(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

i play hardcore exclusively so i varied the build slightly. i was farming t15's comfortably without my uber ascendancy. This was the strongest and most fun build i had all league but i died to the ONLY way i could die....one shot.

Combination of vaal pact, leech, fortify, and max fire res makes me IMMUNE to reflect. I run purity of fire and poachers mark.

Demonstration = https://www.twitch.tv/dongsqu4d/v/114743064
"
EvanEyolf wrote:
How are you guys staying alive ? Im at 6.5k health 4800 armour 2k evasion my resists are almost capped -minus chaos running enfeeble and determination and I'm still getting 1 shot by tier 7 mobs.

You are definitely not getting one shot by normal tier 7 mobs with 6,5k hp, even with damage and crit modifiers a normal tier 7 mob can not one shot you, unless it's something like a massive corpse explosion from a beyond boss or something like that. You might however have run into an elemental reflect mob here and there, which looks like a one shot, but is actually the elemental reflect killing you, overcap fire resistance constantly with a ruby flask, to become more resilient to your own damage.

Also, almost capped isn't capped, it's VERY important to cap the elemental resistances. If you want to do higher tier maps, you can not slack off when it comes to resists.

I also see a problem in your tree and gem setup. You are trying to get alot of damage mitigation on the build, which ironically doesn't really help you to survive on this build. You are supposed to take big hits to proc cloaked in savagery, as soon as CIS is active you are basically invincible to everything, but actual oneshots, even to elemental reflect. However, reducing the damage via alot of armor, enfeeble and fortify leads to smaller hits, that might not proc CIS, which hurts your leeching potential immensely.

I'd say ditch the defensive gem setups for more offense and get immunity to bleeding on a utility flask, as well as a ruby flask in your setup so you can keep those up constantly. Anti Bleed on healing is good for reacting to heavy bleeding stacks, but doesn't prevent them, since you can't keep the immunity up and the effect ends as soon as your hp bar is full. Two of your utility flasks should always be commited to anti freeze and anti bleed.

Also, unless you commit heavily to overcapped fire resistance, you will die to reflect every now and again, as well as oneshots from some hard hitters, it's nothing to worry about too much.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 25, 2017, 12:35:13 PM
"
"
EvanEyolf wrote:
How are you guys staying alive ? Im at 6.5k health 4800 armour 2k evasion my resists are almost capped -minus chaos running enfeeble and determination and I'm still getting 1 shot by tier 7 mobs.

You are definitely not getting one shot by normal tier 7 mobs with 6,5k hp, even with damage and crit modifiers a normal tier 7 mob can not one shot you, unless it's something like a massive corpse explosion from a beyond boss or something like that. You might however have run into an elemental reflect mob here and there, which looks like a one shot, but is actually the elemental reflect killing you, overcap fire resistance constantly with a ruby flask, to become more resilient to your own damage.

Also, almost capped isn't capped, it's VERY important to cap the elemental resistances. If you want to do higher tier maps, you can not slack off when it comes to resists.

I also see a problem in your tree and gem setup. You are trying to get alot of damage mitigation on the build, which ironically doesn't really help you to survive on this build. You are supposed to take big hits to proc cloaked in savagery, as soon as CIS is active you are basically invincible to everything, but actual oneshots, even to elemental reflect. However, reducing the damage via alot of armor, enfeeble and fortify leads to smaller hits, that might not proc CIS, which hurts your leeching potential immensely.

I'd say ditch the defensive gem setups for more offense and get immunity to bleeding on a utility flask, as well as a ruby flask in your setup so you can keep those up constantly. Anti Bleed on healing is good for reacting to heavy bleeding stacks, but doesn't prevent them, since you can't keep the immunity up and the effect ends as soon as your hp bar is full. Two of your utility flasks should always be commited to anti freeze and anti bleed.

Also, unless you commit heavily to overcapped fire resistance, you will die to reflect every now and again, as well as oneshots from some hard hitters, it's nothing to worry about too much.

Thanks for your contributions in this thread.

I noticed you dropped flame golem and added ancestral warchief to your build. Any particular reason?
Thx for the build and guide! Started the league out as a Whispering Icer and swapped to this about halfway through. Have killed all four guardians and and even shaper for the first time thanks to this build!

I find it is very tanky. I really only die to huge hits (Phoenix guardian slam if Ruby Flask isn't up, Shaper slam, etc) or elemental reflect if Ruby Flask isn't up.

I did a slightly different tree that someone else linked earlier in the thread, and it seems to work pretty okay for me. There are probably lots of ways to do this character. I've basically stopped looking for upgrades now.

Sitting at 6.8k hp, 3.2k armor, 95k cyclone tooltip and 17k fireball damage just standing in hideout with Herald of Ash up.
"
tjohn86 wrote:
I noticed you dropped flame golem and added ancestral warchief to your build. Any particular reason?

Well, the simple reason is that it gives a much bigger damage boost than the Golem. It helps to melt bosses and provides the boost reliably in the situations where you need it the most (Shaper's minion phases, Atziri Clones, etc.) It's also nice to have for convenience sometimes, like on Elreon quests for example.
Thanks that makes sense. I think I'll run with flame golem on CWDT and ancestral warchief to maximize damage.
Hey guys, here are 4 of the promised videos, namely the guardians. All, but one deathless and the one death on phoenix was just me fucking up when recording the kill. I got some more footage of some crazy T15 maps,a T16 Vaal Temple, the high council (rather boring), an uberlab run (also kinda boring) and ofcourse Uber Atziri, which I did want to do a cleaner run of, but I don't know when I'll get around to that, so I might just upload the run I did for now.

