(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

"
EvanEyolf wrote:

So I redid my tree following yours more closely it helped I lost ton of defense which makes me nervous, but I made it 1/2 90 before I died. I also got Atziri down several time I usually die on the cyclone boss a couple of times and on Atziri couple of times as I run out of flasks before she dies I get her to 99% every time then she covers the whole screen with damage that kills me. I got breach lords tul esh and xoph down would have had uul except the game crashed, no matter how many I killed the time keep going down when it hit 1 sec I got a server crash error the dropped me to desktop I'm hoping to get enough shards to try again soon.

I still get insta gibed allot of the time. I die now before I can get in range or from off screen stuff

How do you deal with getting stuck? most of time I die I notice its because I stopped spinning and it take several seconds to get unstuck were the whole time I'm getting hammered and my flasks cant keep up

How are you finding gear? I have yet to find an upgrade on poe trade when I do find one it mostly a side grade that costs 400+C

and how are you capping resits? the only one I have capped is fire at 174% lighting is 149% and cold 71% it seems impossible to find tri resits gear with life on it let alone with damage mods on it

when you say have remove bleed my utility flasks should I have remove bleed on my resits and defense flasks as well? Currently I just wait until after the fight and if my health goes down afterwords then I pop a healing flask to remove the bleed as that's the only time I notice that I'm bleeding?

I know seems kinda whiny I'm not trying to be I really like this build its only time I have ever made a char past lvl 50 and even with dying I'm having a ton of fun mowing throw stuff.

You're overcapped on fire and lightning, while you're drastically low (negative actually in merciless) on your cold resist, if those are your resists on normal. (which I assume they are)

It's no wonder you are getting 1 shot with that low cold resist. Balance your resists, so you have at least 135 on all 3. Overcapping to 169 is something you can look at, when you have loads of currency to spend and are perfecting your gear, until then a

is perfectly fine to deal with Elemental Weakness maps.

Getting stuck is really bad and just a problem of cyclone in general, there's not really that much you can do to prevent it completely, outside of trying to pick the best route to spin. If you realize it happened, immediately start chugging your instant heal flask and look that you get back to spinning as fast as possible, your defensive setup+chugging your instant heal flask should normally give you enough time to avoid dying, but it happens on some occasions.

For the Flasks:
What I meant is just to have anti bleed on one of your utility flasks, so you can basically have it up all the time preemptively, bleed does quite a bit of damage on the build, so you can easily lose like 50% of your hp in a second, if you're not leeching for a moment and that makes it really easy for ranged mobs to kill you in that moment.

(You can look at my phoenix video to see what I mean, I don't lose hp from bleeding stacks, but a fire tornado, but the point is that I die to the next projectile that hits me, because my hp aren't full.)

Losing hp from whatever source makes you succeptible to getting killed by projectiles, so avoiding hp loss from bleeding helps alot to avoid that.

My advice for finding upgrades would be to focus on the basics: Life+Resists, as high as possible, the rest is not important at first.
There often is not that big of a gap between extremely expensive and very cheap gear, but the very expensive stuff often has triple res already or str/armor additionally, which is nice, but not necessary.
Don't look for trires gear, instead look for gear with life and 2 res which you can still craft another resistance on for example. Also, don't always try to find the perfect upgrade for your slot, try to balance your equipment, so you can get an overall upgrade, finding the perfect fit for what you need in a slot can get very expensive, while maybe instead of just buying new gloves, buying new boots to go along with your new gloves, might still be alot cheaper.
Buying a combination of items can be alot cheaper and more effective, than just buying that expensive, perfect item to accomodate your current gear.

Also, remember that you have jewel slots, as well as the possibility to use a passive point here and there to maybe just get a few resistance points or enough intelligence for your gems,etc. Not every stat has to be on the equip you're wearing.

I hope you can grasp what I mean, if you still have problems finding upgrades, I could make a short example vid or something, if you'd like that. There are probably some good shopping tutorials out there already, maybe one of those can be of help to you too.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 28, 2017, 10:38:12 PM
So, today I did two more Uber Atziri runs, both successfull, both not deathless, both were deathless up until Atziri herself and on both I only died to the normal flameblast, which is just kind of shit to dodge, because you just don't have enough time to get out of it, when you're in the middle of a cyclone.

