[2.5] [New Vid] Assassin: Wisdom and Action 800kdps on a 5L

"
Kroughfire wrote:
Hi, sorry for the late response.

No problem.

"
Kroughfire wrote:

I'm using warlord's mark for leech, and because of the damage we do, it's more than sufficient to keep us maxed on every hit against map bosses/atziri.

It also keeps up our mana and end. charges, which is extremely helpful.

Got it.
Thank you.
Good luck in Legacy league mate!
This still good even tho bf is nerfed in 2.6?

Trying to figure out if its good for legacy league.
It should be just fine. The damage was insane enough as it was, and it's only dropping 15% (not nearly enough of a nerf imo. BF is too strong). The AoE might be changed too much, but the description is a bit confusing and I'm under the impression it will remain about the same. Spectral Throw might be a stronger option now however; it'll need to be played and compared.
Hey could you update the passive tree for 2.6, or I can use the same?
Hello,

thanks for an interesting guide and your work you put into it. I got here from a link in your "How not to suck" guide on a steam.
Well, I'm new to the game and I'm looking for something easy to start with, as I heard and read from many sources, that just trying to figure out this game myself will end up in failure. I started burning arrow ranger, now being lvl 25, everything goes smoothly, even dropped nice unique bow, but...I always liked melee more. So I looked up this super cool looking dual wield melee build of yours and thought, hurraaah thats what I wanna go with. But...when looking at the prices for those claws needed, I dont see 3-5 chaos orbs, but 115 for a cheapest one. This makes it absolutely impossible to buy for a newcomer, or did I miss something? Thank you!
Last edited by OstravarCZ on Mar 7, 2017, 1:50:50 PM
2.6 Updates

I been following this guide quite closely and used it as my starter build for Legacy league. A couple things to note when using this as a league starter.

1. Hand of wisdom and thought (the low level version of the claws) cost me about 7c each at the start of the league and I was able to afford both of them around level 40 while leveling.

2. I was able to upgrade the claws around level 79 to hand of wisdom and action. They cost around 90c each to upgrade and it took a good while to farm that currency. Keep in mind that this price should drop quite a bit as the league goes on (but no guarantee)

3. Early 60s to 75s was pretty tough as I was trying to switch to CI and good gear is expensive. Also it's my first CI character so I wasn't super knowledgeable of gear and stuff.

4. In the guide he has an added lightning damage support socketed and it doesn't do anything? also he has cast when stunned + vaal haste and vaal discipline, the cast when stunned has no effect on these things.

5. Enlighten gems take fucking forever to level, mine are still level 1 so they do nothing. I specked heavy into reduced mana reserved nodes until I can get those to level 3. Once they are high enough level I will hopefully be able to free up a lot of space on my tree . . . like 8 points.
"
CoolDown wrote:
2.6 Updates

I been following this guide quite closely and used it as my starter build for Legacy league. A couple things to note when using this as a league starter.

1. Hand of wisdom and thought (the low level version of the claws) cost me about 7c each at the start of the league and I was able to afford both of them around level 40 while leveling.

2. I was able to upgrade the claws around level 79 to hand of wisdom and action. They cost around 90c each to upgrade and it took a good while to farm that currency. Keep in mind that this price should drop quite a bit as the league goes on (but no guarantee)

3. Early 60s to 75s was pretty tough as I was trying to switch to CI and good gear is expensive. Also it's my first CI character so I wasn't super knowledgeable of gear and stuff.

4. In the guide he has an added lightning damage support socketed and it doesn't do anything? also he has cast when stunned + vaal haste and vaal discipline, the cast when stunned has no effect on these things.

5. Enlighten gems take fucking forever to level, mine are still level 1 so they do nothing. I specked heavy into reduced mana reserved nodes until I can get those to level 3. Once they are high enough level I will hopefully be able to free up a lot of space on my tree . . . like 8 points.

Hi!
Hope the build becomes smoother for you as you level and get a few more items.
Yes, I had added lightning and Cast when Stunned socketed in there, but it's just to level them, as I wasn't using the sockets at the moment. I should have taken them out when I linked my gear to avoid confusion.
And this league the HoWA is quite expensive because everybody knows how crazy it is, and breaches are much rarer than before. Again, hopefully the price comes down a bit, but you can get pretty far just with the unupgraded claws.

The enlightens are end game level items, and aren't entirely necessary for the build. The aura nodes by CI or Templar should be sufficient for any mana troubles you have (you maybe can't run that extra aura).

The build is still extremely strong. Blade Flurry wasn't nerfed quite enough in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy!
currently playing this build, but i just cant get the third aura in there, already skilled all aura related passives, and even bought a level 3 enlighten which is linked to hatred and discipline, as well as a level 2 enlighten thats linked to blasphemy and warlord's. it still reserves like 95% of my mana which is barely enough to keep attacking at my speed. i noticed in the video which you posted, that you had like 20% mana free on your char, god knows how. can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

you mentioned that one should spec into charisma if there were any mana-problems, the question is: how are you doing it without charisma? 0o

EDIT: another thing: im currently level 88, and sitting on 325 crit-multi, lacking my last power charge as well as jewel slot. i have crit multi on every single one of my jewels, yet you claim to have over 460 crit multi in your faq, how is that possible?
Last edited by pR1sm on Mar 26, 2017, 8:29:51 PM
I'm currently playing this kind of build and have a lot of fun with it. However, troubles come with elem reflected!!!

I just posted a short video on T11 Shaped Strand Map. It's only on 5 body armor links and nothing really improved... It could go really higher with some exalted orbs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXu4xWEPyxY
uhmmm Guys.. I kinda have problems with this build...

the ES is good but kinda got low dps on my Blade Flurry..
Well i changed my build from Scourge CI to HOWA CI some of the gems that im using now is still lvl 11+ also 2 points of my ascendency is still not yet changed..ill changed it later.
to be honest im somehow confused with the gems that the thread starter are using.. xD

Below is my profile.. Char = Chulafa
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darkblitz05/characters

my current dps on Blade Flurry is only 3.4k (with Wrath, Herald of Thunder and Ice Golem)
Please kinda help me.. i dont want this build also to be a waste.. xD (wasted so much regrets)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info