[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
Castellani wrote:
Hi Mathoddie,

I switched over to your build from the Tri-Curse WI. So far I've been able to achieve a higher ES base (going from 5k to 7.9k ES with discipline) and my damage has creeped up a bit.

I did however have to forego the Whispers of Doom and Unnatural Calm at my current level in favor of Vaal Pact simply because I felt like I was not leeching enough when going up against tougher mobs.

I am currently level 78. I've posted my tree and gear below for your thoughts and opinion.

A few questions, is Ice Nova in the 5l meant to be used instead of another gem and at what level should that be; what is the basis for it?
Is there any way you would alter/improve my tree while still keeping Vaal Pact? I think VP is necessary with Ghost Reaver. What about Jewel selection?

Thank you very much for your guide, having a lot of fun with SR and CWC.

Hello Castellani!

I am glad you are enjoying my build so far, your items and talent tree is looking very solid.
The only changes I would make to your build is removing the 1 es note in the sion wheel and frost walker to get the templar jewel to start converting those strength notes into intellect.
After that I would use the next 3 levels to get dual curse (whispers of doom) and then take back frost walker at level 82. Other than that you are looking really solid!

Edit: Frost nova is meant to proc on your cwdt just like you ball lightning for clustered mob packs like breaches, strongboxes etc. It does not have to be above level 1
You can check the jewel section in the guide for information about jewels
Last edited by Mathoddie on Dec 13, 2016, 1:06:28 PM
"

This is definitly not true, there are no facts behind these statements.

Edit : did you buy a 6 linked Whispering ice?

OK, builds seems fun, i'm on my way to cruel. Yep i bought it, as i said i had 2 failed characters and that left me A LOT of currency so I can gear myself pretty well since i lost my nerves on crafting :)

This one's gonna be a third spoiled child, gonna buy him everything haha
"
dsimek11 wrote:
"

OK, builds seems fun, i'm on my way to cruel. Yep i bought it, as i said i had 2 failed characters and that left me A LOT of currency so I can gear myself pretty well since i lost my nerves on crafting :)

Just wondering, since this build only requires 3 links in a 6 socket, and not 6 linked.
Applying 6 link to your staff only gives your scorching ray a higher mana cost. :(
"
Mathoddie wrote:
"
dsimek11 wrote:
"

Just wondering, since this build only requires 3 links in a 6 socket, and not 6 linked.
Applying 6 link to your staff only gives your scorching ray a higher mana cost. :(

Oh sorry my bad, not a 6 linked, only 6 socketed :), misread the question.
"
Mathoddie wrote:
"
Castellani wrote:
Hi Mathoddie,

I switched over to your build from the Tri-Curse WI. So far I've been able to achieve a higher ES base (going from 5k to 7.9k ES with discipline) and my damage has creeped up a bit.

I did however have to forego the Whispers of Doom and Unnatural Calm at my current level in favor of Vaal Pact simply because I felt like I was not leeching enough when going up against tougher mobs.

I am currently level 78. I've posted my tree and gear below for your thoughts and opinion.

A few questions, is Ice Nova in the 5l meant to be used instead of another gem and at what level should that be; what is the basis for it?
Is there any way you would alter/improve my tree while still keeping Vaal Pact? I think VP is necessary with Ghost Reaver. What about Jewel selection?

Thank you very much for your guide, having a lot of fun with SR and CWC.

Hello Castellani!

I am glad you are enjoying my build so far, your items and talent tree is looking very solid.
The only changes I would make to your build is removing the 1 es note in the sion wheel and frost walker to get the templar jewel to start converting those strength notes into intellect.
After that I would use the next 3 levels to get dual curse (whispers of doom) and then take back frost walker at level 82. Other than that you are looking really solid!

Edit: Frost nova is meant to proc on your cwdt just like you ball lightning for clustered mob packs like breaches, strongboxes etc. It does not have to be above level 1
You can check the jewel section in the guide for information about jewels

Mathoddie,

Your advice has given me an excellent DPS boost. Those STR nodes have been converted to INT now.
I will work towards the Dual Curse, in the meantime I will link up Nova until I can run a dual curse setup. I will report back then.

