[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

"
DB42 wrote:
"
ladymordeth wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:
You are doing no cold damage. Fire damage leech is the only thing that will work.

Why do we take the frost walker node in the tree then? Seems unnecessary for just the cold res.
Guess it depends on what order the damage calculations come in, before pyre conversion or not.

EDIT: Same with Snowforged node too actually, shouldnt we take the preceiding fire damage node instead of cold damage then?

EDIT2: Tested the Snowforged, cold damage gives more. Guess the same is for frost walked node then. gg no re

All cold damage is converted to fire except for the degen from Vortex. I know you answered your own question more or less, just wanted to clarify.

Wouldn't the dot from vortex also turn into fire/chaos?
What about taking some crit nodes ( Annihilation & Doom Cast ) to have perma EO ?

Tree :

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAQMTAAB_Bx4Jqg18DkgPqxEtES8RUBGWGyUc3B8YIvQkiyo4KwosnCymLagy0TQKNbk3ZjwFPV9Eq0VHRnFJUUmxS65Ms1F0UftSU1WuVkhca1yKXfJfamwLbRltbHvXfIN_xoIQgpuDCYRIhMWO6Y8aj0aPpo_6kNaTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7m7Wf36EvoqOmmacIpyuxkLQMtUi-gL6KwGbAmsM6w23K080W0B_Q0NfP2CTZW9n834rfsOkC6rrrY-vu73zviO_r8NX5N-081aYZivsJ9toaj5uhGGp4L3zlWAfr9WSd8h2us0GW0PX310V-Dlxq-hV-Qnpp2HpwfPB-oZEHu_wAAAAAAA==

I don't see the point to take Fire/Frost Walker that doesnt double dip.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jan 9, 2017, 5:14:39 AM
"
ladymordeth wrote:

Wouldn't the dot from vortex also turn into fire/chaos?

You cannot convert degens in PoE. So for example, you can convert the first hit from Vortex, into pure fire damage with Pyre ring, but the damage-over-time that it leaves on the ground, will ALWAYS be cold damage.
"
Malone wrote:
What about taking some crit nodes ( Annihilation & Doom Cast ) to have perma EO ?

Tree :

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAQMTAAB_Bx4Jqg18DkgPqxEtES8RUBGWGyUc3B8YIvQkiyo4KwosnCymLagy0TQKNbk3ZjwFPV9Eq0VHRnFJUUmxS65Ms1F0UftSU1WuVkhca1yKXfJfamwLbRltbHvXfIN_xoIQgpuDCYRIhMWO6Y8aj0aPpo_6kNaTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7m7Wf36EvoqOmmacIpyuxkLQMtUi-gL6KwGbAmsM6w23K080W0B_Q0NfP2CTZW9n834rfsOkC6rrrY-vu73zviO_r8NX5N-081aYZivsJ9toaj5uhGGp4L3zlWAfr9WSd8h2us0GW0PX310V-Dlxq-hV-Qnpp2HpwfPB-oZEHu_wAAAAAAA==

I don't see the point to take Fire/Frost Walker that doesnt double dip.

You don't have to take them, but taking them gives you lots of damage.

Explanation: If you take Frost Walker, you are increasing the damage of your Vortex, since it's a cold spell. Then AFTERWARDS the damage is converted with your Pyre ring, and then converted again to Chaos with your consuming darks.

So ANY cold damage you get in the passive tree, or on jewels/etc, is going to 100% increase Vortex's damage.

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide!

Second one I've rolled this league, been away for a long time and it's been fun pushing through all the new content. Very easy time through the atlas, first time killing shaper. Gonna be my first 40/40 league.

