[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
MrYamamoto wrote:
First off, great guide and I will most certainly use this build as my 1st char on 3.0.

Was just wondering after reading patch notes. "Traps and Mines are now invulnerable while they are arming and invulnerable while they are casting their skill. This means a trap thrown directly onto a monster who will detonate it cannot be destroyed before it detonates."

Do we still rush Clever Construction just for the extra dmg?

You are confusing traps with mines. We are using mines which you lay down and detonate them yourself. They will only be invulnerable while arming (a very short time , the time you would need to be able to place another mine) and after you detonated them they are invulnerable aswell. There is still a time window between arming and actually detonating them where they are just lying on the ground doing nothing, that time window is big enough for enemies to destroy them. So we absolutely still need clever construction for it's utility.

"
McBinary wrote:

Wouldn't this effectively replace Clever Construction? If it can't be destroyed before detonation, wouldn't we get the full effect of the mine payload and not need to take the passive? I'm new to PoE, so forgive me if I'm thinking of this incorrectly.

Edit: NVM, Didn't realize there was a 20% damage increase included with that node too. Still though, would this change the leveling path since it's no longer as important?

Also, with this change to Remote Mine Support, would you consider using it over anything else in the build?

"
GGG wrote:
Remote Mine Support now deals 30% more Mine damage at gem level 1, rather than more Mine damage to hits, up to 49% more Mine damage at gem level 20.

As mentioned above there is still a huge time window in which our mines are not invulnerable, so we absolutely need clever construction.

Remote Mine Support is useless for us since we cant use it for Fire Nova Mines, FNM is automatically connected to mines. Remote Mine support you would use if you for example want to use freezing pulse mines.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 2, 2017, 4:47:22 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:

As mentioned above there is still a huge time window in which our mines are not invulnerable, so we absolutely need clever construction.

Remote Mine Support is useless for us since we cant use it for Fire Nova Mines, FNM is automatically connected to mines. Remote Mine support you would use if you for example want to use freezing pulse mines.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Definitely starting Harbinger with this. :)
What major/minor god would you go for this? Lunaris Ryslatha?
"
Kroxywuff wrote:
What major/minor god would you go for this? Lunaris Ryslatha?

I would go for Brineking as major. That way you never get chain stunned/frozen which is pretty awesome.

For minor I would probably go Ralakesh but will try out Ryslatha. I just think that I use my life flasks around every 2-3 sec so that the automated refill would never happen anyways.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Great work, thank you very much for this guide.

I have seen different links on reddit '' pastebin.com '' for Path of Building, I would like to know which advice to start the league Softcore.

Again, thank you very much and forgive me for my English.
Last edited by ArrX8 on Aug 3, 2017, 8:04:39 AM
Great Guide, just some Questions:

I am not rly Happy about the Chest and Blood Magic which brought me to a nice Idea:

Have you ever tried to use a +3 Fire Gem (+1 Socketed Gems and +2 Fire Gem) 6linked Staff? The DMG in POEBuilder is higher then the 7 link in Chest and can even be pushed further using a +3 Empower

Fire Nova Mine:
lev 21: 140 - 210 dmg
lev 22: 152 - 228 dmg
lev 23: 166 - 249 dmg
lev 24: 181 - 271 dmg (only the Staff, we already have 30% more Base dmg then plain lev 21)
lev 25: 197 - 295 dmg
lev 26: 214 - 324 dmg
lev 27: 232 - 349 dmg (staff + Empower 4, thats 66% more Base damage)

Fire penetration would reach lev 27 too if we want to, 7% more penetration then lev 21.

now throw in a Kaoms for even more firedmg and Life or any other good Unique or Rare Body Armor

Just an Idea, i try to somehow find a work around to beat the last Bosses, if Fire Nova Mine would be on Mana you could fix the Problem with high level Clarity and high Mana Pool.

i am totaly aware that using a 6 linked +3 Staff isnt a League Starter item!

btw: does gain flask charges on crit work with fire nova mine?
"
ArrX8 wrote:
Great work, thank you very much for this guide.

I have seen different links on reddit '' pastebin.com '' for Path of Building, I would like to know which advice to start the league Softcore.

Again, thank you very much and forgive me for my English.

Use this pastebin link to import my build.

https://pastebin.com/0DqL6JMk

You can switch between Hardcore and Softcore tree in the bottom left.

"
dablack wrote:
Great Guide, just some Questions:

I am not rly Happy about the Chest and Blood Magic which brought me to a nice Idea:

Have you ever tried to use a +3 Fire Gem (+1 Socketed Gems and +2 Fire Gem) 6linked Staff? The DMG in POEBuilder is higher then the 7 link in Chest and can even be pushed further using a +3 Empower

Fire Nova Mine:
lev 21: 140 - 210 dmg
lev 22: 152 - 228 dmg
lev 23: 166 - 249 dmg
lev 24: 181 - 271 dmg (only the Staff, we already have 30% more Base dmg then plain lev 21)
lev 25: 197 - 295 dmg
lev 26: 214 - 324 dmg
lev 27: 232 - 349 dmg (staff + Empower 4, thats 66% more Base damage)

Fire penetration would reach lev 27 too if we want to, 7% more penetration then lev 21.

now throw in a Kaoms for even more firedmg and Life or any other good Unique or Rare Body Armor

Just an Idea, i try to somehow find a work around to beat the last Bosses, if Fire Nova Mine would be on Mana you could fix the Problem with high level Clarity and high Mana Pool.

i am totaly aware that using a 6 linked +3 Staff isnt a League Starter item!

btw: does gain flask charges on crit work with fire nova mine?

Hey,
I thought about goin +3 staff & kaoms in the past , but your overall clearspeed would be totally
gimped since you dont have a good movement setup anymore, so that's the main reason I personally wouldnt do it. Not running this build on Blood Magic is also really annoying, I've done it, it's possible but you run out of Mana so freakin fast.

About the flask , I am 99 % sure that critting fills up your flasks if you have the surgeons mod, yes.
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 3, 2017, 9:59:27 AM
i played a Staff char once with 4 linked gloves with 14% More attackspeed: Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Curse on Hit - Curse you want - it was freaking fast in clearing maps without any further Attackspeed mods

this would also open up 1 Blasphemy Curse and give you more free Mana
"
dablack wrote:
i played a Staff char once with 4 linked gloves with 14% More attackspeed: Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Curse on Hit - Curse you want - it was freaking fast in clearing maps without any further Attackspeed mods

this would also open up 1 Blasphemy Curse and give you more free Mana

For me leap slam feels too clunky to be my main movement setup, but if you enjoy it, you could for sure go 2h. All up to personal preference.
in 3.0 at the beginning it helps to link frost blades with Onslaught Support, 8sec Onslaught boosts ur movement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info