Thanks.
"
dsimek11 wrote:

Oh sorry my bad, not a 6 linked, only 6 socketed :), misread the question.

All good! Just glad you didn't waste currency then :D
I hope you enjoy the build
"
Castellani wrote:

Mathoddie,

Your advice has given me an excellent DPS boost. Those STR nodes have been converted to INT now.
I will work towards the Dual Curse, in the meantime I will link up Nova until I can run a dual curse setup. I will report back then.

Thanks.

Glad to hear that I was of some help!
I'll be happy to hear how it goes later on in your build!
Hey Matthodie,

Like many others before me, I'd like to thank you for bringing light to this awesome gem combo!

Personally I've been hybridizing your build with the tri-curse whisperer build.

I'm level 50ish right now on breach,

Got astramentis, 6s 3L whispering ice, pyre, doedre's damning & 1 izaro's turmoil slotted in already.

The build is fantastic, it performs like a monster and it's stupidly fun for me.

My big question though is in regards to golem choices.

Fire is an absolutely obvious must have choice, but I've been reeling on the 2nd golem.

Chaos golem seems nice with it's ~8% physical damage reduction (effectively it's a walking tank that counts for 2 endurance charges)

Ice golem grants us the 40% cold damage boost from liege of the primordial ascendancy (+crit chance which is kind of wasted since the build only needs to crit once every 8 seconds to maintain elemental overload, and +accuracy which is obviously entirely wasted)

I know you build towards ice, but has chaos golem ever crossed your mind?

Also what are your thoughts on Sulphur Flasks?
(Especially the unique one that has increased duration + Zealot's Oath)
Last edited by Bloodytrailz on Dec 13, 2016, 2:24:20 PM
This build can absolutely do Uber Izaro and endgame maps!

I wrecked Uber Izaro easily and I've done most T14-15 maps with nasty mods - including a twinned Abyss last night that was almost a joke. Facetanked the two Kaoms even when they charged me because the DPS was so high that they were both dead very fast and the leech kept my ES up. My one regular Atziri run was funny too...the trio were dead almost instantly and Atziri was very easy. I'm sure Uber Atziri could be done as well, but have not tried.

I definitely recommend a Vaal Discipline if you can fit one in for the end game content...goes well with CWDT+IC+ID combo and it is a nice emergency button in case you get in trouble. It is the closest thing a CI character will ever get to a life potion. Also very handy in the Lab.

I had a Minotaur map drop last night but since I'm almost halfway to Lv 92 so I want to get my next level before running it.

I'll share my results here once I do.

Your days are numbered, buddy. :D
"
Bloodytrailz wrote:
Hey Matthodie,

Like many others before me, I'd like to thank you for bringing light to this awesome gem combo!

Personally I've been hybridizing your build with the tri-curse whisperer build.

I'm level 50ish right now on breach,

Got astramentis, 6s 3L whispering ice, pyre, doedre's damning & 1 izaro's turmoil slotted in already.

The build is fantastic, it performs like a monster and it's stupidly fun for me.

My big question though is in regards to golem choices.

Fire is an absolutely obvious must have choice, but I've been reeling on the 2nd golem.

Chaos golem seems nice with it's ~8% physical damage reduction (effectively it's a walking tank that counts for 2 endurance charges)

Ice golem grants us the 40% cold damage boost from liege of the primordial ascendancy (+crit chance which is kind of wasted since the build only needs to crit once every 8 seconds to maintain elemental overload, and +accuracy which is obviously entirely wasted)

I know you build towards ice, but has chaos golem ever crossed your mind?

Also what are your thoughts on Sulphur Flasks?
(Especially the unique one that has increased duration + Zealot's Oath)

I am glad you enjoy the build and it's awesome you can transfer the both of best builds into one, being innovative is always recommended!
Regarding the golems, a chaos golem is always a wonderful choice to soak up some more physical damage, and if you are playing on hc it's definitly a viable choice.

I am not that big a fan of sulphur flasks (personal preference here), I have been thinking about the unique onslaught flask for stun immunity and curse immunity etc. (kiara's determination)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info