[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

Greeting Kikos,

Thanks for the PM reply.

I'm 73 (as of this post) and working on Merc Lake farming just to over level like crazy before messing with maps.

If you don't mind checking out my character "SevenNovas" and offering suggestions on what I need to upgrade, etc that would help.

Since I don't have the skill points or Doedre, instead of a second curse I've been using Resist Aura to cap my resists.

Help save the Kiwis!!

http://www.kiwisforkiwi.org/donate/
"
Can you post the weapon mods in order of importance? Thanks.

Ele dmg to spells > (crit chance / crit multi)* > %attack speed (to move around faster) > %spelldmg / %firedmg / %eledmg > cast speed

*is ofc useless as long as you don' t fully switch to crit

"
SevenStrikes wrote:
Greeting Kikos,

Thanks for the PM reply.

I'm 73 (as of this post) and working on Merc Lake farming just to over level like crazy before messing with maps.

If you don't mind checking out my character "SevenNovas" and offering suggestions on what I need to upgrade, etc that would help.

Since I don't have the skill points or Doedre, instead of a second curse I've been using Resist Aura to cap my resists.

You really want to have that double curse setup as a good base defense. Kikazaru is not a bad ring, I thought about using it too, with lvl 90 for 90 lifereg, but I think we can't afford it. When you are high enough level your lifereg will be good enough even without Kikazaru and voll's vision. It was no problem at all (when you got about 5.5k life) - for tough fights you just use vaal clarity to have the full available life reg as a defensive mechanism. Doedre's is super cheap and totally worth it.

Actually needlesly to say, but cap your res so that you don't need the aura for it.
It shouldn't be too hard since we don't use that many uniques.

Get rid of the Nomic's boots, they are pretty bad. You want life, res, ms on your boots.

You could have about 330 more life on your gear. Try to exchange stuff.

Your survivability is not good enough for maps right now.
Basically keep volls and the covenant and improve on every other piece of gear before you run maps.

Weapon: Get a faster one (better base speed + local attack speed) with more ele dmg to spells. Check for one with at least 45 ele dmg to spells.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 15, 2017, 4:38:20 AM
Greeting Kikos,

Thanks for the build, I love it!

If you don't mind checking out my character "Haygrobi" and offering suggestions on what I need to upgrade, etc that would help.

I decide to stick with Singularity as the extra super defensive bonus in HC.

Thanks!

Have 3.9k life and 1.3k ES for now.
Last edited by YouWillNotPass on Mar 15, 2017, 10:27:52 AM
Hi Kikos :)

Really awesome build guide, that i am going to try on a new char in Legacy. However i have a single question:

You say that we want Attack Speed on the weapon. What does the attack speed affect? I can only see that Cast Speed is affecting FNM, so i'm not sure why the attack speed would be good.

Thanks a lot for the good guide :)
Last edited by TobyC on Mar 15, 2017, 2:13:47 PM
attack speed makes shield charge go faster, but I did not find it necessary and prioritized other mods on my weapon.

my faster attacks gem and 30% movespeed from boots already makes shield charge go fast
"
Greeting Kikos,

Thanks for the build, I love it!

If you don't mind checking out my character "Haygrobi" and offering suggestions on what I need to upgrade, etc that would help.

I decide to stick with Singularity as the extra super defensive bonus in HC.

Thanks!

Have 3.9k life and 1.3k ES for now.

You are on a good way ! Your gear looks pretty decent. You could have 200 more life on your gear. I see you have a lot of chaos res, which is a nice bonus but not really mandatory. Would be nice if you could get rid of the gold ring to sacrifice it for a doedre's damning. The saved points could be used to spec into the Devotion Life Cluster at templer. There is also another life node you didn't take yet at the shadow start.

Oh and bro, get a staunching flask. Best thing is to just buy them. Just type in poe.trade "seething divine life flask of staunching" and get one with 20% quality. They cost between 3-5 chaos and are totally worth it. You could do the same for the heat flask. "Seething divine life flask of heat".
I wouldnt start mapping before I have 4.8k life I'd say.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Hey, KikiosLive

Sorry if you answered this somewhere else, but are there any specific lab enchantments I should be looking for? I'm assuming the helmet should have the extra fire nova mine explosion (or whatever its called). But what about gloves/boots?
"
Boogaba wrote:
Hey, KikiosLive

Sorry if you answered this somewhere else, but are there any specific lab enchantments I should be looking for? I'm assuming the helmet should have the extra fire nova mine explosion (or whatever its called). But what about gloves/boots?

Only the helmet echantment is really important. On boots and gloves I just take whatever I can get.
fire nova mine only has 30% damage effectiveness (lowest in game except ball lightning and flame totem) so flat added elemental damage are not very useful.

not sure exacly if that mod is affecting percentage based supports in any way. doesn't seem like it so stuff like %increased fire damage and elemental damage should be better.

Last edited by kompaniet on Mar 18, 2017, 7:33:06 AM
Is blinding assault worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info