[2.6] Fire Burst Burning Prolif CI Elementalist ✪ Low Budget/Fast ClearSpeed/Shaper viable

"
m0onknight wrote:
Hey, leveling a character to do this build atm, excited to get to 50! I have a question. Any reason we go Inc aoe gem instead of lmp/gmp for ball lightning? It wouldn't reduce the flame burst damage and the aoe nerf wouldn't affect us then

You should choose IncAoE/GMP which you like.
Both viable.
"
solencen wrote:
"
yondaime71 wrote:
Hello! I build this right now and i dont understand a few stuff. At what level shall i change to 6S staff and start using ball lightning? And what about Essence of Hysteria? I just buy a white staff then add Essence of Hysteria and it will create a yellow staff with lvl 20 fire burst and thats all?

Essence of Hysteria makes yellow(rare) staff with Fire burst mod.
Switching level=Requires level of staff.

What level? There are staffs from lvl 20 even ... So the questiom is what level do you suggest to switch to fire burst? And shall i use yellow or white staff to use the Hyteria on it?
"
yondaime71 wrote:
"
solencen wrote:
"
yondaime71 wrote:
Hello! I build this right now and i dont understand a few stuff. At what level shall i change to 6S staff and start using ball lightning? And what about Essence of Hysteria? I just buy a white staff then add Essence of Hysteria and it will create a yellow staff with lvl 20 fire burst and thats all?

Essence of Hysteria makes yellow(rare) staff with Fire burst mod.
Switching level=Requires level of staff.

What level? There are staffs from lvl 20 even ... So the questiom is what level do you suggest to switch to fire burst? And shall i use yellow or white staff to use the Hyteria on it?

Requires level is decided by what mod staff has.
Hysteria staff will require 50 over level.
Played this build in LegacyHC up to lvl 93 (as life-based to lvl 90).
Best build in terms of money/effectiveness.

Modified a little, made it possible to run elemental reflect of any kind.
Path of Building code
http://pastebin.com/gMMrSiCc
What is the advantage of this build over say fireball? The aoe seems relatively low on the proc, and sometimes it takes a while to get a crit proc going singletarget.
Hi, really love the idea of your build, and I'm planning to play it as my second char but I was wondering what mods you should for your staff?
"
_Betamax_ wrote:
Hi, really love the idea of your build, and I'm planning to play it as my second char but I was wondering what mods you should for your staff?

Spell damage, fire damage, crit multi, crit chance for spells. +1 all gems would be really good, but would be tough to get. Mana, mana regen, and cast speed are decent filler mods.

Flat lightning damage to spells is ok, flat cold damage to spells is not great because it can shatter corpses leading to burns not proliferating, and flat fire damage to spells is bad because it gives monsters + fire res with EE.

Really enjoying this build so far. Level 74 and about to go CI once I get a few more es pieces. Would knockback chance on jewels be something this build be interested in? I think it would be good for general clearing, but might backfire by pushing bosses out of the stream of balls.
Just got a pair of skyforths to chance today. I'm excited to see how far I can take this build
First let me say that this build is a blast to play. So far I'm level 83 and its been SUPER effective, even when leveling with 3 other people. I haven't had a problem with any type of damage being taken with the instant life leech + CI. And dude, the CWDT + Ball Lightning/BV to proc fire burst for super leech is amazing. The only issue is reflect, which I chose on myself since I delayed taking the reflect passive node in my ascendancy.

However, I do have a question. How big of a difference is the INCAoe gem in fire burst vs the INCCritDMG? On my path of building it shows a 1.24x standard aoe increase, and when I swap these gems to the INCAoe, it goes to 1.58x.. That's not much a increase in my opinion considering the trade off of the damage loss from INCCritDMG. Am I retarded and reading that wrong? My only other reason is the INCAoe to help spread beacon.. but even then... the damage loss would almost not be worth it for such a little increase.

Other than that, great build. It has been a PERFECT league starter allowing me to smoke maps and content like no tomorrow and build up my currency along the way. Considering I paid maybe 3 chaos for the hysteria essence a week ago.
"
boas wrote:
What is the advantage of this build over say fireball? The aoe seems relatively low on the proc, and sometimes it takes a while to get a crit proc going singletarget.

Cheap.
No mana problem.
No gem swapping required ~T15.
Life Leech.

These are the advantage compared to crit Fireball build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info