Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

People whine about Cospris nerf. You are whining about nerfing a build that trivializes all game content. That is actually pretty sad that now you can't jerk off to 1 shot full screen movement skill anymore. Oh wait you still can, because it's 1 shot remember? You don't need the 3 extra cast per second anyway since 1 is enough. Also no bullshit about other cold spell like FP or GC or vortex because in reality you only buy Cospri for COC Discharge.

People might find it contradicting here but while I find Cospris nerf was on point, Mjonir nerf was unnecessary simply because of the item requirement. Mjonir required 300 more stats to be equipped compare to Cospris. It is also Str based which is very difficult to fit in a crit capped build, i.e Assassin.

Cry Cry Cry, I play braindead Cospri and get to level 100 and I'm good at video games. Now it's slightly nerfed and I'm not good at video games anymore? Save me a fucking Twinkie.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
Omg omg, the changes to SRS just made me wet my pants! Freaking awesome!
"
mustash wrote:
"
"
DirePenguin wrote:

Explain how nerfing the only viable builds into slightly less viable builds keeps the game fresh?

Well calling the most OP META builds the only VIABLE builds in a game this complicated is kind of my point. I think you meant to say they made the most OP META cheese builds slightly less overpowered and cheesey

The ONLY viable builds. You hear that guys? ALLLL of the viable builds are now dead. We might as well pack it in and quit now because EVERY SINGLE VIABLE BUILD is dead. Screw looking at the new unique items. There isn't going to be anything that is viable. You mean to tell me that I have to play a game that challenges me!? NO.

...Get real. The fact that you said "the only viable builds" leads me to believe that you think that you are incapable of coming up with your own builds and solely rely on streamers to tell you what to play. Good work, you're basic.

If you can't face tank Shaper while spamming 100% up-time potions, its not viable, clearly.

Wait... you mean I'm supposed to actually move from stuff that's trying to kill me? Seriously?
I'm allowed to spend more than 2 minutes per map? Na, your joking...
Hard to accept, right?
"
mustash wrote:
The ONLY viable builds. You hear that guys? ALLLL of the viable builds are now dead. We might as well pack it in and quit now because EVERY SINGLE VIABLE BUILD is dead. Screw looking at the new unique items. There isn't going to be anything that is viable. You mean to tell me that I have to play a game that challenges me!? NO.

tldr; if I cannot cheese the game, I rather quit !!!

Nice mentality ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"Ancestral Warchief now does 10% less damage at all levels. Fixed behaviour with the center of the slam being significantly further away than the totem's melee range. The skill now has +10 melee range at all levels, and the slam will always be centered at melee range away from the totem."

I'll admit I'm a bit new to totems. 10% less damage doesn't seem too bad. Is the slam fix what was making this skill OP? What's the +10 melee range do?

"Blade Flurry's "More attack speed" modifier has been reduced from 65% more to 60% more attack speed at all levels. Blade Flurry's targeting range has been reduced by 16.6%, and the damage radius of slashes has been reduced by 14.2%."

What are they talking about with its targeting range? This doesn't seem like much of a nerf.

"
habeo wrote:
People whine about Cospris nerf. You are whining about nerfing a build that trivializes all game content. That is actually pretty sad that now you can't jerk off to 1 shot full screen movement skill anymore. Oh wait you still can, because it's 1 shot remember? You don't need the 3 extra cast per second anyway since 1 is enough. Also no bullshit about other cold spell like FP or GC or vortex because in reality you only buy Cospri for COC Discharge.

People might find it contradicting here but while I find Cospris nerf was on point, Mjonir nerf was unnecessary simply because of the item requirement. Mjonir required 300 more stats to be equipped compare to Cospris. It is also Str based which is very difficult to fit in a crit capped build, i.e Assassin.

Cry Cry Cry, I play braindead Cospri and get to level 100 and I'm good at video games. Now it's slightly nerfed and I'm not good at video games anymore? Save me a fucking Twinkie.

I guess the problem here is the fact that they add stuff to the game without testing it gets F*cked and add then they add another item that does the same.

Makes no sense at all, if mjolner was such a problem and had to be nerfed like 4x maybe more, why the hell would you add another weapon that it's even better?
Last edited by SupaMF on Nov 29, 2016, 11:29:33 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
mustash wrote:

tldr; if I cannot cheese the game, I rather quit !!!

Nice mentality ....

I'm assuming you are taking me out of context. That is the raging mentality on this forum for balancing their favorite build.
"
Harest wrote:
"
[...] it deals 30% more damage per active blade.
Nice x190 multiplier there . This is a buff.

Otherwise, seems okay. A little sad to see some changes due to servers cost but that's how it goes. Some nice changes here and there, some less welcomed (not a fan of the new painful maps mods for instance).

Well, yeah... I also thought that but I interpreted that as a single more damage buff equal to 30%*num of active blades, not individual 30% more damage buffs for each blade lol... The wording however leads to your interpretation, of course.
"
DirePenguin wrote:
"
"
DirePenguin wrote:

Explain how nerfing the only viable builds into slightly less viable builds keeps the game fresh?

Well calling the most OP META builds the only VIABLE builds in a game this complicated is kind of my point. I think you meant to say they made the most OP META cheese builds slightly less overpowered and cheesey

Doesn't answer my question. How does making those builds less OP and cheesy (while completely ruining others), and still not bringing under-performing builds up to par, make the game fresh?

If anything, this patch just reduced the number of (semi)viable builds. This makes the game fresh in the same manner leaving milk outside in the sun for a week will make your usual morning cereal experience fresh.

You should try a self found no youtube guide build next league. You may be surprised what you find in this game.......

55 NEW UNIQUE ITEMS! CHANNELED SKILLS! fuck that one build ziggyd did last league got nerfed. I FUCKING QUIT!
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Last edited by southsidepopper on Nov 29, 2016, 11:30:39 PM

"
Wait... you mean I'm supposed to actually move from stuff that's trying to kill me? Seriously?
I'm allowed to spend more than 2 minutes per map? Na, your joking...
Hard to accept, right?

Man, not being able to maintain my 20% leech from vintards 100% of the time is going to make this game impossible to play. And if blade vortex is slightly changed, how will I ever do damage? Sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info