(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

Since Molten Burst is mainly for single target boost, i think that's why fire penetration is used instead of elemental focus so the damages are not lowered down due to boss resistances. But i didn't calculate all of this. Maybe Elemental Focus is indeed better since we already have penetration from items and tree*.
In any case, our damages are already quite good whatsoever so it's not that important.
In my Cyclone 6l i'm using elemental focus too.

About the resists, i assume you're rerolling elemental weakness maps then.

*Simplified calc :
Spoiler

Context : Just with the 30% pen from axe + amulet, which is equal to what a boss has i think by default (30% resistances in each element, example). I'm multiplying this with just two 50% more damages gems.
  • Elemental focus multi : 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.49 * (0.7+0.3) = 3.3525
  • Fire pen multi : 1.5 * 1.5 * (0.7+0.3+0.37) = 3.0825

Guardians & the Shaper have 40% all elem res so the difference between ele focus and fire pen w/ our example would pass from 0.27 above to ~0.16.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 16, 2017, 6:39:06 PM
"
Harest wrote:
Since Molten Burst is mainly for single target boost, i think that's why fire penetration is used instead of elemental focus so the damages are not lowered down due to boss resistances. But i didn't calculate all of this. Maybe Elemental Focus is indeed better since we already have penetration from items and tree*.
In any case, our damages are already quite good whatsoever so it's not that important.
In my Cyclone 6l i'm using elemental focus too.

So if you run flammability plus the pen from equips and tree, elemental focus should be better than fire pen on axe?
Fire Pen also has 10% increased Fire Damage though, which I don't see in your calculation.
Elemental focus has 10% inc ele dmg. And increased damages are mostly negligible here. And it was "simplified" calc as stated.
@Draconianpr : I think so, yes. And even without flammability it seems. But it's probably not that huge anyway. I guess with Path of Building (a freeware) for instance we could get an accurate answer to this. Or anyone that care to calculate it.
I'm not in that kind of min-maxing for now personally.
Btw, i'm no longer switching enfeeble / flammability. Since damages are really good overall, i'm just always keeping enfeeble.
"
Harest wrote:
Elemental focus has 10% inc ele dmg. And increased damages are mostly negligible here.

No it doesn't, you're thinking of Weapon Elemental Damage. The damage in this game gets so hard to calculate at some point, that I kinda gave up on this one. I tried to test it, but couldn't get the right combination with the 2 blue slots so far after a couple hundred chromes, maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and can check it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 16, 2017, 9:18:27 PM
I'm not thinking of Weapon Elemental Damage. The way damages work leads to the fact 10% increased damages is more or less nothing here. Because we've already a lot of +% increased damages and that increased are only additive contrary to the +% more damages which are multiplicative.
A good video explaining the difference between increased and more.
That's why any support gem with +% less damages are not much liked. It hurts a lot the damages. For instance if i take the simplified calc i did above with a context where by default we wouldn't have any penetration, it would give us this (fire pen being better) :
  • Elemental focus multi : 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.49 * (0.7+0.3) = 2.34675
  • Fire pen multi : 1.5 * 1.5 * (0.7+0.3+0.37) = 2.4075

Edit @Below : Okay. Yep, a lot of stuff to take into account for sure.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 17, 2017, 2:45:39 AM
When I say the damage is way too hard to calculate I mean actually calculating the damage taking into consideration all the modifiers, nodes, etc. etc. which just gets absurd, not the way damage is calculated in general.

You are right though, my Elemental Focus wasn't upgraded to 20% yet, that's where the increased damage comes from.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 16, 2017, 11:20:56 PM
Trying this out. Setup is like in OP. 7K life yet I'm quite squishy and die often. Am I missing some key defensive mechanic? 3.5K armor, 2.3k evasion. Using the BM+Pact tree. Overcapped res.
Last edited by tainium on Jan 17, 2017, 9:27:52 PM
"
tainium wrote:
Trying this out. Setup is like in OP. 7K life yet I'm quite squishy and die often. Am I missing some key defensive mechanic? 3.5K armor, 2.3k evasion. Using the BM+Pact tree. Overcapped res.

Try dropping BM. I only run VP. My life is obvious less then, just over 6k with 5k armour. As long as you're hitting stuff I won't die unless it's to big oneshots (for example the balls in the Hydra fight).

It's unforgiving though if you get stuck on something with cyclone and don't attack, but on those situations I would die without VP.

For me at least running just VP makes me feel OP and my gamesense and dodge skills are horrible.
@tainium : Can you give us more details (on what you're dying, etc.) ? I've the opposite feeling personally. Even more since i put the CwDT setup instead of the ancestral warchief. Cloaked in Savagery + Vaal Pact is just OP.

Like @MrBr said, the main issue is to get stopped by a damn obstacle atm. Some maps are reaaalllyy annoying for this.

In case it's on bosses, you can try to put a stibnite flask in your setup maybe. But as long as you attack, you shouldn't die so the flask will not help for this. It just helps to avoid taking too much hits.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 18, 2017, 8:45:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info