Izaro is making me rage.

His skulls apparently do over 5500 damage nbd.

And his leap attack might have a crit component, as it is also inconsistently 1-shotting me.

I can only evade for so long. Eventually, I am caught in a cast animation. He is also conveniently tanky.

And every time I fail, I have to dick around these stupid maps all over again.

Rage.

Maybe I'll throw on my 4x Quicksilver's of Adrenaline......
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2016, 7:45:54 PM
Ok, 2nd time beating the first phase... Oh my GOD, that Temporal Chains is dumb AF. Even after the totem dies, it stays on you for 12 years.

Yeah this is now my ascendancy diary.
So, Izaro then.

Curses! The uberCurse when you kill the Hexfont has a limited range - if you're near the edge of the screen, you can simply avoid being affected by the buffed Curse entirely. A Warding flask will make short work of them too.

Izaro himself is slow. This is by far your biggest advantage. Always remember that you're faster in every way (unless he's stacked full of Charges, which is by far the worst arena gimmick :/ ).

The fireball attack hits like a truck, but it's on a pretty decent cooldown. If you haven't seen it in a while, simply get a bit of distance, and keep circle-strafing. Izaro won't be able to hit you, and the fireball barrage will land behind you. It might land a grazing blow, nothing lethal.

For your first couple runs, simply take the time to kite him until he uses a big swing; his charge, overhead slam, the wave, stuff like that. Once he does, take the time to move out the way, then hit him a couple times. If you have a decent pair of Movespeed boots, this will avoid almost all damage, giving you ample time to either Leech, Regen, Flask up, or whatever you prefer.

Once you're more comfortable with Izaro's various attacks, try to keep a relatively close distance. The Goddess only uses her fireball barrage if you're fairly far away - if I'm having a decent fight, I never see the barrage happen.

Temporal Chains and Enfeeble are the best Curses ever, either will hamper Izaro noticably, and both will chump him entirely.
Aquamarines and Stibnite flasks are both incredibly potent. Stibnites are more of a facetanky deal, whereas Aquamarines are suitable for any situation. The Slow will drastically boost the amount of time you have to move out of the way, and land damage on him.

Decoy Totems are incredible.

---------
Grabbing three Quicksilvers is not unheard of - improving your mobility can drastically reduce the threat of all the Damage over Time traps.
Movement Skills always overperform in the lab. I love Warping past entire rooms :P
PoE Lab

This is one of your best friends for dealing with the Lab, mostly because it tells you what Izaro will be doing in it (once enough people have run the Lab that day to update the site for the day's layouts). It'll tell you what his weapon of the day is (i.e. how hard he will hit; 2H Mace is the worst news there), what his arena gimmicks will be (the SupahCurses is "Fonts", beeteedubs. They bite, but only if you don't have a Warding flask), and which traps will be in the final room. They also tell you where Argus is if your build can handle Argus and you want more keys, but the main thing is knowing ahead of time what Izaro will be doing.

If you see 2H mace, charge disruptors, fonts, and whirlygigs/Roombas in the final room? Maybe skip Lab that day. Sword/shield, gargoyles/lieutenants and portals, and lava floors? Git'cher farmin' boots on.
Oh man, that's got a "D3 greater rift" RNG vibe to it.

Yeah the extra strong Temporal on me is wrecking me, I move like 1 frame a second and get plowed.

I had reached the 3rd fight on an earlier run, and he had full charges. Is that a daily random, or a per-run random? It also had the floor spikes that stun you covering about 70-80% of the map, so I just... couldn't do anything.

I used to run Stone Golem with Minion Life, but he seems to almost never taunt. And bosses never keep aggro on him (even when I drop aggro with Phase Run, as soon as I do ANYTHING to a boss again, I regain aggro).

Then I spent the last bit of my Chaos Orbs getting new gems. I got a lvl 16 20% qual Decoy, a lvl 1 20% qual Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance, and I got a level 3 Enhance. Beyond having a higher base Decoy level, it's the strongest gemming I can possibly do for my Decoy. And it pays off, as it can sometimes tank Izaro for a good 10 seconds even. That lets me get a lot of DPS in between the skull barrages.

The 2nd fight is pretty easy, as long as I manage everything right.

