Izaro is making me rage.

And just as another little tip, I'm pretty sure the Goddess' green fireballs are pure fire damage, so it's a good idea to have your fire resistance capped.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
adghar wrote:
It is!!! Even Vipermagi forgot about a recently released Unique once. (Should I feel bad for laughing at him giving lip about Kondo's Pride not being Kongor's Undying Rage, when Kondo's Pride actually existed?)

God that was hilarious (and embarrasing). Yeah there's plenty of stuff that I just don't know or straight-up forget because there's so much these days, it's insane. Can scarcely imagine how it is for those less invested, trying to keep up with minor details like boss Curse mitigation.
So then, if you use either of these rings and/or run Temp Chains in a map with a temp chains mod, what is the net effect of the map curse on a player?

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Ok, thanks.

"
adghar wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
Ah. Well that bites. I think. I'm not actually sure, given that this means there's basically no such thing as a "reduced" curse effect modifier that I can think of, except for on players themselves. Unless I'm missing something else?

It does bite because you used to be able to get half-again-as-strong curses on Bosses just by getting 20% increased curse effect (you went from 60% reduced to 40% net reduced, which means 0.4 multi -> 0.6 multi, or 50% more corse effect).

This was IIRC the second biggest recent nerf to players - after the Frost Wall fix.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
the first 2 difficulty levels and Izaro fairly doable, but merciless and the 3rd Izaro (sometimes even just the 2nd Izaro) is impossible, unless i'm melee (fortify and armor). Or using only totems to do damage, therefore I can just run around. Any other character, it's always a insta-death. Damage well over 5k. impossible to get health over 5k (that's grabbing every single life node in reach), and maybe 1k ES. So the damage really is over 5k single hit.

I've heard people bs of a sound he will make or a certain move, but I can't hear or see it. But i'm old.
You can reduce a 5k Hit down to 4k with just ECry and Enfeeble, zero investment otherwise. Two Gems, three if you want to make it a Blasphemy. Drop some Chilled Ground and you'll have more than enough time to just walk away from all of his big hits, too. Whichever you prefer.

I can all but guarantee that a 5k-to-zero on Merc is not a single Hit though. His wave slash thing hits for some 3k Damage - I've just now been tanking a couple of 'em on a character with just 400 Armour. Let's say his damage variance caps at 3300 (I've not registered a Hit above 3100, but there's some Regen); a 3300 base Damage Crit deals 4290 damage. It would deal 3495 damage when under the effects of a level 18 Enfeeble, btw, due to Enfeeble having two effects to mitigate Crits.

His hammer hits would have to deal ~3900 damage to be able to hit 5k Crits. While we're at it, it's worth noting that monster Crit chances are fucking terrible btw.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 3, 2016, 7:47:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info