[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

I love this build so fucking much mate :D
Hi, first time playing fnm build with shadow, been having a lot of fun so thanks!!

Just one question, should we get the covenant as soon as we can at lvl 49? or do you recommend on getting it after getting some more passive skill points first.
"
bawwb wrote:
Hi, first time playing fnm build with shadow, been having a lot of fun so thanks!!

Just one question, should we get the covenant as soon as we can at lvl 49? or do you recommend on getting it after getting some more passive skill points first.

That's a good question, not 100% sure myself yet. I think I'd try to get and use the chest as soon as possible. You have to check out if it drains too much life when you spam your FNM though. I would just go and try it out. The build feels way better when you do not have to depend on mana anymore.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 4, 2017, 3:59:34 AM
Is it an awkward playstyle that you have to keep pausing to cast and detonate mines?

Also can you talk about what defenses you have besides stone golem and double curse?
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Is it an awkward playstyle that you have to keep pausing to cast and detonate mines?

Also can you talk about what defenses you have besides stone golem and double curse?

You only have to stop for laying down the mines. You can detonate them while running further.
I don't know if you did cruel lab already, but the build should feel far better when you get 100% mine arming speed.

Defenses: Double Curse , Arctic Armour , It used to be Armour before but now I would aim to get more ES instead as defensive mechanism. Thats pretty much about it. I feel like the double curse makes it really save though. I used to to have 6.x k life in Essence League , now it's probably a bit less this league but you get the ES on top.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 4, 2017, 8:05:02 AM
i thought to get some ES for more ehp pool too, but it kind of sux with blood magic stopping shield regen every time you cast mine

My plan is to use 200hp kaom boots for stun immunity and get some armor from gloves/helm/belt with dual consuming dark and assassin ascendancy for 100% more poison dmg on crit. I wonder how it'll work
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 4, 2017, 8:24:35 AM
"
za6i9ka wrote:
i thought to get some ES for more ehp pool too, but it kind of sux with blood magic stopping shield regen every time you cast mine

My plan is to use 200hp kaom boots for stun immunity and get some armor from gloves/helm/belt with dual consuming dark and assassin ascendancy for 100% more poison dmg on crit. I wonder how it'll work

If you want to go poison, occultist is better imo.
"
astrartea wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:

If you want to go poison, occultist is better imo.

Idk, that 100% more poison dmg and crit chance/mult per power charge seems to be worth giving a go.

And i'm not so sure about witch hp build, got bored of CI in past league already.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 4, 2017, 9:08:16 AM
"
za6i9ka wrote:

I really didn't think it would be this way, since you pay with life and not with ES, but you are right.
Maybe it's really better focusing on armour at least gear wise. Many people say Armour is useless or you need tons of armour to make it worth it. When I was running around in high maps on Essence HC my 3.5k Armour + granite of ironskin made me feel way safer and made a huge difference. It's still not bad to have that extra layer of defense with ES as a little bonus though.

"
za6i9ka wrote:

I never really felt the urge to get stun immunity with FNM, since you are mainly still a life build and you don't really get stunned too often. I like the 200 life though, due to using some uniques , my biggest worry so far is the new endgame life. To not get oneshot , I think you really want to reach 5.5 to 6k life + our other defensive mechanics.

Double consuming dark sounds like slow as fuck. Your damage will be awesome but the speed you move around ............ hm
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 4, 2017, 11:35:06 AM
why not stay non crit and get elemental overload? is there a reason you don't take it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info