Izaro is making me rage.

"
1453R wrote:
He's got two instagib moves for each weapon - his charge/leap slam and his sword wave/ground smash.

It's worth noting, all of Izaro's moves can be facetanked with just half-decent Physical mitigation. Six ECharges plus Fort is plenty to survive everything during normal play. Enfeeble also helps a bunch, even after the Curse Effect reduction; 11% Less Damage is noticable, and it'll reduce his Crit threat a whole bunch.
Calling them "instagib" moves is highly deceptive.

"
FCK42 wrote:
You have to activate the disruptors to GET RID of the charges. Pretty counterintuitive design if you ask me.

They're disruptors. They disrupt Izaro's Charge buildup. Eh. It made sense to me, but as always YMMV :) Just one of those things.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 30, 2016, 12:03:58 PM
You have to activate the disruptors to GET RID of the charges. Pretty counterintuitive design if you ask me.
As for the ground spikes: in the final arena they can be your friend. They're timed ones that trigger a while after being stepped on. They can block a lot of izaro's attacks (charge, windslash and sunder. Not sure about two-handed smash and leap slam.) once the spikes are out. Win the right timing it's also possible to impale izaro himself on them.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Heh, I suppose. Most all of my characters are Evasion/Acro or similar right-side dodgey glassy things that rely on multi-stacked whiff chances to stay alive. Most of the time, Izaro's stuff just sails right past me, but when I miss a dodge and Izzy hits all his checks...well, I don't live through a ground slam I flubbed getting out from underneath of.

Nevertheless, muhbad.
If you are having trouble with Izaro because he's getting charges... that's your own fault. You can dispel the charges, so he loses them, and then won't have them in the next fight. Same for the curses. Get a warding flask, then destroy the temp chains totem. Izaro CAN be beaten, you just have to play it right.
U MAD?
Yeah, I just did 2nd phase with 1 disruptor left and he left. I can't get a good read on what health he leaves at... Sometimes it feels like 1/2, sometimes it feels like 1/3. But the charges gain so fast, I can't really afford a halfway point.

Still did decent on 3rd phase, despite him having, I think, max charges. I found a decent spot, dropped the Decoy behind him, and threw spells from up close but behind him. But eventually, he teleported me away and I couldn't regain my footing :(
Last edited by ShadyC on Nov 30, 2016, 12:27:19 PM
Got there!

Ok, so, now... I did it on Merciless. It tells me I have 6 ascendancy points. I had thought I get 8, right?
"
ShadyC wrote:
Got there!

"

Ok, so, now... I did it on Merciless. It tells me I have 6 ascendancy points. I had thought I get 8, right?

Points 7 and 8 are in the Endgame Labyrinth, accessible via Offering to the Goddess item after completing all 6 types of Map trials. The trials appear randomly in Maps and each one drops an Offering at the end.

Don't worry, 6 ascendancy points is already a massive power boost compared to 0 ascendancy points :)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Are you able to change a different ascendancy, by any chance? Maybe if you Regret (if possible) back down to 0?
The wiki has an image of Izaro's health at the thresholds. Use those small tick marks on the health bar to gauge when he's about to leave.

Charge disruptors are by far the worst mechanic and I usually just skip the labyrinth on those days until my build is complete.

"
ShadyC wrote:
Are you able to change a different ascendancy, by any chance? Maybe if you Regret (if possible) back down to 0?

Yes, you can choose a new ascendancy if you don't have any ascendancy points allocated. Any version of the labyrinth works for that so you can do the normal labyrinth, reset your ascendancy points and then change. Resetting one ascendancy point costs five refund points, but there's a full passive reset coming on Friday if you can wait until then.
Don't you get a second treasury key if you don't kill any any of Itzaro's allies in fights one and two? And if you kill Argus, you get a third?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info