[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

how the heck do you have mana and mana reserved in the beginning of the video if you are using the covenant chest?? Using auras with this almost makes it unplayable... help me understand?
"
Bigb3204 wrote:
how the heck do you have mana and mana reserved in the beginning of the video if you are using the covenant chest?? Using auras with this almost makes it unplayable... help me understand?

So I am using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Covenant as you figured out.
The covenant doesn't give me global Blood Magic but only BM for the Gems that are socketed into the chest itself. So our 6l FNM setup runs on life while the rest runs on Mana, that way we can reserve pretty much all of our Mana since only movement skills / decoy totem are running on Mana.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 3, 2017, 2:32:53 PM
How would this be for uber lab farming? pretty much bored of the normal slayers / berserker starter for ulab farm
Last edited by BestSwede on Aug 3, 2017, 3:50:32 PM
Modified your tree a bit for what I'm planning to use tomorrow in the SC harbinger standard league. Would love to hear what you think. Basically I forgo explosive impacts and purity of flesh for a quicker route to the templar side of the tree, and after picking up amplify and sanctify I start speccing into crit. We end up starting to grab the crit nodes around lv 60 and finish at 72 just in time for mapping/farming. Then, we pick up our required strength nodes from grabbing the devotion node and after that we grab the jewel nodes. Past lv 90 I go for the melding nodes and then arcane potency for a huge dps increase.

https://pastebin.com/9qtjuzSP
Above is the pob link to the 4 trees pre crit after crit 90 100
Last edited by goofysphoogle on Aug 3, 2017, 4:44:57 PM
Hello there Kikos, amazing guide, very well explained and detailed.

I know you advocate against the SSF but I really, really, really want to play SSF HC with my first character in this league.
Is there any recommendation you can give?
Are all the ascendancy nodes mandatory? I ask because I probably only do the normal and cruel labyrinth before going to maps, and probably skip the other 2 until very very later when I got gear (if I got). Can this build work? Is it capable of doing labyrinths alone later? Is the build working without the enchantment (I know wont be same clearspeed, just asking if functional)?

Life regen or acrobatics for this mode? I assume life regen, but just asking.

Arctic armour worth for ssf hc? I wont be static a lot of time, so not sure if I would get just leap slam.

And Orb Storms mandatory if no crit for ssf hc, so... which gem can I get rid off to equip Orb of Storms?

Should I choose COntrolled Destruction in spite of increased critical for hc?

With gear, is critical chance and multiplier important in hc?

What to do if I can't find a covenant?

Thanks for your time.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Aug 3, 2017, 5:54:56 PM
"
How would this be for uber lab farming? pretty much bored of the normal slayers / berserker starter for ulab farm

Nah, I wouldnt play this build for ulab farming, you have to dodge since you cant face tank izaro with this build and until you are very high lvl (92+) your life regen wont be that high which means you drop in life while doing izaro, it's just way too annoying. Doable but annoying.

"
goofysphoogle wrote:
Modified your tree a bit for what I'm planning to use tomorrow in the SC harbinger standard league. Would love to hear what you think. Basically I forgo explosive impacts and purity of flesh for a quicker route to the templar side of the tree, and after picking up amplify and sanctify I start speccing into crit. We end up starting to grab the crit nodes around lv 60 and finish at 72 just in time for mapping/farming. Then, we pick up our required strength nodes from grabbing the devotion node and after that we grab the jewel nodes. Past lv 90 I go for the melding nodes and then arcane potency for a huge dps increase.

https://pastebin.com/9qtjuzSP
Above is the pob link to the 4 trees pre crit after crit 90 100

Checked out your 4 trees. Looks totally fine except in your level 100 tree "arcane potency" isn't worth spending 6 points imo. But yes I like that you can go crit so early that way, good job.

"
Valmar wrote:
Hello there Kikos, amazing guide, very well explained and detailed.

I know you advocate against the SSF but I really, really, really want to play SSF HC with my first character in this league.
Is there any recommendation you can give?
Are all the ascendancy nodes mandatory? I ask because I probably only do the normal and cruel labyrinth before going to maps, and probably skip the other 2 until very very later when I got gear (if I got). Can this build work? Is it capable of doing labyrinths alone later? Is the build working without the enchantment (I know wont be same clearspeed, just asking if functional)?

