[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
Mathoddie wrote:
"
bangaroo wrote:
how in the world are you getting 4k+ damage on icestorm at only lvl 72 ???

i'm getting about 2k at 86.... wtf

If you link me your gear/skill tree I might be able to tell you the problem.
Having 2 k at 86 is pretty low compared to what my build should get at that level.
How much int are you currently at?

character pizzatruck https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bangaroo/characters

no idea how to link directly
think i'm sitting at 700 or 800 int... i see you were at 1k with 4k damage.. which is double and only 200-300 more int? that cant be right
Thanks so much for sharing this build, at the start of the league I was just trying build after build and found nothing I really enjoyed and then I found this one and now I am in love with it :) Having a blast playing it.

Looking forward to your Ranger build, will try that one for sure too.

Ok I have a few questions.

I originally started with the tri curse build found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730

But I want to switch to yours. I noticed that you both have pyre but you don't get frost walker and you also get the fire dmg in the snowforged wheel and the other build gets the cold dmg.

Is there a reason you're not picking up cold dmg and the other build is? Or am I missing something? I know pyre converts to fire but I'm not sure how its calculated because it starts out as cold and THEN gets converted. Not really sure what's going on here behind the scenes, if someone could explain I would really appreciate it.

Also you point out that you have more % energy shield than him, but he has 140ish more int than you, but won't that also increase his spell damage way more because of the staff? Keep in mind that's just from the tree, he also runs black sun crest lacquered helmet for another additional 15% int.

You mention this build can shock and his cannot. How so? IIRC he runs orb of storms. How does your build shock?

Did you calculate the extra ES and spell damage from that too? Not trying to crticise, just wondering.

Lastly, do you still get up close to the mobs like his build? Or stay far away?
Last edited by broseidon07 on Dec 13, 2016, 3:01:47 AM
"
broseidon07 wrote:

But I want to switch to yours. I noticed that you both have pyre but you don't get frost walker and you also get the fire dmg in the snowforged wheel and the other build gets the cold dmg.

Is there a reason you're not picking up cold dmg and the other build is? Or am I missing something? I know pyre converts to fire but I'm not sure how its calculated because it starts out as cold and THEN gets converted. Not really sure what's going on here behind the scenes, if someone could explain I would really appreciate it.

Also you point out that you have more % energy shield than him, but he has 140ish more int than you, but won't that also increase his spell damage way more because of the staff? Keep in mind that's just from the tree, he also runs black sun crest lacquered helmet for another additional 15% int.

You mention this build can shock and his cannot. How so? IIRC he runs orb of storms. How does your build shock?

Did you calculate the extra ES and spell damage from that too? Not trying to crticise, just wondering.

We shock with the elemental ascendency talent(shaper of desolution, + some small chances from jewels/tree), the duration of shock is based on how much damage the specefic skill does.
The tri curse, orb of storms will never shock long enough to do something.
We pick fire, because our scorching ray and icestorm both get a damage increase, where as cold would only icrease icestorm (if I'm correct)
I got vaal pact early on (playing on hc), and getting semi close to the mobs is the better choice for the leech.

You can see my profile if you want to keep track of progress.(still fixing gems/links)
I went for a more defensive choice first, in the tree, but in the end it will be the same more or less.
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Dec 13, 2016, 9:07:56 AM
"
bangaroo wrote:
"
Mathoddie wrote:
"
bangaroo wrote:
how in the world are you getting 4k+ damage on icestorm at only lvl 72 ???

i'm getting about 2k at 86.... wtf

If you link me your gear/skill tree I might be able to tell you the problem.
Having 2 k at 86 is pretty low compared to what my build should get at that level.
How much int are you currently at?

character pizzatruck https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bangaroo/characters

no idea how to link directly
think i'm sitting at 700 or 800 int... i see you were at 1k with 4k damage.. which is double and only 200-300 more int? that cant be right

Okay, after looking at your skill tree, I can see you are skipping all of our conversion jewels, and the other jewels (which provides us with a lot of int, and the other jewels that gives us a lot of increased damage), I have made a skill tree going more towards mine here:

Respec Points 25

In my opinion you are taking a lot more ES than needed.
This new tree gives you : +4 jewels - +16 inc damage + 80ish int from str conversion + 30 more int on the dex converter (if you already have it in)/ 60 more in if you didn't have it in, + int in tree.
So :
Gain : 4 jewels (2 convert + 2 damage jewels), 120-150 more int, 16 % increased damage.
Loss : 63 % ES (but you gain 24-32 from the int) so 39-31 % loss in ES

On your gear you currently lack int on : gloves, ring, helmet & belt for damage improvements.

I hope this clear up some things :)
"
broseidon07 wrote:

- If you want a comparison to the tri curse build, you can look in the comments at page 1, as noted in my guide.
- Our build does get frostwalker from the 98 tree and upwards, but we take fire in the wheel since it increases the scorching ray damage also.
The convertion mechanics works as following:
Spoiler

30 % increase fire + 10 % increase in cold + 10 % spell damage + 15 % elemental damage
If we have 50 base cold damage on icestorm we convert 100 % to fire, the increased to both cold, fire, spell damage and elemental damage are there for additive
30+10+10+15 = 65 %
50*1.65 = 82.5 fire damage.
The only reason not to pick up the cold in the note is because scorching ray is not affected.

- We have more ES and his has more int, we have other modifiers. I will redirect you to my guide/page one comment section for answers on this.
- Shock is answered in the guide or by the other commenter ropefly:
Spoiler
"
ropefly wrote:
We shock with the elemental ascendency talent(shaper of desolution, + some small chances from jewels/tree), the duration of shock is based on how much damage the specefic skill does.
The tri curse, orb of storms will never shock long enough to do something.

- I did not calculate the difference between his build and mine, I have only made assumptions since I have played normal WI builds like his a lot in the past. My build was not made to compete with other peoples guides, but rather be an alternative, fun and strong way to modify the normal WI build.
"
alexsc13 wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing this build, at the start of the league I was just trying build after build and found nothing I really enjoyed and then I found this one and now I am in love with it :) Having a blast playing it.

Looking forward to your Ranger build, will try that one for sure too.

Good to hear that you like my build!
I will start on my ranger guide after I hit end game on this build :)
So is it necessary to have the blue gems linked??
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
this build is so much fun, hard hitter for sure :D

Piety on merciless at level 62:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7bO1Pnh1Y
And dom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJNUbfEp6Y

Dinged 63 on my way to kaom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9My00dAoQ

Even piety in belly! (still 63)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxm9MGGmEYU

vids are like 30sec a pop! except dom, he's such a roleplayer :P

Even killed Mala in merciless at 63, but had a few deaths on that one ^^
My recorder failed me on that one tho :(

Last edited by stianfan on Dec 13, 2016, 11:09:24 AM
Hey dude!
I like your build very much and i want to thank you first. I have just switched to SR and have 6.1k ES with Level 69.

A few questions:

1. where do i put the unique jewels in the skilltree (energy from within I know, but the Others?)

2. which stats are the best for jewels and items when you don't need resists anymore? Int, Str, Dex, dmg with elem.weapons, cast speed, fire dmg or what?

Thx again for the build, nice theory behind that, I think I can go kill everything later on. (:

Chupa
Vi Veri Viversum Vivus Vici

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info