[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

Yeah leveling with WI is actually insane. Going CI at level 30 something, and then just leech tanking through everything is a breeze.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Yeah leveling with WI is actually insane. Going CI at level 30 something, and then just leech tanking through everything is a breeze.

Yeah exactly, I might not end up playing the same build next league, but if I can get my hands on a staff early, I will totally rush to merciless dried lake with it & just respec afterwards - it has been one of the more enjoyable leveling experiences, and one of the very few that can actually get away with taking CI very early on.
I have one question, since im using elemental focus does burning damage work?
What exactly is this build using to activate "Mastermind of Discord"? I figured it had to be the "Cast when damage taken" ball lightning but according to the wiki "Mastermind of Discord" doesn't activate through triggered spells.
"
linnalinna wrote:
What exactly is this build using to activate "Mastermind of Discord"? I figured it had to be the "Cast when damage taken" ball lightning but according to the wiki "Mastermind of Discord" doesn't activate through triggered spells.

When u face t16 bosses that need this extra dmg and u need the extra purity (fire for phoenix, cold for hydra-shaper etc) u trigger your curses not with CWDT+blasphemy but with orb of storms.

for other bosses the damage is more than enough.

another option Would be to use lighting Warp for movement skill i guess instead of flame dash or leap slam.. (to be viable this need lighting - reduced duration - faster casting).
Last edited by stred_ on Feb 19, 2017, 3:05:48 AM
nvm :)
Last edited by Kurnis on Feb 19, 2017, 8:37:43 PM
can someone explain to me wether Spell damage or fire/cold damage is better for jewels.
I hope i did not buy the wrong jewels ;O

"
Get jewels with
Int > Spell Damage/spell damage while wielding a staff/fire damage > damage > cold damage > str/dex > cast speed

is that quote still correct with my setup(avatar of fire + cold to fire support) ?

im sorry, im relatively new to this game
greetings
"
stred_ wrote:

another option Would be to use lighting Warp for movement skill i guess instead of flame dash or leap slam.. (to be viable this need lighting - reduced duration - faster casting).

ok i am testing lighting Warp as movement skill the last days.. conclusions:

PROS:

1. permanently 25% fire pen.. essentially a free support gem

2. arctic armour and bleed protection all time, u dont walk u are protected.. simple

3. no distance limitation, u warp across the screen

4. better sound imho from leap slam

5. much more stylish from leap slam, you are a witch, that means spels no leaping like a frog!! lolz

6.. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
..far more enjoyable mapping experiance: i am using the setup, right click-> S.ray and W--> lighting warp

i am keeping all the time pressed my right click and i press W for the warp, i see a pack i press W, the s.ray is precasting itself before the warp, i teleport, the icestorm happens, i press again w for the next pack, icestorm happens again, i press again w, etc etc.. i suggest all to try it, very faster way of map clearing cause it casts icestorm allmost without lag.

CONS:

1. still even with reduced duration-faster casting support it is not life saver fast.. the best way is to have a 4 link-> lighting warp-reduced duration-faster casting-flame dash.. in this setup flame dash is amazingly fast

2. need minimum a 2 link (reduced duration)

3. more mana costly, warlord's mark mandatory if u dont have mana regen equip-passive points

4.no fortify that you can have with leap slam

5. needs leveled gems with quality to show its potential..
Last edited by stred_ on Feb 22, 2017, 5:00:12 PM
"
stred_ wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:
1. still even with reduced duration-faster casting support it is not life saver fast.. the best way is to have a 4 link-> lighting warp-reduced duration-faster casting-flame dash.. in this setup flame dash is amazingly fast

If you're devoting a four link to it anyway I'd be interested to know how much better it gets if you put rapid decay with it along with reduced duration. I didn't really think using in this build would be practical because of the 45% increased skill effect duration from the tree; it would be nice if it could be viable as I'm not a huge fan of using Leap Slam in a spell casting build for the same reason as you, and Flame Dash gets really annoying with the cooldown.
"
Dycedarg1219 wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:
"
stred_ wrote:

If you're devoting a four link to it anyway I'd be interested to know how much better it gets if you put rapid decay with it along with reduced duration. I didn't really think using in this build would be practical because of the 45% increased skill effect duration from the tree; it would be nice if it could be viable as I'm not a huge fan of using Leap Slam in a spell casting build for the same reason as you, and Flame Dash gets really annoying with the cooldown.

I have tried a level 15 rapid decay, no quality, no major difference, flame dash is the answer to tricky situations, but the major sell point of lightning warp is the most enjoyable no delays casting of ice storm, if you don't try It you can't understand how much better playstyle it brings(with leveled quality support gems)..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info