Gear spoiler for anyone curious
Spoiler
Just a note: You do not need to take Frost/Fire Walker nodes and can skip them. The real reason you path to Frost Walker is to make use of The Green Dream jewel, which is a BiS jewel. And since Fire Walker is right there, you take that as well (and it also sports a good spot for The Red Dream jewel, which is also a very good jewel that can only be beat by a GG 4-mod). They are otherwise just decent nodes sporting good damage and res, but are definitely not necessary. You could probably get a little more damage from taking the 3 10% spell damage nodes by Templar or whatever else you want, but the extra res from the nodes are still very handy. Never underestimate good sources of res on the tree/jewels, as it makes gearing much easier. Both of these nodes combined provide the same amount of res as an entire res roll on a piece of gear. Instead of finding that 40 ES open prefix ring with 40+ tri res, you can get an all res + lite res and an extra suffix for mana regen or int (which is pretty much what my ring is).
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 9, 2017, 12:01:15 PM
I currently have around 7k es,but i am not able to ''facetank'' any bosses?,i die ALOT and i dont know whats wrong?.please help
Last edited by gepti on Jan 9, 2017, 12:15:23 PM
I hit 94 and i'm done with char, i slighty tuned the tree for the green dream jewel in templar zone, gear is the same as before

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAceDXwOSA5cD6sRLREvEVARlhV-Fr8YahslHNwi9CSLKU8qOCsKLJwtqDLRNbk8BT1fQnpEq0VHRX5GcUkTSVFJsUuuTLNRdFJTVa5WSFgHXEBca1yKXfJfamZUadhq-mwLbRl1nnaCeC96cHvXfIN85XzwfqF_xoIQgpuDCYRIhMWFe4fLieCMdo7pjxqPRo-mj_qRB5MfkyeVLpeVl_SaO5uhm7WePJ_foS-io6aZpwinK6ebsZC0DLTRtUi7_L6AvorAZsM6w23IDMrTzxXQH9DQ1abXz9gk2Vvfit-w5ljpAuq662Pr7uw47TzvfO-I7-vw1ffX-Tc=?accountName=Kiri2k&characterName=ChayulaPresence

stats: http://i.imgur.com/KFZE6cX.jpg
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Jan 9, 2017, 1:03:32 PM
"
Kiri2k wrote:
I hit 94 and i'm done with char, i slighty tuned the tree for the green dream jewel in templar zone, gear is the same as before

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAceDXwOSA5cD6sRLREvEVARlhV-Fr8YahslHNwi9CSLKU8qOCsKLJwtqDLRNbk8BT1fQnpEq0VHRX5GcUkTSVFJsUuuTLNRdFJTVa5WSFgHXEBca1yKXfJfamZUadhq-mwLbRl1nnaCeC96cHvXfIN85XzwfqF_xoIQgpuDCYRIhMWFe4fLieCMdo7pjxqPRo-mj_qRB5MfkyeVLpeVl_SaO5uhm7WePJ_foS-io6aZpwinK6ebsZC0DLTRtUi7_L6AvorAZsM6w23IDMrTzxXQH9DQ1abXz9gk2Vvfit-w5ljpAuq662Pr7uw47TzvfO-I7-vw1ffX-Tc=?accountName=Kiri2k&characterName=ChayulaPresence

stats: http://i.imgur.com/KFZE6cX.jpg

Since your resistances are good and your ES is quite high already, you can easily gain more damage dropping the Templar ES/all res nodes (3 points) to pick up the Fire/Frost Walker nodes and a red Dream.

You lose:
8% lightning resistance
12% ES (probably ~350 ES)
a rare jewel

You gain:
7% cold and fire resistance
18% fire damage
18% cold damage
8% elemental damage
5% damage added as extra chaos damage

The Red Dream alone is ~3.5-4 mod damage jewels. Throw in the extra 44% inc damage and it much more damage than any rare jewel could ever provide. And all you give up is 12% ES and some shuffled resistances (which don't matter on your current gear).

But it all depends on if you feel comfortable dropping that ES or not. I personally don't think this build needs more than 9k ES to function due to basalt, fortify, chill, temp chains, 3-4 endurance charges and maybe AA, but it's a playstyle preference.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Jan 9, 2017, 3:21:40 PM
I was wondering if this build works on a budget for leveling with and progressing through the game my first time through it. Looks really interesting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info