[2.5]"Solar Flare" Righteous Fire, Scorching Ray Cast When Channel Flame Surge Inquisitor

Hey I was wondering what I'm doing wrong here guys... I have my CWDT lvl 1 linked to lvl 1 BV and CWDT 10 with IC 11 all in the same 4L.

I noticed I get blades very infrequently and saw that in the tooltip that BV is being triggered only by the CWDT 10 gem.

Obviously it must be working for the rest of you so what's the way around this besides trying to find a 2/2 link pair of boots?
Last edited by Danimite on Jan 2, 2017, 10:02:53 PM
First of all, LOVE the build.

I'm pretty new, you could say this is my first proper league and I leveled with this build, running with scorching ray early on.

Now that I'm slowly making the switch to righteous fire (finally have my rise of the phoenix), I'm finding I don't have too much trouble killing stuff in Merc. Am level 66 at the time of this post.

I did wonder how you managed to generate endurance charges, but I now see that you use Red Dream/Nightmare.

My current gem setup is the same except I run Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy + Flammability in a 3-link. I'm a pretty lazy person and I like the idea that I can curse everything just by running at them. Yes I realise there is a curse limit. I mostly have Warlord's aura on. Haven't felt the need for Flammability yet.

Is there a reason I shouldn't run Warlord's and should get Enduring Cry instead?
"
Danimite wrote:
Hey I was wondering what I'm doing wrong here guys... I have my CWDT lvl 1 linked to lvl 1 BV and CWDT 10 with IC 11 all in the same 4L.

I noticed I get blades very infrequently and saw that in the tooltip that BV is being triggered only by the CWDT 10 gem.

Obviously it must be working for the rest of you so what's the way around this besides trying to find a 2/2 link pair of boots?

You are totally correct here and I didn't even realize this was happening. I had though before that when I had two CWDT gems next to each other that they would be separated but actually it was always using the higher level CWDT for both connected skills.

I solved this problem by moving my blasphemy - flammability to my boots and my CWDT blade Vortex to my shield. You can see it if you look at my profile now. Thanks for pointing this out! It will definitely keep my Elemental Overload up more often.
Last edited by nater9999 on Jan 3, 2017, 10:21:39 AM
"
bigliatto wrote:
Hey man, why not an essence of horror crafted helmet?
Great build idea!

You could do this but it would be extremely hard to get a helm that offered the same defensive stats as the formless inferno. At level 91 and with my current setup it is giving me 5000 armor and 8% physical damage taken as fire damage. It also gives 50 life.

If you can find a horror crafted helmet with higher life and very high armor, it may be worth using for the increase to damage to our righteous fire setup. You would definitely be taking more physical damage even with the best horror crafted helm though. If you could find an extremely good one, I think it would be worth it.
"
Is there a reason I shouldn't run Warlord's and should get Enduring Cry instead?

As you stated because you can't have two curses. As you get into harder content and you start rolling resist mods or fight more difficult enemies, the ability to drop their fire resist and kill them quickly is extremely beneficial. It also allows us to run maps much more quickly as we don't have to slow down as much to kill things with the burn from our righteous fire.

Red dream is ideal, enduring cry works well but needs to be cast often, warlord's mark prevents us from using another curse that is more beneficial. The exception would be if you corrupt your Xoph's blood and get an additional curse.
Last edited by nater9999 on Jan 3, 2017, 10:37:47 AM
Thanks for this nice Build. I´m enjoying it and still alive in HC ^-^
I saw that you can get easy 5% more life and 5%allres when you drop two 5% life nodes and took up Cruel Preparation.
"
denoneno wrote:
Thanks for this nice Build. I´m enjoying it and still alive in HC ^-^
I saw that you can get easy 5% more life and 5%allres when you drop two 5% life nodes and took up Cruel Preparation.

Ah yes! Thank you for reminding me. I found that before but totally forgot about it. I need to add it to my character still.

Glad you are doing well in HC. Just a quick tip for you as you progress into harder content. Don't be afraid to turn off RF. Even though it cuts our damage down quite a bit, you are very very hard to kill with RF off because you have so much life and regen and you still also do enough damage to kill most things rather quickly.
Last edited by nater9999 on Jan 3, 2017, 1:53:49 PM
I got a new computer so I am re-adding the videos and more. :D

Just ran atziri again after not doing it for a while. Joke easy with this build. Uber Izaro is as well.
Last edited by nater9999 on Jan 4, 2017, 6:06:29 AM
How do you feel about Abberath's Hooves? They seem to compliment RF pretty well.
As soon as I took Pious Path ascendancy, I started having RF drop off at bad times. Is this a problem? Am I missing somthing? That seems really bad to have RF fall off all the time
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info