[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hey interesting build !! I really want to try it, but isn't it a "dangerous" build ? Because you need to get close to mobs to put mines

And is it good for boss killing ? not high end boss but boss in maps ?

With double curse it's not really dangerous, it's not a facetank build so you have to play it smart, but still it's fine defensive wise. For red maps you want 5l+Helmet enchantment then its fine.

Then it should look like this : https://youtu.be/ePZv0Px9KoI?t=3205

"
Roulce wrote:
I'm sure this has already been asked before, but is this build end-game viable/focused or is it mainly for currency farming?

E: is it able to do things like UL/Atziri/t15+ maps?

It's better to farm up currency for your 2nd char, not really endgame viable , not because of the dmg but you will run out of mana aka life. If you manage to outregen your mana costs you would be able to do everything.

"
shudo wrote:
Found a Bitterdream sceptre, is it good with mines for start ?

Nah, it's useless for FNM.

"
xMalachi wrote:
Is there a skill that makes the mine placement feel a bit more fluid? Maybe I'm just not good at playing the build yet but I find that I get hit a lot by enemies as I'm trying to place mines between them or I get stuck in a pack and unable to place mines. I could certainly be doing something wrong. I'm lvl 58 at the moment, I really love the dps and feel of the build. I did note that in the ascendancy, we have 20% increased mine laying speed, I was curious if that was the point at which it'd become better? I only had a chance to watch about half of your video Kiko so apologies if this was covered. I was just too excited to dive into 3.0!

Edit: Watch the youtube video ;), I think this may be the "feel" that Kiko is discussing when he talks about the mine laying speed.

Ascendancy points really help to make the build feel less clunky , however If you don't do already make sure to use decoy totem on cooldown. It taunts all enemies while you can comfortly lay down your mines. Single best defense that's out there.

Also make sure to press shift while laying down mines, I explain it in the "mechanics" section of my video guide.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 7, 2017, 2:02:13 PM
Alright thanks, I'm assuming there's a way to min-max past the energy costs. I'll tinker around with it once I get past act 10 on my new shadow.
Last edited by Roulce on Aug 7, 2017, 3:02:56 PM
I'm having a problem, I'm following the build but have fallen in love with fire trap, don't like the concept of delayed action with the Careful craft or whatever node and find myself hardly using the FNM skill due to it being clunky and me not being super tanky while running around dropping the mines (though the damage from them is amazing and I love the effect)

At this point I'm almost ready to forget FNM and use the build as a template for fire trapper. I don't see any trap builds and I'm wondering why (do they scale terribly?)

I'm still low level, but I'm looking at the FNM set up and wondering how it all goes from clunky run/drop/detonate into something that plays smooth where I'm not standing there tanking everything before detonation...with fire trap I can play a more cautious HC viable game and thus far (act2) everything pretty much dies instantly from the trap or walking through the ground effect.

I'm sure this is too wordy for anyone to read and respond but id like a little feedback on fire trap, and what exactly is going to make FNM less of a clunky 3 step process in a game where I can potentially die in one shot vs dropping a trap and not getting touched....why are there no fire trap builds, will your template more or less suit fire trap instead of FNM, what differences would going fire trap involve and when/what would make FNM less of a clunky risk in HC.
just for try, for see and for know
Managed to grab a sweet weapon!

Loving this build atm. Just got my gear sorted, i'm lvl 72 and starting to run maps. Thanks Kiko
So just recently finished story and now early maps with this build and really enjoy it :)

By the way if any1 missed this for some reason :
Spoiler
"
Completed 13 Challengesgoofysphoogle wrote:
Do you prefer not to have attack in place always on using the numlock trick so your mines will always get placed at your feet? Just thought it might be a good addition to the guide.

1.change the keybind of "Attack in place" to any of the numerical keyboard number.
2.when having num lock turned on press the key you bound to "Attack in place" (in my case its nr 7).
3. when still holding the specified number turn off your num lock.
4. enjoy perma attack in place

This thing is a huge QoL thingie
Also i'm still wearing this ammy till i get better gears
Spoiler

Obviously is will bring u less cash than Bisco's..but it's supper cool while lvling :)
Currently have these gears on
Spoiler

Trying to get some currency / cheap +2 FNM helm :)

Thanks again for this piece of art
Wicked_Clown

Loving the build as i posted before. What do you think of my gear Kiko? It's just a startup gear for early maps.
Last edited by Normanobot on Aug 7, 2017, 6:50:04 PM
Hi guys. I've been using this build and I'm lvl 60. How do I get endurance charges? I want to use cast damage taken on and immortal call, but where am I getting the endurance charges from?
ign: prodster
"
prod44 wrote:
Hi guys. I've been using this build and I'm lvl 60. How do I get endurance charges? I want to use cast damage taken on and immortal call, but where am I getting the endurance charges from?

Endurance charges just increase the duration of invincibility for immortal call, you don't need them for it to work. The short period of time with increased duration should be enough to keep you safer.
Thank you for your answer! That clarifies the build for me.
ign: prodster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info