[2.5]"Solar Flare" Righteous Fire, Scorching Ray Cast When Channel Flame Surge Inquisitor

"
Snowhammer wrote:
As soon as I took Pious Path ascendancy, I started having RF drop off at bad times. Is this a problem? Am I missing somthing? That seems really bad to have RF fall off all the time

What do you mean by fall off? It just stops working?
"
nater9999 wrote:
"
Snowhammer wrote:
As soon as I took Pious Path ascendancy, I started having RF drop off at bad times. Is this a problem? Am I missing somthing? That seems really bad to have RF fall off all the time

Yeah, it turns off by its self all the time now.
The only thing I can think of that is causing it is Pious Path - as it says you cant gain elemental status ailments on consecrated ground.

Maybe it was something a party member was doing and not Pious Path?
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
"
Snowhammer wrote:
"
nater9999 wrote:
"
Snowhammer wrote:

Yeah, it turns off by its self all the time now.
The only thing I can think of that is causing it is Pious Path - as it says you cant gain elemental status ailments on consecrated ground.

Maybe it was something a party member was doing and not Pious Path?

I've never had mine turn off once. There have been a few times the outer ring disappears due to a graphics glitch but it still does damage normally. Not sure what is going on over there.
"
nater9999 wrote:

I've never had mine turn off once. There have been a few times the outer ring disappears due to a graphics glitch but it still does damage normally. Not sure what is going on over there.

Hmm ok - thanks! I'll try to figure it out. I believe its something my party was bringing, been playing solo now and it isn't happening any more - thanks for the response!
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
How do you run this build with no external Dex on gear or taking nearly any dex nodes. Looks like you need 72 dex and my char has 24 without my dex jewelry equipped, which obviously makes it hard to upgrade those slots.
"
Zantrithar wrote:
How do you run this build with no external Dex on gear or taking nearly any dex nodes. Looks like you need 72 dex and my char has 24 without my dex jewelry equipped, which obviously makes it hard to upgrade those slots.

You should get 10 from the tree. There is also a single 30 dex passive you can select to get more dex until you get it on your gear. I also get +18 from jewels. If you dont want any on the tree besides the 10 you automatically get, you need to get it on gear or jewels.
I was thinking about trying something similar, except putting in some chayula nightmare gems and trading off some radius and life to get some avoidance (a lot of block) and charge generation. How much pain do you think it is losing the witch area nodes? This would be as chieftain to take advantage of charge generation.
Last edited by rayzer147 on Jan 10, 2017, 3:07:40 PM
"
rayzer147 wrote:
I was thinking about trying something similar, except putting in some chayula nightmare gems and trading off some radius and life to get some avoidance (a lot of block) and charge generation. How much pain do you think it is losing the witch area nodes? This would be as chieftain to take advantage of charge generation.

To be honest it depends on what you want for your build most. Going the defensive route with more block and regen will enable you to take on tier 16 and shaper much more easily. It would also be more effective in hardcore.

On the otherhand, I have no trouble with any content that isn't tier 16 without the block simply because I have 9k life and 10k armor plus I do a pretty high amount of dps. You would lose a significant amount of radius on your RF aoe. I am not sure to what extent this would be but when I do maps with reduced aoe radius it is definitely noticeable for map clear speed. With the larger radius you can one shot monster packs without having to circle around to get monsters on the outside of the pack.
Last edited by nater9999 on Jan 11, 2017, 6:02:43 AM
Thanks for the response. I was just worried that without leech since most of the damage is burning, and having all of the regen going towards RF, the playstyle for the build would be very proactive, pre-potting, etc. I tend to get lazy and want to play more reactive with instant pots (not that this is better). I have a Carcass Jack from my current character I could try out for reduced AoE mods maybe.
I've gone ahead and snagged your build guide for the new builds list. I hope that this is alright, but if you wish it to be removed, please contact me.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info