LAB is not fun

I love the labyrinth. I suggest GGG change the game so that we only get 1 ascendancy point per completion, necessitating 8 runs.

More lab please!
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
"
antilev2 wrote:
I love the labyrinth. I suggest GGG change the game so that we only get 1 ascendancy point per completion, necessitating 8 runs.

More lab please!

Your response to making lab optional, which wouldn't affect you at all, is to request that rewards are further gated so you can have 'more' of something that's already infinitely available? Amazing.
While I have hated the labyrinth at the beginning, I've grown to like it quite a bit (talk about stockholm syndrome...).
It is a gear and mechanics check, mostly checking survivability. If you're mechanically skilled enough, izaro is unable to even land a single hit. The Goddess' fire sphere barrage thingy might be a lot harder to dodge, but it can also be mitigated a lot easier.
The arena in the final fight needs you to be aware of your surroundings, which is a skill that you need in pretty much every bigger fight or stressful situation in the game, espacially once you are in the endgame (a good example is shocked ground in maps with say beyond on them).

Now let's talk about traps in general. They usually tend to slow you down, sure, but they train you in analyzing patterns. Something that is very important once you get to high level bossfights.

With the removal of cruel in 3.0, there's gotta be SOME change in the lab. The obvious change they could do would be giving 3 points on each of the first 2 runs, which would be something most welcomed by scions.

One last thing I wanna mention though. Yes, feedback is important, but simply saying "I hate the lab, it's terribad." doesn't help anyone. What could be made better? How could the experience be improved without tuning down on difficulty too much? I'm currently pretty satisfied with the state the lab is at, though the rewards could be better especially for all those hidden things.
Speaking of secret stashes and the like, I wish they were more... complex/difficult in nature. Something like 4 hidden levers in an area that open a secret door, but giving greater rewards than the usual hidden coffer does would be amazing imo.

I hope you guys too will one day learn to enjoy or at least come to terms with the lab. I think the devs did an amazing job with it. Oh and sry for that wall of text. I just wanted to say all that for once.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
The biggest problem for me is frame drop in third Izaro phase. Screen fills with shit > game hangs > dead. It doesn't happen often, but when it does...

Other problem is that not all builds are suited for lab, yet acendencies are required to even make the build work, so you're still forced struggle through somehow.

Lab just seems like a serious design misstep. "Oh, I know! Let's create a dungeon that showcases the worst of our performance issues and then make it absolutely mandatory to run at least four different times on every character!" "Brilliant!"

I can see why people with perfect performance may like it, but that's not even possible for a lot of players. I can't even play on the AUS server. Apparently it just doesn't work properly with my ISP, and what am I suppose to do? Change ISP? So I can reliably run a piece of content I don't even like? I mean, performance issues aside, it's a pretty soul draining thing to run through these labs over and over and over and over on every character.

Then again, these complaints aren't restricted to lab only, at least in my case. At 200+ ping, all of endgame is kind of gimped for me. If it wasn't for totem builds, I wouldn't be able to do endgame at all. My Starforge Lacerate character was a tragedy. All that gear and he could barely do normal Atziri deathless. :(
What this game needs is just a lot of more Lab content. 1 Labyrinth each 10 passive points could be great.
Lab is something between weak and ok.

I dont hate it, But hat content has nothing to do with arpg content.

Hi there, well lab... i don't say I hate it, it's just cos I do lab just for those points, I don't mind to fighting izaro it's just that long way through too many rooms to get to him. All t traps is like in tomb raider;) I like to slay monsters and I need those points to get goin further in maps.. And really I'm impressed of ppl runs lab a lots just for enchantment. No it's not my cup of tea. Mayb is cos I don't have that much free time as other ppl have so I rather get my points an do maps.. well that's my opinion gl&hf to all...
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
I dislike it mainly for the traps. I only run it for the points and dont bother (so far) with Uber.
"
grubworm wrote:
Sorry thought GGG wanted to hear what the game players are thinking. I love the game. I love the changes the GGG has done to date. I just want GGG to know that lab is not funz.

Trust me,they couldn't care less about minority opinions.
Topics like these are as old as the lab it self,it's pointless,and no your feedback does not change,or mean anything at all.
They judge every aspect of the game by collecting data,if data would show that majority,or at least half of all the players end up skipping labs,then they'd rethink the concept,as it is right now,you like it or not but you sure as hell are running them.
No rest for the wicked.
Lab is as much fun as your character build allows. GGG saved Lab when they changed need to run trials from each character to just once a league, which makes it slightly more bearable to get through them.

My problem with Lab is that its difficulty is largely dependent on build you run it with. Run lab with high physical mitigation build with lots of endurance charges, high HP regen and decent movement skills and you will breeze through it. Run it with anything else and Lab can prove to be more than you asked for--in SC it would be just annoyance to start all over again but in HC it is a serious problem.

You can make Lab more bearable by good preparation--every character can bring Basalt flask or 2. Pretty much every character can equip movement skills that allows you to cross gaps. All characters should be able to use Enduring Cry to generate some endurance charges.

I also found out that the more I run Lab, the less frustrating it becomes. Doing it first time in a league on first character is annoying. Every time after that is easier and more bearable (I refuse to use term "enjoyable" in connection with Lab as it never really is enjoyable for me).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info