Life regen or acrobatics for this mode? I assume life regen, but just asking.

Arctic armour worth for ssf hc? I wont be static a lot of time, so not sure if I would get just leap slam.

And Orb Storms mandatory if no crit for ssf hc, so... which gem can I get rid off to equip Orb of Storms?

Should I choose COntrolled Destruction in spite of increased critical for hc?

With gear, is critical chance and multiplier important in hc?

What to do if I can't find a covenant?

Thanks for your time.

I wouldn't say I advocate against SSF, I think it's doable but the huge drawback is that you probably never will get the helmet enchantment as you mentioned yourself. The build is fully functional without helmet enchantment. Check out my budget 5l / no helmet shaped strand run and you see what you can expect. It's still fun and good. For trashmobs you won't really notice a difference. Just for bosses you might need like 10-15 sec more without helmet enchantment.

Ascendancies: Here is the good news - only the first 4 points for AoE and mine arming speed are mandatory and really important , the rest is just a nice little bonus. Endgame lab you dont need at all and you will be fine skipping it.

Life regen or acrobatics? You can do either, I think they are both good, but I personally like lifereg/life more. You get 203% life and extra 4.6% lifereg which is really insane as a shadow. If you go acrobatics you would also go for evasion gear which kinda sucks since we already have our chest slot reserved for pure ES; so your overall EV won't be that high.

Arctic armour : I wouldn't take it, I played in HC and didnt use it and it was fine. Leap slam is really awesome and I hate losing it for AA.

Orb of Storms: you can get rid of portal gem, or what I would do is to get rid of vortex in my cwdt setup , than use a 3 Link + 1 Link . 3 Link for cwdt - immortal call -inc duration and 1Link for OoS

Controlled destruction instead of crit chance, exactly !

You won't need crit/multi on any piece of gear since it's useless for you, with ele overload you have no multiplier anymore anyways. So gearing is a lot easier !
On a weapon get Spell damage / ele damage to spells / attackspeed as high as possible (rly important huge difference in movement speed with shield charge)

What to do if you don't find covenant?
So use every single chance orb on Spidersilk Robes and make sure that your Itemfilter shows Spidersilk Robes; I think that way you should actually get one sooner or later. But as long as you don't have one you play the build on Mana which is fine.

Go for Eldritch battery and zealot's oath, try to get some ES gear, try to keep your stone golem up for "mana aka es regen". You should still be able to run double curse on mana since you pay mostly with your ES. You could also go for 1 curse + max lvl clarity, but I would prob stick to double defensive curse setup at least that was what I did when I leveled to lvl 95 in HC Essence League and covenant wasn't a thing since it was the old version which sucked.

Hope I could help you out, feel free to ask again if you need any help. I love the fact you trying it out in SSF, can't wait to hear from your adventure and experience you gathered :)

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 3, 2017, 7:06:01 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:

Hope I could help you out, feel free to ask again if you need any help. I love the fact you trying it out in SSF, can't wait to hear from your adventure and experience you gathered :)

Sure I will do mate.
Thanks a lot for your time and patience, really appreciate it.
For your response it seems I got your videos right and the only problem will be the skill ponts I need for the mana eldrich battery and zealoths plus the +1 curse nodes. I'll try hard to manage those handicaps.

Other than that, I can't wait and excelent news on the ascendancy part. I will tell you how good or bad will be my RNG in drops too.

Cheers
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Aug 3, 2017, 7:54:33 PM
How squishy would you describe this build?
"
akeldama1984 wrote:
How squishy would you describe this build?

It can be squishy while leveling up to 80, so you should always have high life items. Once, you have double curse setup you should be fine.

If 1 is Squishy and 10 super safe , I'd give it a 5/10 while leveling up to lvl 85ish and then 7.5/10, once your life pool is >5k + 1k ES + double curse setup
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 3, 2017, 11:28:28 PM
With all the knew support gems, the best set-up for this doesn't change? Also would it be worth it to get some sort of Arcane Surge set-up?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info