[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
falagar112 wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:
well i play with 1 red-5 blue so i can put contr.destruction on.. so if i put out contr.destr. out for cold to fire based on your experience i ll loose around 700 dps with a 50int ring., correct?

I know it looks blue - but cold to fire is actually a red support gem ;)

But to answer that question assuming you want to recolor - yes, that sounds about right.

If you have 5B1R staff I would use SR+CwC+EF+CD+CE+CtF grab a +1 curse neck and run enfeeble+warlords mark+ele weakness+flammability. That is quite a lot more dps as my setup linked above without controlled destruction - so the leech requirement should be even easier and you'd gain -89% resistance without fire pen.

--

Halls has one shot potentional all over the place, and I ran like 3 to meet mull_gubben - it's super safe to run without life leech gem - so with your setup + controlled destruction, should be even easier :)

well i've also tried for sometime running without warlord's mark and having only LL support..

i did all the guardians that way allmost deathless i think.. SW+CwC have so low mana cost that with my previous tree i could run it constanly.. in your tree we have dropped deep thoughts so i run out of mana after 4-5 sec.. not good for guardians, so i switched back to warlord's mark for:

1. mana cost for more than 5 sec
2. my cwdt lvl20+molten shell lvl20+firestorm lvl20+contr.destr. ultimate auto leech setup

but if i gain 1 more point(shaper keystone, 40% mana regen) i can drop warlord's mark for 1 offensive curse and use only LL for both CWDT and whispering ice.

P.S.
i just bought an allmost perfect BSC for 1c! (thanks poe.trade live search!!)

so that makes it easier for me to try it ( i had dext.& str problems with my previous) without astramentis using this instead

Last edited by stred_ on Feb 14, 2017, 1:10:10 PM
"
stred_ wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:
well i play with 1 red-5 blue so i can put contr.destruction on.. so if i put out contr.destr. out for cold to fire based on your experience i ll loose around 700 dps with a 50int ring., correct?

I know it looks blue - but cold to fire is actually a red support gem ;)

But to answer that question assuming you want to recolor - yes, that sounds about right.

If you have 5B1R staff I would use SR+CwC+EF+CD+CE+CtF grab a +1 curse neck and run enfeeble+warlords mark+ele weakness+flammability. That is quite a lot more dps as my setup linked above without controlled destruction - so the leech requirement should be even easier and you'd gain -89% resistance without fire pen.

--

Halls has one shot potentional all over the place, and I ran like 3 to meet mull_gubben - it's super safe to run without life leech gem - so with your setup + controlled destruction, should be even easier :)

well i've also tried for sometime running without warlord's mark and having only LL support..

i did all the guardians that way allmost deathless i think.. SW+CwC have so low mana cost that with my previous tree i could run it constanly.. in your tree we have dropped deep thoughts so i run out of mana after 4-5 sec.. not good for guardians, so i switched back to warlord's mark for:

1. mana cost for more than 5 sec
2. my cwdt lvl20+molten shell lvl20+firestorm lvl20+contr.destr. ultimate auto leech setup

but if i gain 1 more point(shaper keystone, 40% mana regen) i can drop warlord's mark for 1 offensive curse and use only LL for both CWDT and whispering ice.

P.S.
i just bought an allmost perfect BSC for 1c! (thanks poe.trade live search!!)

so that makes it easier for me to try it ( i had dext.& str problems with my previous) without astramentis using this instead

Funny, I bought 3 different BSC (enchants.....) then I had a 15/6/15 one drop on the ground that fixed my stat issues too :D

You have mana issues? :O
I've been running
since forever - so I can run no regen maps without taking a mana pot :P

got like 280 unreserved that way :)

But you are right, you shouldn't drop warlord's mark, because mana leech - but also because it's quite good at stunning during map clears. LL gem does not do anything but give the 2% life leech, its the first one to go out. See it like comparing 2% mana leech + stuns with -6% resistance (the difference between fire penetration gem and flammability/ele weakness). It's such a minor thing that it's not worth the hassle with mana.

