(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

After getting my 6l Belly i started to have problems with mana when killing bosses... and i'm using Warlord's Mark too and even with it, mana goes really, really fast ;x I normally remove the IAoE to kill bosses kk
"
nogenem wrote:
After getting my 6l Belly i started to have problems with mana when killing bosses... and i'm using Warlord's Mark too and even with it, mana goes really, really fast ;x I normally remove the IAoE to kill bosses kk

what lvl are you? how much mana is free?

did you pick Pain Reaver ascendency? You have 3% of Damage Leeched as Mana which should me enough.

I am running maps to t12 and have no problems with mana. I am running HoA and Blasphemy + Flammability.

Do you have IAoE in Axe or Chest? You don't need it in chest, just switch conc. effect with IAoE in Axe for maping. IAoE has 140% mana multiplier so that could be the couse of your mana issues.
So I started running this build converting over from a lighty cyclone build just because the concept just seems cool and I got the axe for cheap at first I was like this awesome but ran into road block starting at t7-8 (no these map didn't have elemental weakness or reflect dam)and up. I would get randomly insta killed couldn't figure out what was causing it to the point I even respected some stuff to get Vaal Pact that made it even worse.

Running Vaal I was losing life also most fast as I could gain it, after leaving each pack of mobs I would be at 1/2 health I if I had to leap more than a few times I would be at a quarter health at the start of the next pack. (after taking a break I had lost 90% of a level) I redid most of my skills

I
-dropped hatred
- removed CWDT-Blood Rage-Warlords
- dropped Bloodmagic-Leap-fortify
- dropped Bloodmagic-Cyclone
- dropped Chaos Golem
- added Cyclone-fortify
- added Blasphemy-Warlords
- dropped Chaos Golem
- added fire golem
- added revenge
I added fire golem just because I didn’t want to re-color sockets
I now can now survive

But I feel like I do no damage now losing Blood rage + hatred has probably get my damage in 1/2
Is there any way to get the damage back that hatred+blood rage gave and still stay alive or am I just going to have to deal with it?
Is there another way to gain frenzy stacks passively?
Maybe Forbidden Taste flask messing you up?
"
Maybe Forbidden Taste flask messing you up?

Never thought about that/forgot wasn't a big deal when I had lots of regen
"
EvanEyolf wrote:
So I started running this build converting over from a lighty cyclone build just because the concept just seems cool and I got the axe for cheap at first I was like this awesome but ran into road block starting at t7-8 (no these map didn't have elemental weakness or reflect dam)and up. I would get randomly insta killed couldn't figure out what was causing it to the point I even respected some stuff to get Vaal Pact that made it even worse.

Running Vaal I was losing life also most fast as I could gain it, after leaving each pack of mobs I would be at 1/2 health I if I had to leap more than a few times I would be at a quarter health at the start of the next pack. (after taking a break I had lost 90% of a level) I redid most of my skills

I
-dropped hatred
- removed CWDT-Blood Rage-Warlords
- dropped Bloodmagic-Leap-fortify
- dropped Bloodmagic-Cyclone
- dropped Chaos Golem
- added Cyclone-fortify
- added Blasphemy-Warlords
- dropped Chaos Golem
- added fire golem
- added revenge
I added fire golem just because I didn’t want to re-color sockets
I now can now survive

But I feel like I do no damage now losing Blood rage + hatred has probably get my damage in 1/2
Is there any way to get the damage back that hatred+blood rage gave and still stay alive or am I just going to have to deal with it?
Is there another way to gain frenzy stacks passively?

Man, just follow the guide and you'll be ok, cuz what you are doing is not in this guide!

You were running Blood rage with VP? wrong
Running hatred? you dont need that much damage, its better to use flammability or enfeeble and HoA
leap+fortify? put fortify in chest links
chaos golem? why?
warlords? why?
What do you guys think about this setup?

I put cyclone in ngamahu's axe, because I wanted to wear Kaom's Heart and didn't want to give up one of my 4Ls for a weak cyclone.

The gems I use in Ngamahu:
5L Cyclone
+melee phys/faster attacks (tried both)
+added fire
+WED
+elemental focus
6S: GMP

This makes both the cyclone and the projectiles a 5L.

