[2.5]"Solar Flare" Righteous Fire, Scorching Ray Cast When Channel Flame Surge Inquisitor

"
skjutengris wrote:
"
nater9999 wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:

Thx, well still need to optimize as far I have 602 strength only.
tried twin core, that didn't work out so went with twin abyss and was easy.

I think the only way you could manage a twin core would be to turn off righteous fire and run around like crazy. Even then, I think it would be pretty damn hard. Not sure how many builds can pull off a twin core even after the nerf to Malachai. As for myself, I wouldn't even be able to see anything with the brick of a laptop I am playing on. New PC on Tuesday!!
Hi everyone.

Just reached level 67 yesterday, and thought I would point something to those that plan to try the build, and are not overly familiar with Righteous Fire, as I was (the only time I played RF was during the Shadow of the Vaal launch).

FIRST OF ALL : ES on gear is absolutely prohibited, appart from the 80 ES from the Rise of the Phoenix shield ! Having +ES ou +%ES on armor or jewelry will make the RF life degen unsustainable.

THEN, you may try to switch to RF upon reaching level 65, but at that point, you will still see your life degen with time (~1%/sec), which is normal at that point, the reason being : (see spoiler)

Spoiler
Your max fire resist WITHOUT Purity of Fire aura will be 84% (75% base + 1% from Barbarism node + 8% from Rise of the Phoenix shield).

At level 65, your PoF aura gem will be somewhere between level 15 and 16, which translate to +2% max fire resist (well at least mine was still level 15, and I think I got it as soon as possible, but I may remember it wrong).

So, a total of 86% max fire resist when switching at level 65.

Looking at the wiki, at 86% max fire resist, the corrected RF life degen from life is 12.6% per second plus the small degen from the little ES we have (which is around 11 life/sec, or 0.23%, for me with my gear).

If you took every regen node in the tree (including the last regen node near the scion start which is not taken in the final tree) you will only reach 11.9% life regen per second.

RF Life degen : 12.6+0.2=12.8%/sec
Life regen : 11.9%/sec

Conclusion : switching at level 65, you will still degen (slowly, 0.9% of max life per second).

You will have to wait for Purity of Fire to reach level 17 (+3% max fire resist) and to take all 3 regen nodes near Scion start to break even (0.3%+0.4%+0.3% life regen).
Once PoF reach level 20 (+4% max fire resist) you will be able to drop the last life regen node near Scion and put the skill point somewhere else (like shown in the final tree).

Telling all this beacause I, like a morron, spend quite some time wondering why my life dropped steadily once RF was activated, before remembering that PoF max resist was gem level dependant, and my rings, amulet and belt were full of ES bonus...

edit : of course, Consecrated Ground will give you another life regen source, so this small degen shouldn't be a problem unless you walk around not fighting for some time, or when affected by poison or bleeding effect.

Have a nice game, and a nice Christmas

Last edited by Atori on Dec 24, 2016, 10:49:09 AM
On a theoretical level, this build will be a good uber Izaro farmer, can anyone confirm?
"
ddknight wrote:
On a theoretical level, this build will be a good uber Izaro farmer, can anyone confirm?

I did him a few times with my Templar. You can check my account for items and build, name Starikded.
I must say its quite scary, even with 8k life. The main problem is your life regen is not that great with RF on. So you are totally dependant on flasks. Sacred ground doesnt help that much when u get hitted for 4-6k damage, so you run around drinking potions. Still its doable and he cant 1-shot you atleast.
Last edited by Zloberik on Dec 25, 2016, 4:22:36 AM
"
ddknight wrote:

If you turn off righteous fire he is easy mode. It's a bit slow this way though. With RF on I tend to just burn him down facetank mode. you will burn through his health with your full flask rotation quite easily if you don't overspam them. I didn't feel he was that scary but good flasks including a sulpher are key. As mentioned he won't one shot you at all. Tier 16 is much more challenging for this build.
Last edited by nater9999 on Dec 25, 2016, 11:33:25 AM
Another clarifying question. Can anyone explain to me the significance of the armour in "The Formless Inferno" or just how it works in general, i know the 8% to fire is a huge boost but i dont exactly understand how ti works. Also can someone also give me feedback on using "The Brine Crown" instead of the formless inferno, idk if it gives more or less armour and "tankiness" than TFI but the only downside i see is the es giving more degen. Thanks.
"
BBTay wrote:
Another clarifying question. Can anyone explain to me the significance of the armour in "The Formless Inferno" or just how it works in general, i know the 8% to fire is a huge boost but i dont exactly understand how ti works. Also can someone also give me feedback on using "The Brine Crown" instead of the formless inferno, idk if it gives more or less armour and "tankiness" than TFI but the only downside i see is the es giving more degen. Thanks.

It's percentage based, so every % over your fire res cap is +% for armour. I tried just a helmet with+life,strength,res and decent armour and it dropped me 20-25% mitigation - it gives huge armour boost, considering you have plenty of added fire resistance. And that 8% physical dmg taken turned into fire dmg isn't the main thing. Basically you have barely any + armour nodes, can wear whatever with +life, strength and res and still have a decent ammount of armour on you.
Last edited by Toralian on Dec 26, 2016, 10:49:24 AM
"
ddknight wrote:

Yeah, no problem killing him with RF on, 10k life and consecrated ground. Can't 1 shot you and burns fast.
Last edited by Toralian on Dec 26, 2016, 11:14:20 AM
I am unsure where the dex comes into play at? I am trying to get gemmed up and can't socket faster attacks due to low dex? Can you elaborate more into this or atleast point it out to me. Still kinda noobish to the game, so could just be missing something obvious.
"
iiStarbucks wrote:
I am unsure where the dex comes into play at? I am trying to get gemmed up and can't socket faster attacks due to low dex? Can you elaborate more into this or atleast point it out to me. Still kinda noobish to the game, so could just be missing something obvious.

Get one of the +30 dex nodes while leveling or get it through gear until you are higher level. At that point you should have enough to satisfy your gem requirements. You don't need a max level faster attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info