The 1st fight is wrecking me and it's driving me batshit insane with that stupid Super Temporal. I'll start Altering a Flask.

The 3rd fight might be impossible though, if I gotta deal with those charges and an 80% stunning floor. He just eats my Totem, and I have nowhere to run to and he then eats me. Let ALONE trying to time my DPS between his skull bombs, jesus.

Looks hopeless from here. I wanted to knock this ascendancy thing out today since I've been playing for a while without even reading up on it. But maybe I have to wait another day & see :/
Last edited by ShadyC on Nov 30, 2016, 11:21:25 AM
"
ShadyC wrote:

I had reached the 3rd fight on an earlier run, and he had full charges. Is that a daily random, or a per-run random?

I think you got the right idea there, the type of mechanic in each stage is daily random, as is Izaro's weapon of choice, but the strength of the mechanic is based on how well you performed it in the previous stage.

If by "full charges" you mean the orange balls that are erased by Charge Disruptors, he has exactly the number of Charges that you left on him when Charge Disruptor were available. (Charge Disruptors are the cage tower things if you don't have item highlight permanently on).

You can check Izaro's wiki page for a full breakdown of how to "erase" each mechanic from following stages. You generally havr to "defeat" the mechanic before taking Izaro down to his next health threshold. For example on gargoyle days you would want to make sure all 3 gargoyles are dead before wailing on Izaro if you want easier fights later. For Essence days, kill all 3 essences. For the life regen idols, make sure none of them ever reach Full life - that's one where you want to take down Izaro right away instead of waiting, although it usually takes some juggling of targets.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
ShadyC wrote:
Yeah the extra strong Temporal on me is wrecking me, I move like 1 frame a second and get plowed.

If you don't have an anticurse flask and you allow all three fonts to come up the trick is in the sequence. Izaro fight is about dodging stuff so temporal chains is the most dangerous one and you don't want the empowered version of it on you along with the other two half strength.

So, you should destroy physical or elemental totem first, running around until it expires and the follow it with another one, Izaro can still be successfully dodged with half strength temp chains on. Afer you get rid of them go for temp chains, you might take a few hits there but at least you won't be cursed with the other two so they shouldn't be lethal.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The idea in the third fight is that there's a smaller area right around Izaro's spawn hole where there aren't any traps, and usually some safe alleyways between trap clusters extending in four directions from that. Stick to those zones, and if you have to run over spike traps, don't stop moving. There's a delay on their activation once you trip them, so you can evade Izaro over spike traps but you can't fight on those spots.

As Viper said, stick close to Izaro and you avoid the Goddess' godawful clusterbomings entirely, provided you can stay on top of avoiding Izaro's own swings. He's got two instagib moves for each weapon - his charge/leap slam and his sword wave/ground smash. Both have wind-ups for days - the idea is to either attack until he starts winding up and then quickly Whirling Blades or something to his rear facing (if you have a very quick-casting/quick-moving character that can stop attacking and move on a dime like that) or you dance around him and bait out those moves, after which you have free windows to pound him on slower characters.

All of this goes out the window if Izaro has charges, which are sort of like Izaro-specific frenzy charges that are actually war meth. Heavily-charged Izaro is flat-out terrifying, and even his basic autoattacks can deal massive damage if he's charged up. I would read up on the wiki carefully on charge disruptors, and if you're trying to do Uberlab and burning Goddess tokens, I would stop doing that and maybe wait until the charge disruptors go away. I believe daily changeover for the lab is somewhere around seven or eight, U.S. central? I forget the exact timepoint in New Zealand, someone more educated than me can likely confirm it though.
Very helpful, thanks guys!

Well I just beat Izaro on phase 2 and I think he had full charges. So I guess that means he'll be a killing machine in phase 3?

I have no living fuck clue how the disruptors work, LMAO. I'll have to read up on it.
"
ShadyC wrote:
Very helpful, thanks guys!

Well I just beat Izaro on phase 2 and I think he had full charges. So I guess that means he'll be a killing machine in phase 3?

I have no living fuck clue how the disruptors work, LMAO. I'll have to read up on it.

Activate a disruptor (click on it), and it eliminates all of Izaro's charges. That disruptor is then used up and cannot be activated again. If you use all three disruptors and he builds up charges again before you zonk him, you're stuck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info