Izaro is making me rage.

Yep, just like always, PoE rounds down. Can't have half a percent of Damage. :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yep, just like always, PoE rounds down. Can't have half a percent of Damage. :)

Is this done on the final step only or also on intermediate steps?

Example:
29% less damage on Enfeeble.
+30% curse effect on tree
60% less curse effect on boss

Does this result in a 15% Enfeeble (one final rounding) or in a 14% Enfeeble (multiple roundings)?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
That's the same modifier, there is only one step for that example :P

Actually-intermediate steps are rounded too. Example with 25% Increased Damage, and 25% Increased Damage Taken:
5 Damage * 1.25 = 6.25 -> 6 Damage dealt
6 * 1.25 = 7.5 -> 7 Damage taken
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That's the same modifier, there is only one step for that example :P

According to the wiki bosses have 60% less curse effect while the tree provides increased effect. So the question is whether it's:

29 × 1.3 = 37.7 -> round down to 37
37 × 0.4 = 14.8 -> round down to 14

or:

29 × 1.3 × 0.4 = 15.08 -> round down to 15
It's the same modifier.
It's one step.

There is a reason I say the things I say, there is a reason for that specific example.

I will not clarify further.
I think what Vipermagi is getting at with "the same modifier" is what I usually think of as "stat" or "stat type" or "stat block" or "packet of (damage)."

He's saying that Curse Effect is its own entity and has everything apply to it at once.

With his "actually-intermediate" example, there are two entities: Outgoing Damage and Incoming Damage. Each stat block is finished calculating, then truncated (fancy word I like which here means "cut off the decimals"), then passed on to the next entity.

So the correct answer there would be 15.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 1, 2016, 1:45:24 PM
To (further) clarify: there is no real such thing as a "More" or "Less" curse effectiveness modifier. That's someone in the wiki being imprecise with their words. All curse effectiveness is either increased or decreased, and as such it's all summed up in one step when the curse is applied to the target. Curses don't need/benefit from the "outgoing effectiveness/incoming effectiveness" stuff that regular damage does because being cursed is a one-time* thing and because there's no complex damage type/resistance/immunity/reduction/mitigation/weakness/Cena calculations that need to go on for curses to work.

In practical terms, your curses will have a given Curse Power Level when applied to an enemy, in the form of a single variable that the curse's attributes are factored with. Your own curse effectiveness increases CPL. Enemy curse resistance decreases CPL. Hexproof reduces CPL to zero unless you're wearing Cospri's Will, and bosses with actual Curse Immunity also reduce CPL to 0. All increases and reductions to CPL occur simultaneously, because there's no reason for them not to.
"
1453R wrote:
To (further) clarify: there is no real such thing as a "More" or "Less" curse effectiveness modifier. That's someone in the wiki being imprecise with their words. All curse effectiveness is either increased or decreased, and as such it's all summed up in one step when the curse is applied to the target.

Curse Effect mitigation on bosses was made a Less-type modifier a short while back. It used to be additive, but it's multiplicative now.
Additionally, the new map mod is also Less-type. Second map.
Ah. Well that bites. I think. I'm not actually sure, given that this means there's basically no such thing as a "reduced" curse effect modifier that I can think of, except for on players themselves. Unless I'm missing something else?

Man, keeping on top of this game's shit is a bitch.
"
1453R wrote:
Ah. Well that bites. I think. I'm not actually sure, given that this means there's basically no such thing as a "reduced" curse effect modifier that I can think of, except for on players themselves. Unless I'm missing something else?

It does bite because you used to be able to get half-again-as-strong curses on Bosses just by getting 20% increased curse effect (you went from 60% reduced to 40% net reduced, which means 0.4 multi -> 0.6 multi, or 50% more corse effect).

Now, since like you said there isn't really a source of reduced curse effect, any increased curse effect you get is only going to get you that much more curse effect! So 20% increased curse effect will only ever grant 20% more curse effect.

"
Man, keeping on top of this game's shit is a bitch.

It is!!! Even Vipermagi forgot about a recently released Unique once. (Should I feel bad for laughing at him giving lip about Kondo's Pride not being Kongor's Undying Rage, when Kondo's Pride actually existed?)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info