[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

Spoiler

Hi there, thanks for the guide! Doing great so far up to lvl 80. I am going for unwavering stance to see how it feels (I'll spec out of practical application when i get there).

One thing I can't seem to figure out is my avg dmg compared to yours at lvl 72. Mines at 3.8k now with 1.18k int/ conc / both golems, compared to yours at 4.3k down 8 lvls.

You didn't have the flame golem enchant back then so it isn't that. Would appreciate any thoughts.

As an aside, for mastermind of discord cwdt lightning spells don't proc it? Might need some confirmation on this.
"
Saferal wrote:
Spoiler

Hi there, thanks for the guide! Doing great so far up to lvl 80. I am going for unwavering stance to see how it feels (I'll spec out of practical application when i get there).

One thing I can't seem to figure out is my avg dmg compared to yours at lvl 72. Mines at 3.8k now with 1.18k int/ conc / both golems, compared to yours at 4.3k down 8 lvls.

You didn't have the flame golem enchant back then so it isn't that. Would appreciate any thoughts.

As an aside, for mastermind of discord cwdt lightning spells don't proc it? Might need some confirmation on this.

If you are going for unwavering you might be missing out on some of the % I had instead as level 72.
I can't remember if the 4.3 k was with or without pendulum, that might be the case also.

Mastermind of discord does not proc with cwdt, only self cast. Which is why people with mastermind usually play with self cast orb of storms to proc it.
"
TmH wrote:
First of all, thanks for the guide!
I was curious as to why you don't pick up blast radius and amplify? It would add 20% radius and 50% area damage for a 5 point investment. Is it because these nodes don't scale scorching ray?

No problem!
I dont pick the increased aoe due to the fact that increases in aoe reduces our single target damage, and our aoe clear is good enough as it is in my opinion.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have no idea then how you got to 7.7k at 72, with flasks + pendulum I get 5.6k. Your scorching ray has 5.5k dmg too while mine is 3.3k. Maybe its the heart of flame cluster? I'll keep trying to puzzle it out.

Anyway, thanks again for the awesome build!
IF I'm not mistaken I got a sudden increase in dps when taking the Shaper of Desolation note - I was lagging behind as damage output W. R. T the creator of this build like you.
I'm thibking to go for lightning warp instead of flame dash in order to proc the 25% reduction - I don't love the limited flame dash range, maybe is better to get used to lightning warp lag :D
"
engharat wrote:
IF I'm not mistaken I got a sudden increase in dps when taking the Shaper of Desolation note - I was lagging behind as damage output W. R. T the creator of this build like you.
I'm thibking to go for lightning warp instead of flame dash in order to proc the 25% reduction - I don't love the limited flame dash range, maybe is better to get used to lightning warp lag :D

Movement abilities are always individual imo.
I feel like lightning warp lack speed for dodging boss mechanics compared to flame dash.
But since we are using staff, leap slam/fortify is also an option for those who like that.
Last edited by Mathoddie on Dec 15, 2016, 2:24:59 AM
**UPDATE**
Esh boss fight video uploaded
Hey I've been tinkering around with a build similar to this. (I like AoE nodes) I was wondering if you had thought of Cold to fire + avatar of fire in place of pyre. Freeing up that ring slot is pretty nice & cold to fire (especially 20% one) is pretty good. Let me know if you have any ideas on that. Maybe even having a perandus signet instead. (or if you're rich, the taming/ emberwake might be a good combo for single target damage) or maybe valyrium
Last edited by CapnCho on Dec 15, 2016, 2:34:13 AM
"
CapnCho wrote:
Hey I've been tinkering around with a build similar to this. (I like AoE nodes) I was wondering if you had thought of Cold to fire + avatar of fire in place of pyre. Freeing up that ring slot is pretty nice & cold to fire (especially 20% one) is pretty good. Let me know if you have any ideas on that. Maybe even having a perandus signet instead. (or if you're rich, the taming/ emberwake might be a good combo for single target damage) or maybe valyrium

Yea I thought a lot about CtF and AoF but I decided pyre was the easiest option (also because I didn't want to give any of my support gems up for it).

Valyrium : Great ring, especially if you are afraid of stuns, sadly a lot of -resistance. I would pref unwavering over valyrium.

The taming/emberwake : I havn't done the math on this, interesting combo, I will get back to you on that one. This would work great with shaper for the 100 % ignite procs for 6 seconds. You would have to give up pyre and go aof/ctf tho'.

Perandus signet : My build is running very few uniques (I have 2 atm (staff+pyre), definitly not worth it, unless you run astramentis, black sun helmet, perandus belt etc. etc.
Question...obviously this build is really good for boss killing. However, how is it for map clearing and clearspeed? Given that you have to stand still to cast, and I feel like with CE the radius on icestorm is pretty...small.

Any tips/advice/thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info