(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

Lol I called them legendaries, still got that WoW blood in me.
I have all the gear necessary. However I'm very reluctant to make a build for this. You just KNOW this is going to get the nerf hammer. especially since mathil is streaming with it.
Which build passive would you recommend for running uber lab? i know ideally this isnt that best build out there for it but which one.
"
TheRoc_Pile wrote:
"
I just finished my merc lab and got Pain Reaver, your right that made a big difference both in my life and mana regens. Ill start to head for the Vaal Pact, though it looks like I will have to refund some points. right now ill have to get to 83 to get vaal pact unless i refund some things.

I have not grabbed Iron Grip as im not sure what it affects, guessing the molten skill from the axe.

I also have rampart for improving fortify but not sure ill have enough points or at least I will need to sell it to get to the higher levels and place the points later. another build I saw was using Iron Reflexes to replace the evasion with armor not sure how well that would work into this build but im not over 2k evasion as the other post recommends.

Yeah there is a lot of room to modify this build. Im currently running kaoms, some people dont like it for this build but my cyclone was on a 5L as it was so dropping down to a 4L cyclone wasnt a huge issue for me in return for 1k more life.

I have noticed that there is some room for variations, I am just not super experienced with what certain things it the tree affect. Right now I am fighting with my ability to survive against burst damage. im 81 with only 4k of life. Every once in awhile I get hit with something random and die in one hit. My rings and amulet do need to get changed out but im not sure how much of a difference it will make an extra 100 flat life. I am thinking of dropping my 4 rampart points to get 4 5% life nodes.

Also tried to fight Xoph but couldnt pull off the dps for it. I was pushing 56k dps with buffs but couldn't survive the bursts or would get hung on a little pebble and die. With him being fire resist it takes a ton of damage to get him down it seems.

Wikid
Greatings! I started two days ago this build on hcb as a slayer and see how it goes. I will try to find a way to not die from reflect by using purity of fire in essence worm, ruby flask and high life with regen. The overkill life leech from slayer with herald of ash might be good to survive any mob with reflect. Will keep you updated. Happy New Year all of you! 🍾🍾
Didn't have any answer to this message previously :
"
Harest wrote:
Hi,

I see 2 different trees for the Vaal Pact version without Blood Magic (one in the tree section and one at the end of the leveling part). Seems like the one in the tree section is better but i just wanted to point it out.

It seems that you've a preference for Blood Magic, any particular reason ? Can't we sustain cyclone with our leech from Pain Reaver ? So we can put Hatred + Herald of Ash for "free" damages. I never went Blood Magic yet as it never felt interesting to me. Refering to your tooltip, some maximum mana is missing to sustain it properly, otherwise it'd be all good i guess. Despite going full fire with the Avatar of fire on Xoph's Blood if we get this at the end (i'd rather loot it that buy it), i'm not sure if Hatred is worth. Maybe a curse like flammability with blasphemy or poacher's mark indeed.

Nice guide anyway. Not sure yet if i go Berserker or Raider. Either way, the defense feels quite similar, aka not much existent. For now i'm enjoying my first reroll of this league (Juggernaut Tank w/ block mainly, and armor + 8 endurance charges). I've stopped the first character at lvl 84 (Assassin Blade Flurry) mainly due to survivability missing.
Apparently you updated the tree so it's now the same in the leveling section and main tree section.
Anyway, since this message i chose Berserker and i'm lvl 82 for now. +/- the same passive tree. I took Cloaked in Savagery in 3rd. For the gem setup i've a different one. To sum up i've fortify on leap slam. On Cyclone i've as 5 & 6th link faster attacks and elemental focus. I still have a vaal cyclone (with the leap slam, faster attacks & fortify) and i use a fire golem, herald of ash and i recently added (since i tried the breachlords for the first time, with Xoph as first and got the amulet) flammability w/ blasphemy.
Really awesome so far, except the two instakills at the damn end of the uber lab today, 2 times. I'll have to do it again. It was before the breachlords and the changes in my stuff. I had a hard time getting the 169% all elem resists back. Had to sacrifice the atk speed on the gloves for now. Will have to get a Devoto's Devotion too. And no issues with mana atm. I've an hybrid flask here but i almost never use it. A Lion's Roar would be a better use of this flask slot i guess. Or an Atziri's Promise.
You can see my char over there (HaresTurn).

Edit : Btw, can you put your characters public ? Or maybe you're doing some PvP and don't want to disclose info. I saw you had 7400 hp in one of the videos. I'd be interested to know how. I'm currently at 6k (lvl 85).
Last edited by Harest on Jan 2, 2017, 1:38:04 AM
"
Harest wrote:
Didn't have any answer to this message previously :
"
Harest wrote:
Hi,

I see 2 different trees for the Vaal Pact version without Blood Magic (one in the tree section and one at the end of the leveling part). Seems like the one in the tree section is better but i just wanted to point it out.

It seems that you've a preference for Blood Magic, any particular reason ? Can't we sustain cyclone with our leech from Pain Reaver ? So we can put Hatred + Herald of Ash for "free" damages. I never went Blood Magic yet as it never felt interesting to me. Refering to your tooltip, some maximum mana is missing to sustain it properly, otherwise it'd be all good i guess. Despite going full fire with the Avatar of fire on Xoph's Blood if we get this at the end (i'd rather loot it that buy it), i'm not sure if Hatred is worth. Maybe a curse like flammability with blasphemy or poacher's mark indeed.