But if you get
enchant, that is enough to drop warlord's mark if you really want to (I tested - positive mana income)
ok switched to avatar of fire for testing purpose..

controlled destruction lvl19 = 8580 dps

cold to fire lvl14 = 7350 dps

so when cold to fire goes to 20/20 the difference will be around our calculations..

another try is to drop CwC that gains 2 slots for faster casting or spell echo and fire pen/or LL

i now try this setup:

ele focus+cold to fire+faster castin+fire pen+contr.destr.+conc.effect

"
stred_ wrote:

so when cold to fire goes to 20/20 the difference will be around our calculations..

another try is to drop CwC that gains 2 slots for faster casting or spell echo and fire pen/or LL

i now try this setup:

My build can do that yes - and have tried this quite a while ago.

You need to use enlighten to free up the mana, and you can swap out CwC and use spell echo.

I decided against it because it's clunkiness - spell echo animation needs to fire before you can move. It's hard to explain without you trying it out yourself.

That said, its better dps, just more annoying to play!

edit: if you use faster casting instead of spell echo like you - it might be not as annoying clear speed wise - but I am not sure it will beat the damage mod on CwC gem, nor be enough to get it down to same .35s icestorm proc

also it is harder (mana) to precast 14 stacks of icestorm before engaging boss

Last edited by falagar112 on Feb 14, 2017, 1:51:50 PM
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:

i now try this setup:

You need to use enlighten to free up the mana, and you can swap out CwC and use spell echo.

I decided against it because it's clunkiness - spell echo animation needs to fire before you can move. It's hard to explain without you trying it out yourself.

edit: if you use faster casting instead of spell echo like you - it might be not as annoying clear speed wise - but I am not sure it will beat the damage mod on CwC gem, nor be enough to get it down to same .35s icestorm proc

well tried it, faster casting isnt practical, you need spell echo.. the good is that u can fire 1 at a pack of monsters and then u just leap slam to the next pack, tha bad is the less dmg mod vs more of CwC.

regading mana, if u dont want to drop arctic armour you are right enlighten is your only option.. and have to drop my CWDT lvl20 setup :(

"
stred_ wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:

i now try this setup:

well tried it, faster casting isnt practical, you need spell echo.. the good is that u can fire 1 at a pack of monsters and then u just leap slam to the next pack, tha bad is the less dmg mod vs more of CwC.

regading mana, if u dont want to drop arctic armour you are right enlighten is your only option.. and have to drop my CWDT lvl20 setup :(

Haha yes, that is why even though tooltip is better - it's not worth the swap imo. Play becomes clunky just for some higher numbers!

Would still try to get a 6L chest to run 4 curse setup I wrote earlier, and until then just pay the chromatic price to run it like this:

And maybe run some labs for the leech enchant, its really nice for us and boot enchant is pretty easy to farm (think its 1:16?) with twice enchanted prophecy.

Last edited by falagar112 on Feb 14, 2017, 2:44:30 PM
Wanna try this next league but I assume this isn't a very good day 1 league starter build? Seems like it runs a fair number of uniques that might be difficult/expensive to get in the first few days.
"
Astrohawke wrote:
Wanna try this next league but I assume this isn't a very good day 1 league starter build? Seems like it runs a fair number of uniques that might be difficult/expensive to get in the first few days.

The only 2 mandatory uniques are the whispering ice and a pyre. And you can work around not having a pyre. So it really isn't all that bad!

However if next league there is another meta INT build, then it's not the best idea. Decent INT+ES gear is kinda expensive.
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
Astrohawke wrote:

The only 2 mandatory uniques are the whispering ice and a pyre. And you can work around not having a pyre. So it really isn't all that bad!

However if next league there is another meta INT build, then it's not the best idea. Decent INT+ES gear is kinda expensive.

HoWa will probably still be meta in 2.6 since it's unlikely to be nerfed until 3.0. "mandatory" unique is basically just the staff because you need it to use the skill but I really don't think this build is gonna be too good with just the staff and garbage ES gear.
Last edited by Astrohawke on Feb 15, 2017, 8:34:41 PM
"
Astrohawke wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
Astrohawke wrote:

HoWa will probably still be meta in 2.6 since it's unlikely to be nerfed until 3.0. "mandatory" unique is basically just the staff because you need it to use the skill but I really don't think this build is gonna be too good with just the staff and garbage ES gear.

I leveled with the staff and garbage ES gear just fine, ended up in merciless dried lake with 900 hp and 1.5k ES or so, instakilling all bosses along the way!

It's quite amazing for leveling honestly - but once you want to transition into endgame, you will need those juicy int es items :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info