[2.5] CI/LL Blight CwC Poison Vortex over 2M DPS Trivialize all content [Tri-Curse/HC Viable]

I did some testing with all duration nodes, i think i was at 95% increased duration, and it really didnt feel any stronger. maybe against really high hp bosses it was better. but i feel that swapping to conc effect was good enough for that.
"
wenlock wrote:
I did some testing with all duration nodes, i think i was at 95% increased duration, and it really didnt feel any stronger. maybe against really high hp bosses it was better. but i feel that swapping to conc effect was good enough for that.

This is kind of how I feel too. Of everything I've done, it only would have mattered on Minotaur. Uber Izaro dies in seconds, and Atziri phases in less than one. So duration will only be useful for Guardians and Shaper. But even Shaper has phases so I don't even know how useful it'll even be on him. But I don't think it's worth 6 points for 45% duration. You can pick up two jewel slots for 60%+ double dipping damage, plus the four minor nodes, which is effective for everything, whereas duration is only useful for a few bosses.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Dec 21, 2016, 6:41:11 PM
i just got my ass wrecked on atziri. any playstyle tips for this build. i always play a more ranged style so melee range i not so good
You could go intuitive leap and pick up those ID nodes for 3 points. Thanks for pointing out the elemental damage modifier, I didn't notice that it was not a less modifier.
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Dec 21, 2016, 7:09:32 PM
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
You could go intuitive leap and pick up those ID nodes for 3 points. Thanks for pointing out the elemental damage modifier, I didn't notice that it was not a less modifier.

That's still spending 6 points (3 for the socket, 3 for the duration) for only 45% duration and 12% spell damage. On the other hand, you could spend 3 points for 12% spell damage, a jewel socket for 3 damage mods for 35% double dipping damage (47% double dip), and then have 3 points for something else like the flask wheel.
"
wenlock wrote:
i just got my ass wrecked on atziri. any playstyle tips for this build. i always play a more ranged style so melee range i not so good

I just uploaded an Atziri and Phoenix run.
is this build still fairly okay after the double dipping poison vortex nerf?
"
dragonsroc wrote:
Uber Izaro dies in seconds, and Atziri phases in less than one.

I'm coming from a Wither CwC Firestorm thing and thinking about switching over to get better pack clear time while mapping and quicker startup/better control vs bosses. Especially interested in how this does vs Uber Izaro. If it's not too much trouble, could you post video of the last battle of a key run? Sounds like it'll be a short one ;) If this build avoids the nervous 'dodge or die' startup that mine has before the Wither/AA/Temp Chains sticks, switching over will be the obvious decision.

I'd also appreciate an explanation of how you live through that sort of major spike damage / single target situation with a short-range build. With Firestorm I stay well away and dodge constantly. The Atziri and Xoph fights were pretty much over before they started - is the whole premise that you're tanky enough to facetank all map packs and bursty enough to end all bosses before they can swing? The way I understand it life drain doesn't work with DoTs, so I'm a little mystified to see ghost reaver used with blight + vortex. What am I missing here - where does the life drain come from? Is it all the initial hit of Vortex or is there some other source?

One last question: how does this handle maps with nasty mod combinations like minus max/reflect/hexproof?
"
is this build still fairly okay after the double dipping poison vortex nerf?

It was Blade Vortex that got the nerf.
"
kryori wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:
Uber Izaro dies in seconds, and Atziri phases in less than one.

I'm coming from a Wither CwC Firestorm thing and thinking about switching over to get better pack clear time while mapping and quicker startup/better control vs bosses. Especially interested in how this does vs Uber Izaro. If it's not too much trouble, could you post video of the last battle of a key run? Sounds like it'll be a short one ;) If this build avoids the nervous 'dodge or die' startup that mine has before the Wither/AA/Temp Chains sticks, switching over will be the obvious decision.

I'd also appreciate an explanation of how you live through that sort of major spike damage / single target situation with a short-range build. With Firestorm I stay well away and dodge constantly. The Atziri and Xoph fights were pretty much over before they started - is the whole premise that you're tanky enough to facetank all map packs and bursty enough to end all bosses before they can swing? The way I understand it life drain doesn't work with DoTs, so I'm a little mystified to see ghost reaver used with blight + vortex. What am I missing here - where does the life drain come from? Is it all the initial hit of Vortex or is there some other source?

One last question: how does this handle maps with nasty mod combinations like minus max/reflect/hexproof?

On non hexproof maps, warlord's mark gives leech. Atziri Flask too due to the chaos damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info