[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
KikosLive wrote:
"
kagias1992 wrote:

You are using double curse setup, which is good, but only one of your curses is cursing the mobs at the moment, you need doedre's damning ring to double curse, lol :)

MIND=BLOWN.

I intend to go full crit later on. Right now, based on your SC Tree on Path of Building, I have no more non-crit nodes to spend; all the upcoming points I'll get have to go to a crit node. Basically, to be really sincere, I don't understand what's the big thing changing when you say "I go full crit". Do you take non crit nodes until level 95 and then you respec? Do you replace some of your gear with +criticall mods on first priority?

I was planning to drop the Mana Flask, I don't really use it now but I don't have the appropriate Life Flasks either. I'm currently trying to drop some Life Flasks with high enough Item level and then roll them.

Thanks for the gear suggestions, I'll try to upgrade them as soon as possible. Noob question here, can I do something specific to take the helmet enchantment? Does it have a random chance to come as a reward from every lab difficulty or do I need to farm a specific lab?

I also see some quite tasty nodes up north on the tree (Breath of Flames, Heart of Flame) for extra fire damage. Have you experimented with them at all? Do we need anymore flat fire damage or fine penetration?
Last edited by kagias1992 on Dec 16, 2017, 10:41:07 AM
I want to give a shoutout to
as a leveling weapon and possibly a map starter. It more then three times improved my tooltip dps at level 44, which probably is a metric crapton of damage. Oh, and it's super cheap to buy, around 1 alch.
"
kagias1992 wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:
"
kagias1992 wrote:

You are using double curse setup, which is good, but only one of your curses is cursing the mobs at the moment, you need doedre's damning ring to double curse, lol :)

MIND=BLOWN.

I intend to go full crit later on. Right now, based on your SC Tree on Path of Building, I have no more non-crit nodes to spend; all the upcoming points I'll get have to go to a crit node. Basically, to be really sincere, I don't understand what's the big thing changing when you say "I go full crit". Do you take non crit nodes until level 95 and then you respec? Do you replace some of your gear with +criticall mods on first priority?

I was planning to drop the Mana Flask, I don't really use it now but I don't have the appropriate Life Flasks either. I'm currently trying to drop some Life Flasks with high enough Item level and then roll them.

Thanks for the gear suggestions, I'll try to upgrade them as soon as possible. Noob question here, can I do something specific to take the helmet enchantment? Does it have a random chance to come as a reward from every lab difficulty or do I need to farm a specific lab?

I also see some quite tasty nodes up north on the tree (Breath of Flames, Heart of Flame) for extra fire damage. Have you experimented with them at all? Do we need anymore flat fire damage or fine penetration?

The thing with crit is that it's not worth it going for it point by point since a crit chance of 25 % doesn't do much for you, so you are better off spending points into defensive nodes until you can spec out of them and respec into all crit nodes at the same time, I just did it with lvl 90 and now I have around 500 life less, which kinda sucks but I gained a ton of damage.

Helmet enchantment: You can farm endgame labyrinth for a chance of 0.3 % or something like that, so it's way too hard to farm it yourself. Best thing is to buy one from poe.trade with "fire nova mines trigger an additional 2 times".

The fire nodes north are quite good , but not good enough to make it into our build. We don't have the spare points.

"
Fredd32 wrote:
I want to give a shoutout to
as a leveling weapon and possibly a map starter. It more then three times improved my tooltip dps at level 44, which probably is a metric crapton of damage. Oh, and it's super cheap to buy, around 1 alch.

Totally aprove ! :D
Nyctas is insane for leveling.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 17, 2017, 4:32:16 PM

My current set up in the Abyss League. I find myself doing a good amount of damage but i feel pretty squishy. Currently in Act 9. What would be my next upgrade on items? SSF btw.
hey can you check my gear name is bensor trying to figure out what to upgrade next
"
Schennj36 wrote:

My current set up in the Abyss League. I find myself doing a good amount of damage but i feel pretty squishy. Currently in Act 9. What would be my next upgrade on items? SSF btw.

