[2.5] Raider Blade Flurry, Physical Crit Sword aka. A Grey Wall of Innovation

"
NoNameBeach wrote:
Hello guys. Great guide. Just simple question about gearing.. In the tree i see alot of nods for SWORD damage? So dual's should be 2 swords? why we have recommended unique axe and current gear section also shows us 1 sowrd + 1 axe? Did i get something wrong?

blade flurry doesn't work with axes or maces. When we wear one in the offhand, blade flurry will only attack with the main hand, so we get the passive benefits from the offhand. this is called using a statstick.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
"
conall88 wrote:
"
Updated the guide. I've changed from Assassin's Mark + Blasphemy to Hatred and added one passive skill point of mana leech. The damage is nice and having shattering is a nice quality of life change. As several people before me posted using the Relentless Fury as an off hand is really nice for the Culling strike, the Onslaught and the bonus life leech.

"
conall88 wrote:
really enjoying this right now,

my tree is kinda different , opted for some life & eva nodes just under shadow, picked up the sword crit nodes you skipped at the bottom of the tree near point blank, and also grabbed the hybrid Eva & resist nodes as i'm running Queen of the Forest, and it'l free up some slots which would otherwise have resist on my jewelry, allowing me to grab summore flat phys.

My Gear at present is in spoiler.

So happy I 5 linked my Queen in 3 fuse!

Scaeva has been a great starter sword for me, i'l probably use it until I find a sick foil.

Using this as a stat stick until I get the onslaught ascendancy nodes ( i'm getting the frenzy charges first).

culling strike feels super good.

Very nice Queen of the forest! I've been unlucky with getting sockets on my chest so I'm still rolling with a four link. Still the damage is super smooth.

lifeleech is local, not global, you do not get the leech benefit.

Oh it's local? Thanks! TIL.

I've been experimenting with not using faster attacks, since I got 8 Frenzy charges and I've got Blood Rage, currently trying out Poison.
Levelling this in HCBreach right now and so far at level 39 its been smooth.
Can I ask, why did you stop running Assassin mark is the crit less effective in comparison with ash? I guess botb is bis for hc but QOTF will be a good choice until that point.
With 199% max life on the tree even without a BOTB the life level is high enough on HC with the defence we have already.

I'll keep this updated on how I'm finding HC with each mark I hit.

My current gear in HCB while hitting Cruel.
"
Yasamatsu wrote:
Levelling this in HCBreach right now and so far at level 39 its been smooth.
Can I ask, why did you stop running Assassin mark is the crit less effective in comparison with ash? I guess botb is bis for hc but QOTF will be a good choice until that point.
With 199% max life on the tree even without a BOTB the life level is high enough on HC with the defence we have already.

I'll keep this updated on how I'm finding HC with each mark I hit.

My current gear in HCB while hitting Cruel.

I switched it out because at the moment I felt as if Ash+Hatred gave me more damage. I think I am going to switch back to Asssassin's Mark + Ash when I get a few power charges. I'm almost at Vaal Pact and after that I'm going to try and get +1 power charge. I am also considering Orb of Storm + Curse on hit + Power charge on crit + Assassin's Mark. For boss fights and such.

Yeah keep us posted on your HC progress! :)
why sword over daggers and claws? i am very curious!!
"
ogsober wrote:
why sword over daggers and claws? i am very curious!!

Yeah I feel like possibly removing two jewel sockets and the two attribute nodes around them can compensate for the amazing amounts of crit you can get. I may actually try this and buy a dagger later on saving up for a binos for a bis wep.

I'll let you guys know how that goes when i get enough regrets.
Why fortify on 5link?
"
Lianus wrote:
Why fortify on 5link?

Phys reduction on an eva build with extra melee dmg. Just helps mitigate the squishyness while adding some dmg.
"
Yasamatsu wrote:
"
Lianus wrote:
Why fortify on 5link?

Phys reduction on an eva build with extra melee dmg. Just helps mitigate the squishyness while adding some dmg.

"
Yasamatsu wrote:
"
Lianus wrote:
Why fortify on 5link?

I've not switched my 5th link to Added Fire and use Fortify on Whirling Blades without Blood Magic until I get a four link for that.

Though I wouldn't have enough mana to sustain Whirling Blades without Blood Magic but it was really no problem at all.
"
"
Yasamatsu wrote:
"
Lianus wrote:
Why fortify on 5link?

"
Yasamatsu wrote:
"
Lianus wrote:
Why fortify on 5link?

I've not switched my 5th link to Added Fire and use Fortify on Whirling Blades without Blood Magic until I get a four link for that.

Though I wouldn't have enough mana to sustain Whirling Blades without Blood Magic but it was really no problem at all.

What do you think removing two jewel slots and running daggers instead with the dagger nodes above swords. Grabbing a bino's and using poison over added fire with ash + blas or hatred + blas whatever can be run without having whirl use blood magic for fortify?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info