[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Current Gear ATM:

Lvl 67 and i gotta say, things nice. Ive prob only spent around 3c and 1 alch on my gear and the dmg is nice for the amount of currency i spent. Ill prob get a Shift click macro cause its kinda annoying always having to shift click when placing the mines. but overall, build is nice.

Question, what would be some items that isnt so budget to make my damage even better and gear?
"
Duh_DA5 wrote:
Hey nice build Im running it currently lvl 64 in Breach SC and it's a lot of fun. I messed up and made flameblast the last build i did on the old league but this is doing pretty well. I've filled out the whole leveling tree and I'm trying to figure out where to go next. I'm dreading dropping clarity for the 2nd curse and those mana cost nodes look really nice. I was wondering why you didn't go there? I plan on going for the survivability on the right of templar and leaving the left for after I pick up eldritch zealots and the curse. So what do you think about the mana cost nodes and what order do you recommend i finish up?

Those mana points are only really worth it if you could sustain Mana without using vaal clarity. My build really relies on vaal clarity though. I only need my mana pool for the first 15 seconds of a map then I will cast for free until the end of the Map anyways. So that's why I didn't really invest points into Mana. But if you find a way to make your mana pool so big that you can sustain it , then it would be absolutely worth it to get those nodes.

If you give me a link to you current Passive Tree, I can check it out for you.
Your profile must be private - I can't check your characters.

"
UhYuuki wrote:
Current Gear ATM:

Lvl 67 and i gotta say, things nice. Ive prob only spent around 3c and 1 alch on my gear and the dmg is nice for the amount of currency i spent. Ill prob get a Shift click macro cause its kinda annoying always having to shift click when placing the mines. but overall, build is nice.

Question, what would be some items that isnt so budget to make my damage even better and gear?

The next important thing you really want to get is a helmet enchantment "Fire Nova Mines repeats an additional 2 times" - that is by far the best upgrade you can get. But I know it is hard to get a specific enchantment so early in the league.

Then of course a 6l would boost your dmg by a lot.

I see that you are using whirling blades, since you got a dagger, try to get a sceptre with tons of cast speed and fire damage or spell damage and switch to shield charge, it's way more effective since they nerfed whirling blades. Dagger implicit is not really that important for us, since we don't go crit.

"
AtlasJackson wrote:
This is the first mine build I've tried, and I've taken this up to level 42 in Breach SC so far.

To those who've never used them before, you have to lay them with the skill, then press D to detonate. You can map that to QWERT, as well. Enemies can attack the mines to destroy them, and mine laying is super-awkward. I'd actually recommend not using them until you have Clever Construction, which makes them functionally invincible. Until then, most bosses killed the mines after a single cast (or in Merveil's case, before I could even detonate). Fire Trap/Orb of Storms worked very, very well in the beginning.

Got up to Act 4 Normal without running into many problems, but the pack sizes in breaches make laying mines difficult. Unless you're clicking right at your own feet, you won't lay a mine at all, and you're also liable to get stunned out of the mine-laying animation. Holding Shift when you activate the skill will place it at your own feet, instead of trying to blitz your way through enemies and dying. Shield Charge seems like a high-priority, just to get through dense mobs. Also, watch out for "Allies can't die" mods--your mine won't have the range to kill them from outside the pack (and you don't want to be inside).

I really want to give this build a shot in the endgame, since the damage output seems solid, but again, mines are awkward. Thanks for the build, whether I stick with it or not, I'm glad I got to try it.

Thanks for your post! Most of the things you mention there are in the video guide. Except the importance of pressing SHIFT while laying mines. I guess I was so used to it that I forgot to mention it. Thank you buddy ! :)

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 4, 2016, 11:21:23 PM
"

Didn't know you could do that is public now thanks.
"
Duh_DA5 wrote:
"

Didn't know you could do that is public now thanks.

If you can get your hands on a vaal clarity , I would probably go EB and Whispers of doom now for the sweet doublecurse setup (enfeeble - tempchains - blasphemy) then take the life wheel in the top left ( the one which also got chaos res).

Then you should be super safe. If you want more damage pick up the cast speed notes on the way to witch.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Really good league starter build, its clear speed is insance. One thing different is I use 2 vaal clarity instead of taking Zealot's Oath. Reached class first rank at level 90 currently (SC).

Gear:
Last edited by SuperBillyDog on Dec 5, 2016, 7:08:10 AM
"
SuperBillyDog wrote:
Really good league starter build, its clear speed is insance. One thing different is I use 2 vaal clarity instead of taking Zealot's Oath. Reached class first rank at level 90 currently (SC).

Gear:

Nice to hear that you enjoy the build. I tried using 2 vc too but didn't really like it since it takes double as long to fill up the first 2. So instead of 12 seconds in a fresh map you'd need 24 seconds until you can start using vaal clarities.
Hey, i'm following this build for the new league. I'm a big noob so i'm not sure on a couple things.

When should I get the Zealot's Oath and Eldritch Battery passives? Currently lvl 66 btw.

Also i'm wondering why there is an Enfeeble is linked to CWDT but also another linked to the Blasphemy 3 link.
"
Tooooooasty wrote:
Hey, i'm following this build for the new league. I'm a big noob so i'm not sure on a couple things.

When should I get the Zealot's Oath and Eldritch Battery passives? Currently lvl 66 btw.

Also i'm wondering why there is an Enfeeble is linked to CWDT but also another linked to the Blasphemy 3 link.

First I want to thank you for trying out this build.

ZO and EB are skill points that you take rather in the later levels but it's hard to tell you a certain level that I would pick those points. When you have at least 350 Energy Shield and you feel like you need the extended mana pool in order to get to that first filled up Vaal Clarity without going out of Mana. As long as you only have a 5 Link I think it's not really necessary.

When you take Zealots oath it's important that you have your Stone golem up since you regen a lot of ES aka Mana by doing so.

So I talked about the double Enfeeble in the video guide. But let me try to explain it here shortly.
So the low level Enfeeble is debatable. I took it so that stuff that hits you from outside your blasphemy range gets cursed as well. Let's say titty bitches from lunaris temple for example, they hit you before you even reach them , so if they deal too much damage from off screen they get enfeebled.

But ... stuff that hits you inside blasphemy range might also get cursed with that low level enfeeble which you don't really want. So it's more or less a matter of personal preference. It is in no way mandatory.

What DPS should I have on my FNM to be able to do Atziri? Seems like doryani's catalyst would be a good weapon to get
Sorry for being a noob, but what does it mean under bandits: Oak, passive, passive? Kill Oak leave the rest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info