(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

"
tainium wrote:
You use Arctic Armour but that gem says that it doesn't work if you're moving. We're always moving (unlike Archers) and Cyclone is a Movement spell. How about Enfeeble instead? I'm also thinking that a Lvl 20 CWDT+ImmCall+MoltenShell setup might be in order. Or maybe adding Grace/Determination to the Aura setup.

I'm using AA because it's the only thing that fits into my mana reservation.
HoA and Blasphemy leave a lot of mana, but not so much that I can fiddle in a "big aura".
And yes, the damage reduction will not apply most of the time, but the chilled ground is like a weaker version of Temporal Chains.

I don't really want to run Enfeeble, a) because of the crazy int requirement, b) because I'd need to drop flammability, and I already have dropped fire penetration in my axe gem setup.

Determination: Too much reservation. Doesn't seem worth it, I'd get to maybe 8k armor instead of 5k, does this really make a difference?
Grace: Same story. Tried it for a while (need to drop HoA for it), didn't feel much safer.

Immortal Call: I don't even keep up endurance charges, and I don't have the links for it. I'd need to fiddle in a full 4L: Enduring cry, CWDT, Immortal Call, increased duration. Too much, and I never really missed it.

So, I'm using:

*AA for some slowing of monsters, some protection while not spinning.
*Fortify on Leap Slam, if I bother to use it. (The new unique belt Perseverance actually works quite nicely, tested it for a while. It's providing fortify and onslaught almost always... if only it had more life/resists)
*an unlinked vengeance gem and a CWDT/Molten Shell, just for the damage and instant leech they provide via VP.
*all the armor I can get without investing anything in the skilltree (~5k).
*Flasks: Need some bleed removal and some freeze removal. A basalt flask goes a long way. Smoke flasks are also nice. But that's about it.
Fill with DpS flasks, Lion's roar and ideally Dying Sun (still didn't buy it).
Taste of hate and the Atziri flask don't seem worth it with Avatar of Fire, but I may be wrong, didn't test them.
Rumi's may be an idea, just to get a tiny bit more survivability.

And the most important part, a crazy amount of life:

I know some people will not recommend it, mainly because "I'm giving up too much damage on the projectiles" (only 5-linked instead of 7-linked).
But I really feel I need the crazy high life pool to comfortably play high tier maps.
It's probably still not as good as a very high ES buffer, but at least I get well over 8k, probably even over 9k within the next 2-3 levels.
I tested Belly of the Beast for a while, wasn't impressed enough by the better projectiles to justify such a big drop in my health pool. (but that's really just my opinion)

Then, all that's left to do: Spin, move around, spin more, watch your HP jump up and down, and kill before getting killed. ;-)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 20, 2017, 6:45:57 AM
I think you guys are gimping the build way too much for survivability, when you don't need to. I have 2,9k armor and 1,9k evasion (running Blasphemy+Flammability -> so, no enfeeble) and I hardly die to anything really. If I die, I die to high tier (15 & 16) bosses with crazy map modifiers, mostly because I made a mistake or was too lazy to dodge something. My hp is 7080 at the moment and it's enough to tank a hit of almost everything in the game and I feel like that's really all you need to be able to do to stay alive.

I get most of my survivability from flasks, Basalt and Rumis both help alot with taking damage, most important though is immunity to freeze and immunity to bleeding on 2 of your flasks.

I am testing taste of hate at the moment by the way and so far it's okay, definitely don't feel like it's a must have item though. It combines more survivabilty with damage (gives more damage than onslaught), which is great for the build and does make mapping feel a bit more smooth, but its downside is that you can not have guaranteed anti freeze or bleeding immunity on it and that the additional cold resistance isn't really needed alot of the time. I'd say that it's probably not really worth it for the price (paid 3ex for a perfect roll), if you don't have the currency to spare anyway.

Edit: Just did Shaper solo, this was my gear and flask setup for the shaper kill:

Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 20, 2017, 8:53:34 PM
Playing this Build and having Lots of Fun with it.
Playing with herald of ash but im unsure about the second Aura.any advice?
Last edited by FOXXORR on Jan 21, 2017, 6:22:46 AM
Flammability (lvl 20) or Enfeeble (lvl 10). I used the first one before, then i put enfeeble sometimes, and now i'm using only enfeeble. The damages are good enough to not have to use flammability anymore imo (for my setup, cyclone doing 117k dps without counting the additional temp buffs from our ascendancy).
Last edited by Harest on Jan 21, 2017, 1:16:46 PM
All right ty for the reply i will give it a try
Quick question:
Why not take the Point Blank Node in the tree and use Added Fire on the axe instead? Thats 5 Points (which I would remove from the axe wheel) for 44% MORE damage instead of 38% increased damage for the Flame Balls
5 ? Normally it's 4 (from the VP path). And that's a possible option some took (cf. some previous pages). It'll boost quite nicely your single target damages.

I didn't because i'll never remove increased damages as it applies to cyclone too and cyclone is the main source of aoe damages. I also don't want to remove hp from the tree.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 21, 2017, 9:50:50 PM
Currently trying the build with a raider version. I get the occasional one shot because I don't have savagery, but beeing free from all elemental status is quite nice. And the major plus I'd give raider is the insane movement speed making it a lot faster at clearing maps.

So overall I'd give boss killing to berserker and map clearing to raider. Here's my stuff right now. Note the boots that suits more raider for frenzy charges, and I procured myself corrupted axe + amulet for even more life steal. And the rings that upgraded for more dmg.

Spoiler

I'm still missing spiked gloves and 40% cyclone dmg devoto's.

Currently upping 20/20 an added fire dmg to test diffrent gems combination + I'm about to drop fortify on cyclone to increase dmg on it.
"
Quelnor wrote:
Currently trying the build with a raider version. I get the occasional one shot because I don't have savagery, but beeing free from all elemental status is quite nice. And the major plus I'd give raider is the insane movement speed making it a lot faster at clearing maps.

So overall I'd give boss killing to berserker and map clearing to raider. Here's my stuff right now. Note the boots that suits more raider for frenzy charges, and I procured myself corrupted axe + amulet for even more life steal. And the rings that upgraded for more dmg.

Spoiler

I'm still missing spiked gloves and 40% cyclone dmg devoto's.

Currently upping 20/20 an added fire dmg to test diffrent gems combination + I'm about to drop fortify on cyclone to increase dmg on it.

Wow how much were those rings?
Do you feel like this is superior to doing it as a raider?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info