Nice guide anyway. Not sure yet if i go Berserker or Raider. Either way, the defense feels quite similar, aka not much existent. For now i'm enjoying my first reroll of this league (Juggernaut Tank w/ block mainly, and armor + 8 endurance charges). I've stopped the first character at lvl 84 (Assassin Blade Flurry) mainly due to survivability missing.
Apparently you updated the tree so it's now the same in the leveling section and main tree section.
Anyway, since this message i chose Berserker and i'm lvl 82 for now. +/- the same passive tree. I took Cloaked in Savagery in 3rd. For the gem setup i've a different one. To sum up i've fortify on leap slam. On Cyclone i've as 5 & 6th link faster attacks and elemental focus. I still have a vaal cyclone (with the leap slam, faster attacks & fortify) and i use a fire golem, herald of ash and i recently added (since i tried the breachlords for the first time, with Xoph as first and got the amulet) flammability w/ blasphemy.
Really awesome so far, except the two instakills at the damn end of the uber lab today, 2 times. I'll have to do it again. It was before the breachlords and the changes in my stuff. I had a hard time getting the 169% all elem resists back. Had to sacrifice the atk speed on the gloves for now. Will have to get a Devoto's Devotion too. And no issues with mana atm. I've an hybrid flask here but i almost never use it. A Lion's Roar would be a better use of this flask slot i guess. Or an Atziri's Promise.
You can see my char over there (HaresTurn).

Edit : Btw, can you put your characters public ? Or maybe you're doing some PvP and don't want to disclose info. I saw you had 7400 hp in one of the videos. I'd be interested to know how. I'm currently at 6k (lvl 85).

Im at lvl 84 and only just got 5k HP, he did mention he had an extra 1k of life for when he ran BM. I think 6k is what you should be around if your not running BM.

Wikid
"
Harest wrote:

Might be due to the breach rings being doubled in breaches.Some of the videos I recorded at different times but having around 6k is normal.

sorry for taking so long to respond,holidays were a trying time..
Hey there! I've been running this build for a while now and it's really great. Fast clear speed + the ability to run every boss in the game (that last statement is more or less true) is awesome. It's not that expansive to get into and scales a lot with all the currency you invest in it.

Here's how my progression went :

- Running only ngamahu Allows you to run early-mid maps easily simply with capped resists .
- Adding Xoph after some farming gives you a nice extra dmg boost
- Getting all your ascendencies makes you die less since you insta full heal as long as you don't die in one shot.
- Following that thought (If I don't get one shoted nothing can kill me) I started investing in life jewels with nice bonus dmg + res and some intelligence, since we lack some of that.

And here I am now with 4 guardians down all deathless and 1 (and my first ever) try on the shaper that went bad from my lack of practice and knowledge of the mechanics.

Gear :
Spoiler

Jewels :
Spoiler

tree :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBQgFHEUdRUgFukYkRmKGbQhVSGQIq8kNyo4LOktgzB3Mn41kjhTOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-TeNQR1hjWf5br14TXz9f0GFSZFJlTWebaGVo8nKpdO12rHbneHp673zZfXWCB4Nfg8yExYTZhO-GYIazh2qMz5cGl3mYV5u1ogCkwqZXqSeplK2Nrj6vbLc-u-O8n702vqe_CMBmwKbBo8M6xKLE9sauxtjPftNv037Yvdl82sHcPd0N4mHkUeoQ6hjvDu9O73rvfPAf8kHyRfPd9kj2o_cy-F_46_4K_o_-ug==?accountName=Quelnor&characterName=IMakeSpinningGreatAgain

Now there is a lot of space to tinker with this build and I've been doing a bit. I worked a lot on survivability to help with bosses, and that lead me to change the auras of the build. I introduced arctic armor since phys dmg reduction + fire reduction (helps with reflect) made a lot of sense to me and felt mandatory. I still wonder if the dmg of herald of ash is really worth it and applies to the molten burst, anyone can answer that?

The limitation we have is that we must choose 3 options in all those choices : (Poacher's mark for frenzy dmg and nice potion boost, Warlord's for endurance defensive possiblities, Herald of ash for dmg, Arctic armour for defense, purity of fire to help with reflect and nice defense vs fire, elemental weakness to add nice dmg).

I'm really thorn between which one to chose but as I said I feel like arctic armor is mandatory. What about ele weakness? Isn't -resist considered MORE dmg multiplicator? If it's right then it's a huge dmg boost. And then warlord's for yet again some defense (that can be switched for purity of fire since it's the same color).

I've droped vaal haste too to replace it with molten shell on the CWDT link. I think it's yet again a nice defense boost. I mean, do we really need that much dmg? We already instant kill almost anything in maps, so vaal haste felt overkill, right? Am I wrong on that train of thought?

But I'm not only all about defense, I went for Point blank in the tree to allow me to remove it from the 6s axe and place elemental focus for even more dmg (basically 7 gems of support to 1 skill so a 8link).

Oh yeah and another modification I made on the life side of things : I didn't go up to get Devotion. It's 4 points and you can get more life in 4 points by simply taking one node near Barbarism + one node near juggernaut + 2 other nodes near Bloodless. It gives you more life + % armor and All resist.

What do you think about my theorycrafting? Really trying to min max that build to maximize defense while having the best dmg possible.

[EDIT] Changed ele weakness for projectile cuz ele requires too much intelligence
Last edited by Quelnor on Jan 4, 2017, 3:23:57 PM
How much life do you have? You should have around 6,5k with ll that life nodes. Is that really necessary? You are missing 70% inc. dmg with axes, that a lot IMO.

I am also starting with this build (lvl 73), just started mapping (tried mostly t6-7). It's really quick.

At the moment i don't have any need for vaal pact, but that will change til t10+ i guess.

My gear atm:

Spoiler

I know i have still much work to do, but it's going great till now.

DPS: 40k in HO with HoA + Hatred
Burst: 10k
Last edited by memberx on Jan 4, 2017, 5:40:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info