[2.5] [New Vid] Assassin: Wisdom and Action 800kdps on a 5L

@RobertTSW

I don't think FA is necessary; I have 120% increased attack speed from jewels, tree, dex, etc (no frenzies). Another 55% is nice, but if our total w/o FA is 220% (including 100% base), than your damage increase is roughly 220+55/220 = 25% more. Quite good, but not better than crit multi, maybe added lightning, or possible utility gems (like Leech). It's competitive, but it's not necessarily betterl it just depends on how your current stats fall.

For damage taken: I'm not quite sure how to fix your problem. I kill stuff before it gets to me with huge AoE, and if I take damage, or see a charging monster, I just pop my granite and kiaras, and I'm fine, not to mention vinktars. While I have like 10.5k ES atm, it gets depleted very quickly since we have little other mitigation, so a granite flask and/or basalt goes a loooong way.
Seems like noone pointed out that your dps calculation is incorrect. In spreadsheet you take numbers for base damage from tooltip which already counts all gem multipliers. You shouldn't multiply base damage with gems and crit, because tooltip already counts both. That way your real dps is way less than you stated in your topic. Please change that.

If you want real dps just multiply your tooltip by tripple (because release and multipliers from stacks 1.5*2) amount of attacks per second you have which usually is 6 (so *3=18), in your case 6 is achievable with Vaal Haste. Then you count in penetration and get around 23-24 multiplier. With PC you have something around 8k tooltip, but you need reliable way to generate them. So in best case scenario with Vaal Haste without vinktar you have around 8*25 = 200k dps. And this is on full power charges which will not be 100% of time.
Last edited by valares on Dec 25, 2016, 8:31:50 AM
"
valares wrote:
With PC you have something around 8k tooltip

Is that a usual number of the crit build? My noncrit Trickster has 8,8k with Elemental Overload at level 76 and I'm sure I can get a bit more, since I only have 4 links (the 5th will be Lightning Penetration, which won't change the tooltip).
I fiddled in Vaal Cyclone, that's awesome for maps! Try it! :)

I think about running Grace together with Disciplin and Blasphemy, that should put me far above 10k evasion. Another option would be Wrath for even more damage, but making use of all those increased evasion is tempting. The idea is that with having very high Int, it's more effective to increase the aura effect of Discipline than to take %ES nodes, since my multiplier is already very high. But when I skill increased aura effect, I should use a 2nd aura...
With Charisma, Influence and a level 3 enlighten linked to the 2 auras, I'd be at 96% mana reserved and 26% increased effect. Another option would be Alpa's Howl, which is a decent helmet, but misses Int and also base ES, which defeats the point of this whole action.
Sorry if you covered this, but why no Added Lightning on a 5L?

I'm using a 5L at the moment and find the IncAoE isn't necessary with radius from Templar and Witch in tree, but added lightning adds a lot of dps.
"
sucinum wrote:
"
valares wrote:

Is that a usual number of the crit build? My noncrit Trickster has 8,8k with Elemental Overload at level 76 and I'm sure I can get a bit more, since I only have 4 links (the 5th will be Lightning Penetration, which won't change the tooltip).

Yes, it is. to get higher you actually need insane jewellery, maxed int on gear, 6l etc. Thats because usual 5 link also is with AoE gem or penetration gem or both. You can get higher for the cost of shock with ele focus. Though I dont recommend it unless you are non-crit with no or less than 10% chance to shock.
You should focus on first of the two main problems with OP's build: no consistent leech (suggested ways to leech are clunky and/or removes some map mods from playable list) and no consistent non-tryhard power charge generation without skyforth, which is also bad to recommend cause of price. First is not solvable with OP's tree unless you use 1 link for LL gem (less dps) or use Blasphemy WM (bad, IMO, because BF has insane range, especially in this build). There is only 1 true way - getting to duelist leech nodes.
"
valares wrote:
Seems like noone pointed out that your dps calculation is incorrect. In spreadsheet you take numbers for base damage from tooltip which already counts all gem multipliers. You shouldn't multiply base damage with gems and crit, because tooltip already counts both. That way your real dps is way less than you stated in your topic. Please change that.

If you want real dps just multiply your tooltip by tripple (because release and multipliers from stacks 1.5*2) amount of attacks per second you have which usually is 6 (so *3=18), in your case 6 is achievable with Vaal Haste. Then you count in penetration and get around 23-24 multiplier. With PC you have something around 8k tooltip, but you need reliable way to generate them. So in best case scenario with Vaal Haste without vinktar you have around 8*25 = 200k dps. And this is on full power charges which will not be 100% of time.

