[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

What auras do you recommend running while leveling? At level 37, I do not have enough mana to run all 3 auras (Warlord's Mark, Artic Armour and Discipline) and to cast Icestorm. I also don't have the mana regen to spam Ice Storm currently.
"
What auras do you recommend running while leveling? At level 37, I do not have enough mana to run all 3 auras (Warlord's Mark, Artic Armour and Discipline) and to cast Icestorm. I also don't have the mana regen to spam Ice Storm currently.

u can slot in a mana leech gem in your staff to sustain mana at lower level.
Hi, I have been trying this build for couple of days. The leveling was smooth by the time you acquire CWC gem. Gearing is fairly easily, the transition from hybrid to CI was rather smooth.Though I would recommend leveling as Life is much better.

I am currently level 79, have downed normal atziri deathless couple of time but yet to do breachlord. Thinking of dual cursing using heretic's veil once i got Whisper of Doom, with Enfeeble and Temp Chain. Not much of a sucker for DPS though. My golems set up are Chaos golem for Phys Damage Reduction and Fire Golem for Increase Damage.

For defense, I have opted not to used Arctic Armor. I am using CWDT + IC + ID + Frost Wall to keep me covered from projectiles. Using Vaal Dicipline and Vaal Lightning Trap for bosses. Damage wise, I am sitting at 3.3k Avg Damage, up to 4.1k once Elemental Overloard proc, without Merci and Uber ascendancy point.
Last edited by ayale on Dec 14, 2016, 4:30:18 AM
Another thing reasoning at ascendancy notes with numbers at hand.
Flame golem+ice golem is giving us 20*2 + 40 + 40 = 120% increased damage right?
I just checked the final numbers:starting from 3096 for iceStorm, summoning the two golems brings me to 3652 for 556 net bonus.
This is equivalent to 17% "more" damage.
Well, if we take the 25% penetration note, we are getting 25% "more" damage.and it Will be always active, as we shoot ball lightning all the time.
And for those boss like Izaro, we can cast an Orb Of Storm (putting it in the gem slot freed from ice golem) .
And we still get 20% damage from normal flame golem, that is 1.5% damage. So actually we are getting 17% damage while we could get 26.5%.
Finally,think that when the boss is not gettingcursed by flammabilityy (it happens sometime) the 25% fire pen is much more "25% more damage".
I think I will get rid of the two golems, and even of flame golem, i'll get 25% more damage instead of 17% and I will use chaos golem for more Phys Reduct - at that point 4% phys red seems to be more appealing.
Last edited by engharat on Dec 14, 2016, 6:11:17 AM
I'm glad I lvled this build it's awesome. Got a question, I'm currently at the end of cruel and using doedres ring for my second curse and all of my resists are overcapped even for merciless. So I'm thinking maybe skip the nodes for the second curse and rather put them in ES which I prefer to have more. i already have energy from within in stash, so maybe use that life/es cluster on the right? what do you think? oh, and why ball lightning? I'd rather self cast Orb of storms and have a total control over my curse, but I guess there is a catch somwhere :) great great build!
Would Astramentis be BiS? Or will a rare amulet be better?
"
Would Astramentis be BiS? Or will a rare amulet be better?

Without math I'd say, that only perfect rare amy with +1 curse corruption can be a decent replacement. But this is from HC player perspective using 3curse.
I don't see any mana reserved reduction in the tree and you run 3 auras (25%, 50% and 35%) How do you manage to run all 3 and still have mana left?

Edit: Nevermind,I didn't see that Disc is 35%, not 50%.
Last edited by sokat on Dec 14, 2016, 2:04:45 PM
"
Dibzahab wrote:
Thanks for the guide! It looks like a lot of fun. I've played a few WI chars and am starting to make some plans for a 2.5 WI run, but I've got a question about your build.

"
Elemental Focus: I chose to remove this gem instead of controlled destruction due to the fact that I am taking the ascendancy Shaper of Desolation.
Shaper of Desolation gives us Freeze, Burn and Shock effects all the time! And shocking is an amazing damage modifier (50 % from all sources + we spec into celestial punishment for even more modifiers.) which is more than elemental focus gives us alone!

"
We can shock that is 50 % MORE damage

I am under the impression that the shocking status effect imparts *increased* damage where elemental focus grants *more* damage. A quick look at the wiki kind of confirms this, but you seem to use the *more* keyword interchangeably with the *increased* keyword. Am I missing something that makes shocking much better than I would otherwise expect?

Thanks,
RB

Dreschau answered this perfectly:

His comment:
Spoiler
"
Dreschau wrote:
Debuffs on enemies act as more multipliers because they are calculated separately than the other increase damage sources. Just like cursing a mob with vulnerability, yes it says increased phys and DoT dmg taken, but since it's a debuff on the target, and not a buff on you, it's a multiplier not an additive increase.
"
Saerah wrote:
this build is fun as hell, huge dps, life leech and AoE, i no longer avoiding breaches but destroying them now lol. the only downside is it kills breaches as well as my fps lol.

anyone here doing T16/shaper/breach lords already? mind to share your results how it fare against end game bosses?

thanks again :D

I have uploaded 1 video with xoph so far, I have cleared Esh and Tul also.
Still need to clear Uul-netol and chayula.
I will upload videos on them later.
Tier 14 maps are currently going like a breeze, I have yet to see a tier 16 map.
Only tier 15 map I have gotten yet is maze, and that went down as smooth as any other map.

Info: all maps I run are full qual, rare and corrupted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info