I use this tree and this gear:
Spoiler

That's 8.5k HP at Lvl89 (some life nodes left to take, I hope to get to 9k), around 100k(!) Cyclone DpS, 8k projectile tooltip.

Cheap jewels, pretty much all the same:
6-7% life
7-8% twohanded/axe attack speed/damage
minor stats (int, resists, projectile damage)

Auras:
AA, HoA, Blasphemy+Flammability

I use CWDT/Molten Shell and Vengeance for additional sustain when lagging or non-cycloning due to ground particles. Keeps me alive better than IC, as far as I can tell.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 12, 2017, 7:22:02 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in to say I took some inspiration to build my Ngamahu Zerker from this thread and the guy is an absolute beast, so far handles absolutely everything I throw at him, Breachlords, Uberlab (fully buffed Izaro at lvl 76), high tier maps with crazy mods, he just lawnmowers over everything.

To the guys above me: I don't see how Kaom's would be a better choice than Belly for the build to be honest, you gain life, but you lose ALOT of damage on the Molten Burst from the axe, which is what makes this build special in the first place, I'd only consider switching Belly out if you REALLY need more hp in some fight to not get oneshot, I think the build is already tanky enough to handle most things, without that much life. If you're playing Hardcore by all means go ahead ofcourse.

For the guy confused about the gem setups, this is mine so far:

Edit: Updated to new setups
Armor: Cyclone - Added Fire Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased AOE (Mobs) or Conc Effect (Bosses)
Axe: Standard

Gloves: Survival Pack: CWDT 13 - Immo Call 15 - Molten Shell 17 - Increased Duration 20
Boots: Leap Slam-Faster Attacks- Fortify Support, Vaal Lightning Trap(!)
Helm: CWDT 1 - Enfeeble, HoA, Hatred

Putting Enfeeble on CWDT allows me to go with 2 damage Auras, which is really nice and doesn't affect survivability too much, just be careful about initial hits (in Izaro fight for example -> pop some Flasks before the fight starts). Having Fortify in my Leap Slam Setup allows me more damage with Cyclone on a 5-Link, while still maintaining fortify.

Exchangeable Skills are in my opinion: Vaal Cyclone & Trap, and the whole helm setup, you can pretty much go for whatever you want, so long as it suits your needs and you feel your survivabilty is good enough. (For Izaro I went with Hatred + Arctic Armor for example), if you are having problems with survival I'd recommend putting in Enfeeble + Blasphemy + HoA(+ Arctic Armor). Putting in Enduring Cry is also possible, it's not too bad for mapping, but I much prefer an uninterrupted playstyle, so personally I leave it out.

About Blood Rage: I do have it socketed too, I think it's a nice boost for fast mapping or certain bosses when you can leech constantly, but if you're unsure or having problems sustaining the life drain, just leave it out. Edit: Got rid of blood rage, as the increase in damage was not significant and it's more relaxed to play without it when having Vaal Pact.

My thoughts so far. Again Cheers for the build and guide, I will put my profile on public so you can take a look at the char+equip so far.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 14, 2017, 7:35:56 PM
"

To the guys above me: I don't see how Kaom's would be a better choice than Belly for the build to be honest, you gain life, but you lose ALOT of damage on the Molten Burst from the axe, which is what makes this build special in the first place, I'd only consider switching Belly out if you REALLY need more hp in some fight to not get oneshot, I think the build is already tanky enough to handle most things, without that much life. If you're playing Hardcore by all means go ahead ofcourse.

I can go back and forth between Belly and Kaom any time, it's just swapping a chest piece and adding a couple gems.

It's just that my projectile damage seems to be enough to clear content.
But you can never have enough HP. ;)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

But you can never have enough HP. ;)

I'd say that's even more so when it comes to damage. I just don't see why you would cut your damage(cleartime), if you're not dying in the first place, unless like I said you play HC and just want more survivability in general. The more things you kill, the more stuff will drop, especially since this character is already very good for clearing breaches and more damage makes him even better at farming them.

I'm recording some videos for people interested in the build btw..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info