LAB is not fun

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, but generally the people who claim to dislike the Labyrinth are also the same people that don't end up enjoying technical fights in the late to endgame. I'm not saying everyone who doesn't like the Labyrinth isn't skilled, but a lot of people that don't like it are the same people that get Uber/Atziri services as well as Guardian/Shaper services. There are very legitimate reasons for disliking the Labyrinth outside of technical skill, such as the load times, frame-rate lag and so on. I personally wish they had optimized it a lot better, but it's not something that makes me resent it.

Personally, I like the Labyrinth. It's by far my favorite content in the game, and I do think that it can get repetitive running it 3 times per character, plus a 4th or more at endgame, but so does just leveling a character up normally. Complaining about it being too repetitive isn't a legitimate argument, unless you also complain about leveling like it shouldn't be in the game.

Wishing to have the Labyrinth be optional is absolutely absurd. If it were optional and didn't have the rewards it has now, literally nobody would run it outside of the endgame Labyrinth. I get that people don't like it, but it being optional would be worse than having it be in the game at all. Asking for the ascendancy points not be gated behind it is like saying you wish skill-points weren't gated behind leveling.
Lab is the reason I'm not playing this season. I tried, I created a character and leveled a little, but then I remembered I have to do trials all over again and I lost the will to play at all. I still check the forums occasionally and watch a couple youtube videos, but I can't bring myself to play. Hopefully next season will have more motivation to go through with it than just 'click this and kill mobs' and a few nerfs.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
I do think that it can get repetitive running it 3 times per character, plus a 4th or more at endgame, but so does just leveling a character up normally. Complaining about it being too repetitive isn't a legitimate argument, unless you also complain about leveling like it shouldn't be in the game.

My counter argument to that is that there's huge practical incentive to run lab overleveled, especially in hc. While regular questing is tedious, the content is at least appropriate to your level at all times. I would expect a lot of people do what I do and rush to merc and wait till 65+ to run all three at once.

Not that I particularly enjoy 3 x regular campaign. I am happy that they are binning cruel in 3.0 :)
Lab is so shit that the only way GGG thought to make it better was to give the uber lab incredibly stupid loot at the end
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I absolutely HATE the lab.
I've ran the lab (uber) about 18 times today, love it...

That being said I don't like this thread, it's dumb and not helpful at all. I think its dumb that these these threads pop up every other league from people who barely get more than 10 challenges done./s I wish they would remove those people from forums. They Are Not Fun.

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
Last edited by XeroSlayer on Dec 8, 2016, 10:33:49 PM
Uber lab if it spawns with certain gimmicks is really painful and I can understand a player feeling discouraged if it spawns badly multiple days in a row.

Charge distruptors in particular create a berserk situation that makes it impossible to proceed unless you hit the dps check. Lab, and the game in general should not be based solely on a dps check.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
XeroSlayer wrote:

That being said I don't like this thread, it's dumb and not helpful at all. I think its dumb that these these threads pop up every other league from people who barely get more than 10 challenges done./s I wish they would remove those people from forums. They Are Not Fun.

Just sounds like you are not fun in real life, kind of boring I guess...
"
XeroSlayer wrote:

Just sounds like you are not fun in real life, kind of boring I guess...

It is very simple... It is a game. Game equal fun or not fun. Not fun is very bad for games.
"
XeroSlayer wrote:

I don't like your post, it's dumb and not helpful at all. I wish they would remove those people from forums. They Are Not... well, I'll stop there before I get offensive.

Sound abrasive and arrogant? You bet. Give that some thought. EVERYONE is entitled to express an opinion and to provide feedback, and the developers (I use the term generically, rather than specifically 'GGG', as this applies universally) need that sort of feedback in order to "feel the room" with regards to public opinion about their design decisions, so that they may enhance them when they prove popular, amend them when they are flawed, and remove them altogether when they prove totally misguided - all this in order to provide the most enjoyable experience to the greatest number of their customers, NOT JUST to self-entitled elitist, self-righteous *****s who think that challenge counts are a valid metric for determining... well, anything meaningful, really.

Having read the first dozen pages or so of a similar thread (on the Feedback forum), I find it interesting and quite revealing that the most eloquent, articulate, and well-thought-out arguments presented have mostly been from players who have expressed dislike for the Labyrinth.

XeroSlayer, it is fine that you disagree with players who are averse to the Labyrinth, or anything else for that matter - you have your view/s, others have theirs, and often they will differ, that's natural and even healthy. It is NOT ok that you would silence those with views opposed to yours - that smacks of totalitarian dictatorship states where dissidents were/are assassinated or imprisoned, and arrogant, egocentric, narcissistic bullies in general who only believe in the validity of their own views, and think that they know best and are selfish enough to think that their likes/dislikes ought to be imposed on everyone else - I find such to be among the most disgustingly obnoxious and tedious people around (who, sadly, I believe are still entitled to express THEIR offensive views - ironically.)
Last edited by Imprimatur on Dec 9, 2016, 12:15:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info