Actually, this is incorrect. I'm using my base attack tooltip, which means gems are not yet taken into account. PC are not up 100% of the time, and you're correct, my normal dps is lower, but I think I stated this is an optimized version, with all PC and flasks vs bosses (still leaving out Vaal Haste though). I usually have max power charges while clearing maps tbh, sometimes hovering around 5-6, but normally 7. If the bosses is easily accessible, then I get all charges (like shipyard, volcano, etc. Bosses like Atziri I get less charges, but because of the high hit rate of BF and the way the Assassins PC generation works, you still get 4 or 5 within a second).

My tooltip (now that I'm not using wrath anymore) is about 17k without haste and flasks, but with charges.
Last edited by Kroughfire on Dec 25, 2016, 5:11:59 PM
"
valares wrote:
"
sucinum wrote:
"
valares wrote:

Yes, it is. to get higher you actually need insane jewellery, maxed int on gear, 6l etc. Thats because usual 5 link also is with AoE gem or penetration gem or both. You can get higher for the cost of shock with ele focus. Though I dont recommend it unless you are non-crit with no or less than 10% chance to shock.
You should focus on first of the two main problems with OP's build: no consistent leech (suggested ways to leech are clunky and/or removes some map mods from playable list) and no consistent non-tryhard power charge generation without skyforth, which is also bad to recommend cause of price. First is not solvable with OP's tree unless you use 1 link for LL gem (less dps) or use Blasphemy WM (bad, IMO, because BF has insane range, especially in this build). There is only 1 true way - getting to duelist leech nodes.

My tooltip is around 17k I think, but that's not including 57% pen(not including conductivity), shock from vinktars, a perma-up time diamond flask, Vaal Haste, or Onslaught.

Our Power charges are almost always up because of BF's high hit rate, and because we're at 67-ish% crit without the diamond flask. So start a map, kill a few mobs without the flask, then use the flask and never lose charges because of how fast the clearspeed is. Obviously Skyforth is a great option for many reasons, but I'm not even considering it.

Warlords is very reliable for AoE because we get 30% inc. AoE from the tree, plus a high level warlords. It's almost the same range as BF, and I've *never* had a problem with leech. I'm not sure why you think it would be an issue. Plus it generates endurance charges, which is amazing for both immortal call, and some important mitigation for our ES build. while it might be preferable to use a different curse if you have another source of life or mana leech, Warlord's is a *very* useful curse for us.
"
Kroughfire wrote:

My tooltip (now that I'm not using wrath anymore) is about 17k without haste and flasks, but with charges.

Not using Wrath anymore? Why not? What are you using instead - dual curse with conductivity?

Please could you post updated tree.

Please could you also advise on gem order for 4, 5 and 6L.

Please could you also clarify position on using Ele Focus when the player doesn't have vinktars?

Still loving the build.

Happy Christmas,

A
"
valares wrote:
"
sucinum wrote:
"
valares wrote:

I took Vitality Void, it's awesome and there's quite some Int (2* Fertile Mind) on the way, so not too expensive. That allows me to run Elemental Weakness instead of Warlord's Mark. I can actually run every map mod, even though I need to drink a lot of flasks for elemental reflect. Grace will fix that, though.

Didn't know the power charge generation is so complicated, maybe Orb of Storms with pcoc is an option (there's another guide about these claws in the templar forum which uses that), but not sure how far you get with that.
I am happy with my Elemental Overload version and I also took Elemental Focus Support - I can still add Vinktar's if I want to shock. Check BNG_Neuromancer in my profile if you want to have a look - still work in progress, though.
"
sucinum wrote:

I took Vitality Void, it's awesome and there's quite some Int (2* Fertile Mind) on the way, so not too expensive. That allows me to run Elemental Weakness instead of Warlord's Mark. I can actually run every map mod, even though I need to drink a lot of flasks for elemental reflect. Grace will fix that, though.

Didn't know the power charge generation is so complicated, maybe Orb of Storms with pcoc is an option (there's another guide about these claws in the templar forum which uses that), but not sure how far you get with that.
I am happy with my Elemental Overload version and I also took Elemental Focus Support - I can still add Vinktar's if I want to shock. Check BNG_Neuromancer in my profile if you want to have a look - still work in progress, though.

What kind of damage are you able to pull with these modifications? I was thinking of doing the same thing by using elemental overload.

Thanks! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info