That said, I would've probably only died once on the second run if it wasn't for a lagspike (first death), which made me cyclone straight through a clone, instead of staying on top of it(thus not dealing enough damage and getting my ass flameblasted).
Aswell as the flameblast clone being a c-word and for some reason delaying the flameblast for whatever reason at the start of one of the clone phases, so it hit me, after I jumped on my target. (it's supposed to cast FB on you at the start of the phase, so you can bait it somewhere, before you engage the clone you want to kill -> watch the video to see what I mean)

The two vaals were no problem as they died together perfectly timed on both runs and the trio was no problem either. The only problem I have so far on Uber Atziri is dodging the normal flameblast, if I'm in the middle of a cyclone, because it's too fast to get out of and straight up 1 shots me. Maybe I'm also just bad at it and need to always bait flameblast somewhere before engaging, I'll try to get it down a bit better, it just costs a shit ton of currency to do runs, so until I get lucky with a big drop, it takes some time to get the currency for the runs.

Anyway, long story short, here is the video of the full second run (to save time on the video I did most of the trash later , which is no problem either, btw.) :

https://youtu.be/4NgSy2XVszI

PS: I also uploaded a new Hydra Video and removed the old one, since there was an audio issue, I didn't notice when I uploaded it.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 29, 2017, 3:18:39 PM
Ok thats my fault I was under the impression that I needed to be at 169 to just cap resits I'm starting from scratch with rares with intent of getting at least t2 life on each piece and hit 165 with minimum of 133 as well as + ele damage on both rings and belt

Also I take you guys are spamming your utility flasks constantly?

how important is armor is there a number I should be aiming for?
Last edited by EvanEyolf on Jan 29, 2017, 4:26:49 PM
Yeah my Ruby/Bastalt/Quicksilver are up any time I am near monsters. 100% uptime basically. I get armour on pieces if I can, but I don't really prioritize it. I think it is your least-important defensive stat. Focus on life and getting your resists capped. I only have 3.2k armour and I feel that's enough for all content.
If you have the currency, a Dying Sun flask is amazing with this build.
Trying to figure out where I need to improve my build. I know I'm overcaped (recently found that out), but not really sure what to do. Anyone lend a hand? I respecd' just the other day to berserker, previously marauder.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cyberphine/characters

And how does everyone's cyclone say like 100k, mine says 31k when I look at it when I press C.
Last edited by cyberphine on Jan 30, 2017, 11:47:53 PM
"
cyberphine wrote:
Trying to figure out where I need to improve my build. I know I'm overcaped (recently found that out), but not really sure what to do. Anyone lend a hand? I respecd' just the other day to berserker, previously marauder.

And how does everyone's cyclone say like 100k, mine says 31k when I look at it when I press C.

First of all, get your last 2 Ascendancy points, Aspect of Carnage is a HUGE boost to your damage.

Second, your tree isn't optimal. Get rid of the left side of the templar nodes and put those points into other life nodes. Said this before, those points only give you 20% increased hp, even though you could get 25%.

Also, get rid of Point Blank in the tree and put a Point Blank Support in the Axe, it's not necessarily wrong to have point blank in the tree, but I personally feel it's a waste since you're getting no other nodes around it and are using 5 Points, just for 1 node. Get rid of the versatility node as well, not sure what that is about, if you need Intelligence get the big Int node to the right of Resolute Technique. Put the points you saved towards wrecking ball and executioner for more damage.

Third, your gem setup is suboptimal. You are missing weapon elemental damage in your cyclone setup, which is the biggest damage boost to your cyclone, aside from a concentrated effect gem. Replace added fire damage with it, or replace your fortify gem with it, which obviously lowers your dps as well.

Having fortify in your cyclone is convenient, if you want more dps, you will have to put it somewhere else though.

Finally, there are a couple of spots in your gear, where you are missing out on dps. Mainly: Gloves (Atk Speed and Melee Damage), the rings (atk speed, increased elemental damage with weapons), the belt (weapon elemental damage) and most important your jewels (missing out on alot of damage here and actually missing 1 jewel slot, too)

Most important for now is to get your final ascendancy, though. That alone will already improve your damage drastically.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 31, 2017, 7:24:55 AM
"
cyberphine wrote:

...what Schokoladenonkel said, and:

Remove Atziri's Flask.
The keystone Avatar of Fire (on your amulet) says: Deal no non-fire damage.
So this flask doesn't do anything here.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I'm thinking of trying this in HC, I haven't really played HC before this season. Was going to try champion for the free fortify, what do you think about champion survivability vs berserker or other ascendency's?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info