

Yeah, unfortunatelly you are just stuck in 2014 and still think that "avarage player" is someone who has 10c in stash and barely sustain white maps.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Yeah, unfortunatelly you are just stuck in 2014 and still think that "avarage player" is someone who has 10c in stash and barely sustain white maps.

I think you are an unpleasant person and am going to ignore your dribble from this point forward.

Thank you for supporting GGG with your purchases, but you are an asshole with no grasp on reality outside of your own bubble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info