(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

There's only 3 things you should die to: oneshots, elemental reflect and bleeding stacks you don't notice, because those will kill you in 1-2 seconds after a pack when you're not leeching anymore.
Definitely drop Blood Magic and take out Blood Rage from your setup, because you're basically killing yourself with that. If you notice you die to reflect or bleeding when mapping (happens easily when you play long sessions and aren't as focused after a while, to me at least) try this:

Just keep it up all the time, together with a non freeze Quicksilver for example.

I'd also recommend taking Molten Shell into the CWDT setup, I think alot of people don't realise that Molten Shell deals damage when it activates, combined with Cloaked in savagery and Vaal Pact, this pretty much always instantly refills your hp, this saved my life more times than I can count already on stuns, freezes (if flask is not up) or when I hit a pebble.
"
Harest wrote:
@tainium : Can you give us more details (on what you're dying, etc.) ? I've the opposite feeling personally. Even more since i put the CwDT setup instead of the ancestral warchief. Cloaked in Savagery + Vaal Pact is just OP.

Like @MrBr said, the main issue is to get stopped by a damn obstacle atm. Some maps are reaaalllyy annoying for this.

In case it's on bosses, you can try to put a stibnite flask in your setup maybe. But as long as you attack, you shouldn't die so the flask will not help for this. It just helps to avoid taking too much hits.

Sure, here's my current setup. I changed it around since my last post to be more defensive. DPS is good. I die suddenly for unknown reasons and from boss one-shots. At least once from what seemed to be a DOT I noticed too late.

My tree has temporary INT and DEX nodes as I try get my Defense fixed before committing to gear changes. I dropped Vaal Pact for now because I was dying even when VP wasn't a factor so I need to get that fixed before traveling all the way over there on the tree.

Since the DPS is so good with this build (mine is good even with janky gems), I'm considering going to Chieftain.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 18, 2017, 7:31:05 PM
"
tainium wrote:

Since the DPS is so good with this build (mine is good even with janky gems), I'm considering going to Chieftain.

Not only would you drop some serious DPS, you'd also die more.

Going from Berserker with VP to Chieftain with Regen etc doesn't help at all with survivability (edit: just checked, you don't have VP, then it doesn't really matter, but I'd still stick to Berserker and aim for VP).

My berserker sponges his HP back up immediatly whenever he is hit by something brutal. He still dies sometimes, but that's mostly in me.
My chieftain dies a lot. At least ten times more often. And he dies to stuff simply overwhelming him, outdamaging his sweet regen.

And on top of to this, the berserker avoids only two map mods: no leech, ele reflect.
The chieftain adds two more map mods to this list: less and no regen, both with pack size attached to them.

I don't see anything the Chieftain does better.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 19, 2017, 6:35:14 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I don't see anything the Chieftain does better.
I recognize you from the other Chieftain thread that I follow.

I don't see either build in your character list. Where can I find your setup and tree?
"
tainium wrote:

I don't see either build in your character list. Where can I find your setup and tree?

My Berserker is naked atm, because I use his items on the chieftain.

Berserker skilltree
(all jewels: life + axe attack speed + minor stat)
8500 life, ~100k Cyclone, ~8k projectiles unbuffed with 5L in Ngamahu:
Cyclone, melee phys, WED, added fire, elemental focus, 6S: GMP.
Auras: Blasphemy Flammability, HoA, Arctic Armour.
Spoiler

Ignore the gems in those.

Chieftain tree (remove mace nodes, add axe nodes at the left, respecced into Infernal Blow one punch nonsense fun build atm). I abandoned the Ngamahu playstyle at around lvl73 because I was underwhelmed by chieftain's performance.
Now fooling around with him a bit, then I'll probably return to my berserker, or do something else.

Feel like I'm wasting way too many points on Endurance charges that do nothing compared to the survivability VP adds, also annoying having to sustain them via EC.
And I went BM to sustain Cyclone because of no mana leech (Berserker has it for free)... and the damage was lower, ofc.
Even worse with BM gem, I'd drop even more damage, or I'd need to drop Kaom's and put cyclone in a BotB (minus 1500 life).