Hi mate,
you need way more life on many Items, you could have at least around 300 more life on your gear, also try to cap your resistances at 75% if you haven't already. Your first upgrade should be an new chest.
Also try to get a defensive shield in the beginning , with lots of armour and life since your damage will be sufficient anyways.

"
Gamite wrote:
hey can you check my gear name is bensor trying to figure out what to upgrade next

Oh mate,
you did many mistakes, your gear is total trash .......

just kidding, not much to say, I first thought I am looking at my own char, since you have pretty similar gear to me. Not much to do anymore, try to get a 21/20 FNM gem, you could get a +1 curse ammy and go for a second good ring, but not really worth it.

Build should feel pretty good for you right now, right? :)
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 17, 2017, 11:59:55 PM
About abyssal jewels:

Since the game counts your mines as dealing the crits and killing (thats why you have to use orb of storms when going elemental overload), the "+% damage if you've killed recently" only triggers from your secondary attack skills (but low level shield charge and vortex won't usually kill anything).

That mechanic also allows you to use "+30% crit chance/2% elemental resistance penetration if you haven't crit recently" and "+30% armour if you haven't killed recently".

So if you don't use an offensive cwdt, you can get much cheaper jewels since they're only in demand by a few classes.

Shaped/Elder items:

I spend a lot of time looking for gear, so I found out that there are elder gloves which have build-in faster attack support and +#% attack speed that leave you an additional gem slot. This gives you an extra gem slot for blood magic, making mind over matter a less risky choice.
Level 16 faster attack ones are very affordable, while level 20 support with additional +16% attack speed are very expensive but also a straight upgrade to the recommended gloves.

There are also shaper gloves which are supported by blind that are very usefull for the cwdt setup, especially if you use your final ascendancy points for the 4-point blind buff (50% increased duration and 6% reduced damage taken from blinded enemies).

Last edited by predator0220 on Dec 18, 2017, 10:13:02 AM
Hit 79 today with tool tip at 675.

I must say the build is really fun to play especially for map clearing so I'm looking to get some upgrades for this purpose. Just a couple questions: Do we still need attack speed since this is all spell casting ? Some of the stats such as "% to fire/lightning/cold damage" should be ok correct ?
Also crit or does it have to be "crit to spell" ?

I'm starting to see some endgame gears are pretty expensive for this build but even so is it viable for shaper/U-atziri ?
Attack speed is for the movement setup.
For shaper/U-atziri you need the damage from assasin ascendancy, thought as long as you have good life regen it might be possible as saboteur.

This build's strength is mostly cheapness, clearspeed and ability to do all map mods;
unless you really like miner playstyle it's cheaper to gear out other classes for the hardest content, since you have to compensate for the "wasted" nodes from getting to the AoE clusters.

There isn't any expensive gear worth getting (besides biscos collar since farming is the purpose of a leaguestarter), though elder/shaped pseudo-6-link boots and gloves offer good utility for any class and occupy the most flexible gear slots in this build.
"
predator0220 wrote:
Attack speed is for the movement setup.
For shaper/U-atziri you need the damage from assasin ascendancy, thought as long as you have good life regen it might be possible as saboteur.

This build's strength is mostly cheapness, clearspeed and ability to do all map mods;
unless you really like miner playstyle it's cheaper to gear out other classes for the hardest content, since you have to compensate for the "wasted" nodes from getting to the AoE clusters.

There isn't any expensive gear worth getting (besides biscos collar since farming is the purpose of a leaguestarter), though elder/shaped pseudo-6-link boots and gloves offer good utility for any class and occupy the most flexible gear slots in this build.

Thanks. Just what i'm looking for before i spent a ton on this build. For now i'll just leave it as is and start another build for endgame content.
Last edited by oak3996 on Dec 18, 2017, 7:18:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info