Deathless Mino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHiC5LDabHs

Deathless Hydra: https://youtu.be/n0pG34yf9to

Deathless Chimera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw23EuNZwgs&t=1s

1-death Phoenix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4b7BXk3-uk

The map mods weren't too crazy on the recorded maps. Hydra has temp chains(not anymore in the new video), the mods that affected the guardians were mostly monster hp, defenses and some have atk/cast speed and some not too crazy damage mods. All maps were rare or rare corrupted.

If you're interested in seeing anything on the build, aside from Uber (which I'll upload in any case) let me know and I'll try to make a recording of it. I might dabble with some other builds for now, or see how far I can upgrade this one until the league ends (still has tons of room for improvement).

Edit: Replaced the Hydra video with a new one, since the old one had an audio issue, that I didn't notice when I uploaded it.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 29, 2017, 1:16:50 PM
Spoiler
"
"
EvanEyolf wrote:

So I redid my tree following yours more closely it helped I lost ton of defense which makes me nervous, but I made it 1/2 90 before I died. I also got Atziri down several time I usually die on the cyclone boss a couple of times and on Atziri couple of times as I run out of flasks before she dies I get her to 99% every time then she covers the whole screen with damage that kills me. I got breach lords tul esh and xoph down would have had uul except the game crashed, no matter how many I killed the time keep going down when it hit 1 sec I got a server crash error the dropped me to desktop I'm hoping to get enough shards to try again soon.

I still get insta gibed allot of the time. I die now before I can get in range or from off screen stuff

How do you deal with getting stuck? most of time I die I notice its because I stopped spinning and it take several seconds to get unstuck were the whole time I'm getting hammered and my flasks cant keep up

How are you finding gear? I have yet to find an upgrade on poe trade when I do find one it mostly a side grade that costs 400+C

and how are you capping resits? the only one I have capped is fire at 174% lighting is 149% and cold 71% it seems impossible to find tri resits gear with life on it let alone with damage mods on it

when you say have remove bleed my utility flasks should I have remove bleed on my resits and defense flasks as well? Currently I just wait until after the fight and if my health goes down afterwords then I pop a healing flask to remove the bleed as that's the only time I notice that I'm bleeding?

I know seems kinda whiny I'm not trying to be I really like this build its only time I have ever made a char past lvl 50 and even with dying I'm having a ton of fun mowing throw stuff.

"
EvanEyolf wrote:
So I redid my tree following yours more closely it helped I lost ton of defense which makes me nervous, but I made it 1/2 90 before I died. I also got Atziri down several time I usually die on the cyclone boss a couple of times and on Atziri couple of times as I run out of flasks before she dies I get her to 99% every time then she covers the whole screen with damage that kills me. I got breach lords tul esh and xoph down would have had uul except the game crashed, no matter how many I killed the time keep going down when it hit 1 sec I got a server crash error the dropped me to desktop I'm hoping to get enough shards to try again soon.

I still get insta gibed allot of the time. I die now before I can get in range or from off screen stuff

How do you deal with getting stuck? most of time I die I notice its because I stopped spinning and it take several seconds to get unstuck were the whole time I'm getting hammered and my flasks cant keep up

How are you finding gear? I have yet to find an upgrade on poe trade when I do find one it mostly a side grade that costs 400+C

and how are you capping resits? the only one I have capped is fire at 174% lighting is 149% and cold 71% it seems impossible to find tri resits gear with life on it let alone with damage mods on it

when you say have remove bleed my utility flasks should I have remove bleed on my resits and defense flasks as well? Currently I just wait until after the fight and if my health goes down afterwords then I pop a healing flask to remove the bleed as that's the only time I notice that I'm bleeding?

I know seems kinda whiny I'm not trying to be I really like this build its only time I have ever made a char past lvl 50 and even with dying I'm having a ton of fun mowing throw stuff.

Check the gear on my character Moooooogle. 6.8k hp and I've done all content in the game except uber atziri (haven't tried her). The last one shot death I remember was to a ghosted Chayula inside a Chayula breach in a t14 map w/ dangerous map mods.

Not sure what to tell you other than to be SURE to cap your resists (169% in hideout if you want to be capped with Elemental Weakness in red maps, and you do). This build's biggest weakness is single large hits just killing you in one hit, and it just so happens that a lot of the things in the game that do that are elemental.

As far as getting stuck on terrain, it happens to everyone using Cyclone. The skill is just mechanically busted and needs improvement. There are workarounds, however. Try holding down your cyclone key (right click for me) and tapping your force move key (I have left click set to move-only) in any situation you think you might get stuck. This will cause you to run to wherever you click if you can't cyclone, and since you're holding down your Cyclone key you'll likely be able to start Cycloning again during or after moving. I also sometimes just hold down force move (left click) and tap my Cyclone key if the area is particularly crowded with objects.
Oh and I also run with Ruby flask 100% of the time. You usually find multiple monsters in every map with Elemental reflect, and it makes those drastically easier to deal with.

2x healing, 1 basalt, 1 ruby, 1 quicksilver is what I recommend. You can drop a healing if you have a useful unique flask or something to play around with. Don't be an idiot like me and try using an Atziri's flask thinking you'll get free damage and leech. Our amulet gives Avatar of Fire, so no non-fire damage lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info