Overall, my complain is not that chieftain is bad, it's more that VP is stupidly broken.
Once you start rolling heavy map mods and open breaches in there, his sustain is nothing compared to Berserker's.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 19, 2017, 7:45:00 AM
@tainium : Okay well @Peterlerock found your problem : You don't have Vaal Pact. Taking Cloaked in Savagery without Vaal Pact is just... nonsense ? Why did you do that ?
It's our main survivability mechanic. You can play without it but if you do a Berserker, it's just an obvious choice imo.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 19, 2017, 2:35:22 PM
"
Harest wrote:

"
Peterlerock wrote:

@Peterlerock Thanks for all of that helpful info. I like how you maximize your tree travel for VP by going further for some more useful nodes in that area. I really feel like we need another layer or two of Defense than just Life. You use Arctic Armour but that gem says that it doesn't work if you're moving. We're always moving (unlike Archers) and Cyclone is a Movement spell. How about Enfeeble instead? I'm also thinking that a Lvl 20 CWDT+ImmCall+MoltenShell setup might be in order. Or maybe adding Grace/Determination to the Aura setup.

@Harest & Peterlerock I understand that VP is good, especially for reflect. But why is taking Cloaked in Savagery without VP so bad? I mean, you still get tons of leech. Just not instantly.
"
tainium wrote:
@Harest & Peterlerock I understand that VP is good, especially for reflect. But why is taking Cloaked in Savagery without VP so bad? I mean, you still get tons of leech. Just not instantly.

Because the harder maps and especially bosses will deal so much damage in quick succession that your hp have no time to refill. Vaal Pact refills your hp instantly so you can keep tanking big hits on your full hp pool. The damage in this game gets way too high to tank with normal means at some point, so you need a way to sustain while getting hit in the face for everything from 3-7k damage in rapid succession and that's what Cloaked in Savagery together with Vaal Pact delivers. It's pretty much not just recommended for doing the hardest content on this build, it's mandatory.

I'm looking to do shaper and Uber Atziri soon, btw. All Guardians and T15 Bosses (except for Abyss->no reason, just didn't get around to it yet), including twinned Core are down and I think my dps is good enough to do shaper and Uber, I'd still like to get better gloves, 1 better ring and maybe switch 1 Jewel, but overall it should be fine.

I am starting to worry about sustaining my mana, though. Playing on a 6 link with a fair amount of attack speed is starting to get very noticeable. DPS for Cyclone is at 189k with Conc Effect and HoA, Molten Burst at 17,5k.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 19, 2017, 8:09:28 PM
Still dying too much :(

Using Peter's tree with VP. Enfeeble and CWDT+ImmCall+Molten. I die while stationary, while spinning, at bosses and at mobs. Almost always an instant death that I can't do anything about.

What kind of defensive stats do you guys have? Armor, evasion, dodge, block? I want to fix this problem because I otherwise really like the build, DPS and play style.
@tainium : Technically, you should see why you die. Earlier you said you had a dot and noticed too late. Bleed stacks are something you should constantely be aware of considering we're always moving while we attack. If you've a powerful bleed on you, you can die in a second without removing it with a flask.

Regarding "why is taking Cloaked in Savagery without VP so bad? I mean, you still get tons of leech. Just not instantly.", having a leech equal to your damages and not using it is a waste imo. You could get your max hp back instantly but instead you're just getting up to 20% max hp/s without VP. It removes a lot of what makes this ascendancy node powerful atm. And it's not like you've a monstruous regen to save. The regen is way weaker (6% hp/s in your actual tree) than instant leech provided by VP especially in our case (Savage hit taken ? 100% hp/hit ; without savage hit on a 100k dps cyclone it's ~ 200 hp/hit, 600 if you've killed recently (multiply by 5 for the amount per second)).
Last edited by Harest on Jan 20, 2017, 12:57:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info