[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

"
genida wrote:
Been walking through most T15's for a while and tried Guardians for the first time.

Absolutely destroyed, at every aspect, turn and facet of the fight. Completely one shot by the invisible Chimera. I suppose 5k ES and 2.5k Life is a bit on the low side...

Otherwise a pretty fun build. Golems are stupid though. "More aggressive" my ass.

I'm also wrecked regularly by bleed and burn. At least I think it's bleed and burn. Despite running bleeed, burn, freeze and poison flasks, I die in basically a second or two.

Definitely not the greatest player out there, but yaaay... squishy.

Not sure what to tell you man. Bleed and degens are non issues in my case. Golems are definitely more aggressive if you're also aggressive. That means walking through packs rapidly with phase flask on and minion speed jewelry. Trust me, they keep up.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Hi,

I have a question,

"
Overall the tree is fairly simple. Life, ES, extra curse, curse effect, minion damage. Unfortunately spell damage, ele damage and fire damage do not affect golems unless directly linked to them with gems.

Since all the gems are in the body armor if I use an Infernal Mantle with

+1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
(25 to 35)% increased Fire Damage
100% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
(190 to 230)% increased Energy Shield
15% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage

the flame Golems are going to make 25-35% more damage and 15% of fire damage is going to be converted in Chaos?

Or I'm totally wrong?
"
Dark_Frozen wrote:
Hi,

I have a question,

"
Overall the tree is fairly simple. Life, ES, extra curse, curse effect, minion damage. Unfortunately spell damage, ele damage and fire damage do not affect golems unless directly linked to them with gems.

Since all the gems are in the body armor if I use an Infernal Mantle with

+1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
(25 to 35)% increased Fire Damage
100% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
(190 to 230)% increased Energy Shield
15% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage

the flame Golems are going to make 25-35% more damage and 15% of fire damage is going to be converted in Chaos?

Or I'm totally wrong?

Totally wrong.

The wording would have to be "socketed gems have X effect"

If you use infernal mantle, all you're gaining is +1 to fire gems.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Quick question, if you recast your golems, when they "die" they don't cause the chaos degen from beacon of corruption? or they need to be killed by mobs
Last edited by traceFFFF on Jan 11, 2017, 1:29:41 AM
"
genida wrote:
Been walking through most T15's for a while and tried Guardians for the first time.

Absolutely destroyed, at every aspect, turn and facet of the fight. Completely one shot by the invisible Chimera. I suppose 5k ES and 2.5k Life is a bit on the low side...

Otherwise a pretty fun build. Golems are stupid though. "More aggressive" my ass.

I'm also wrecked regularly by bleed and burn. At least I think it's bleed and burn. Despite running bleeed, burn, freeze and poison flasks, I die in basically a second or two.

Definitely not the greatest player out there, but yaaay... squishy.

I seem to get to the same conclusion now, after dumping over 20 exalts on this build. Quite upsetting really.
Did normal Atziri today, got oned shotted with 4k hp 3.7k es. Lied there while my golems finishing her off.
I guess this is some redeeming quality of the build, that you keep fighting even after youre already dead.
"
MistrPow wrote:
"
Indraugnir wrote:
"
MistrPow wrote:
I have a question regarding something alot of people Talked about, but it always was dismissed very quickly:

Instead of running 5 Flame Golems why not run 4 with 1 other Golem (i think Chaos is our best bet).
If my Math is correct we would loose 1/5 of our Dmg output. However with 6 Primordial Harmonies each giving 17% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned.
6*0.17=1.02=102% increased Golem Damage for our Flame Golems.

So we loose one Flame Golem but the other 4 double there damage.

Maybe my math is just wrong and i am stupid. But isnt this something worth to consider?

I hope someone can check my math and actually tell me if i am wrong and where i am wrong.

This was discussed already in the previous pages, i imagine you could find an answer there.

I have been following this guide since it was created and i havent heared a good answer as to why this isnt effective.

The only answer i found is that the other golem AIs are bad. However in my calculation the other Golem isnt even doing dmg. so even if he is just standing around doing nothing. the other 4 Flame Golems would still do more damage than 5 good AI Flame Golems.

So again. Did i make a mistake in my calculation or did I miss something.

I'm also curious about this.

I've been considering a Lightning golem with cull+inc rarity.

The build is fun. Currently level 83 with a tabula. I only seem to die to poison or heavy increased damage+inc crit type mods on maps because I maintain my fast run through play style.

no, you are right. 4+1 golems is better than 5 golems, dmg wise.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Lupomage wrote:
What is the finished tree at lvl (100)? Im curious to know the path that it will take or what to pick next

More life and ES, that's all.

Is it possible/recommended to head for more socket nodes ?
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
no, you are right. 4+1 golems is better than 5 golems, dmg wise.

4 flame golem 1 chaos golem ( spe single target ) 1 lighning golem ( cull/blind boy ) is nuts.
IGN TylordRampage
@People getting 1 shotted; wtf are you doing lol? Are you rolling all damage mods on a high tier map and standing in the most obvious stuff with no flasks up expecting to tank it?

I don't understand. Like, in what world does 8-11k EHP get 1 shotted by something that isn't completely obvious? At that point it's player mistake, I'd say. Just look at all the popular streamers with their HC rips. They know they've made a mistake (when it's not some bullshit lag death).

And the worst part is you immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be the build lol

I did 1-92 with essentially no deaths other than my pathetic attempts at learning the shaper fight and the first few guardian runs while the build wasn't even finished developing. And that's coming from a softcore player at heart who just plays overly aggressive. This build was a breeze to level and I'm now reliably doing guardians and shaper (save for stupid player mistakes from time to time).

/rant

@Multi golem type question; With enough harmonies, you can run 4/1 I think. Haven't tested it myself.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 11, 2017, 4:28:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info