Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

Mjölner : ....... again really ?
I see a lot of complaining about nerfs, and buffs etc. And I won't comment on Cospri's Malice and Mjölner cause frankly I never used them. However I will state this.

A: The ability to have 100% flask charges 100% of the time was OP... Super OP... It made pretty much every build on the planet OP. Blade Vortex just happened to get the most benefit. I'm honestly glad they nerfed that.

B: The Energy from Within, Grand Spectrum, and Facebreaker uniques I think personally shouldn't have been nerfed. Facebreakers were powerful, however that was kinda the idea due to the fact that they provide literally no defensive bonus whatsoever. Grand Spectrum was rarely used that I saw, and the Energy from Within jewels I honestly feel that it was just poking a bit at the community. (Edit - Although you asked for an ES nerf... sooo...)

C: While everyone's complaining about these build changes, they forget that the environment is changing as well. Essences have been added giving a lot of rares the abilities of uniques. And now they're adding in 55 NEW uniques. Next thing you know, a new unique will be found that becomes the next meta build.

D: Also, one thing that I can say I see GGG trending towards, and I don't particularly blame them although I don't particularly enjoy it. GGG is trending towards reducing server loads, mainly because over time their server loads have gone up exponentially. For discharges, COC, and similar builds they were utter pain on the server. I use an SRS build and with a support nearby, and another SRS we could crash any instance we wanted to at any time. These are issues and problems that shouldn't happen. They are doing their best to reduce server load in general, trying to make the game less laggy for both the servers and the people. Needless to say in these changes some old fashions of playing, and skills may have to be clipped.

E: As the person above me stated. There is always going to be a Meta Build. PoE has infinite diversity, and that is what makes it great. People are always going to come back to it cause unlike all the other RPG's I have seen, it has infinite replayablity. In this last league that was the CI_BV_PF. It was OP, and could do pretty much anything. That changed... get ready for another set of letters and a new gameplay style.

I have been here for a long time, while not as long as many. I have seen many meta builds come and go. Many OP builds nerfed. Many styles of gameplay come and go, and I relished them all.

I look forward to this new league, as well as the changes.
With this I may really enjoy totems!
Last edited by Duran_Fauxe on Nov 29, 2016, 11:33:52 PM
Cast on channeling seems like a nice buff for blight and scorching ray. Would love to see its impact. Because now you have spells that triggers spells beside curses.
I think i now know what I will play first...
Depression hits hard when you find out they nerfed Cospri's, although it was needed :-(
"

You should try a self found no youtube guide build next league. You may be surprised what you find in this game.......

55 NEW UNIQUE ITEMS! CHANNELED SKILLS! fuck that one build ziggyd did last league got nerfed. I FUCKING QUIT!

People laugh at me when i tell them i play self-found!
"
SupaMF wrote:
"
habeo wrote:
People whine about Cospris nerf. You are whining about nerfing a build that trivializes all game content. That is actually pretty sad that now you can't jerk off to 1 shot full screen movement skill anymore. Oh wait you still can, because it's 1 shot remember? You don't need the 3 extra cast per second anyway since 1 is enough. Also no bullshit about other cold spell like FP or GC or vortex because in reality you only buy Cospri for COC Discharge.

People might find it contradicting here but while I find Cospris nerf was on point, Mjonir nerf was unnecessary simply because of the item requirement. Mjonir required 300 more stats to be equipped compare to Cospris. It is also Str based which is very difficult to fit in a crit capped build, i.e Assassin.

Cry Cry Cry, I play braindead Cospri and get to level 100 and I'm good at video games. Now it's slightly nerfed and I'm not good at video games anymore? Save me a fucking Twinkie.

I guess the problem here is the fact that they add stuff to the game without testing it get F*cked and add another item that does the same.

Makes no sense at all, if mjolner was such a problem and had to be nerfed like 4x maybe more, why the hell would you add another weapon that it's even better?

I agree that such weapon like Mjonir should not be added to the game anymore since it will make people take trivializing contents for granted, and when hammer came they felt betrayed. Its part of GGG fault for the shitshow in the first place, and fixing it triggers lots of people. However I would say fixing it now is better than having another shitshow in future leagues.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
"
They nerf super OP meta builds for a reason y'all. Are we going to have to go through this same crybaby bullshit every major patch notes? There is a reason why it is called "SKILL BALANCE" If some skills/items/stats are way outperforming others, it is in the games best interest to nerf them instead of just buffing everything else to match it. It keeps the game fresh and otherwise you would have something beyond power 'creep'.

I do see your point and I completely agree that buffing everything to BV level of power is not the answer, so of couse nerf the OP stuff... However, I do think that they should buff things that are underwhelming at the moment (and GAWD there are many of those) so that more builds and skills become viable... There are many builds that can kill Shaper with enough skill, but there are many skills that can't be optimized to beat the Shaper no matter how skilled you are. It's ok for some builds to be unable to kill Shaper if they excell in something else, but skills that are crappy for map clearing, boss killing, farming, AoE and single target sounds like balance failures to me. BALANCE is about nerfing overpowered stuff and buffing underpowered stuff.
"
Chalace wrote:
"

You should try a self found no youtube guide build next league. You may be surprised what you find in this game.......

55 NEW UNIQUE ITEMS! CHANNELED SKILLS! fuck that one build ziggyd did last league got nerfed. I FUCKING QUIT!

Yea man, you must be terrible at this game. You play 100% solo and don't trade? God...

Of course I'm joking. I have the most respect in the world for that because there is no way I would want to.
"
habeo wrote:
"
SupaMF wrote:
"
habeo wrote:
People whine about Cospris nerf. You are whining about nerfing a build that trivializes all game content. That is actually pretty sad that now you can't jerk off to 1 shot full screen movement skill anymore. Oh wait you still can, because it's 1 shot remember? You don't need the 3 extra cast per second anyway since 1 is enough. Also no bullshit about other cold spell like FP or GC or vortex because in reality you only buy Cospri for COC Discharge.

People might find it contradicting here but while I find Cospris nerf was on point, Mjonir nerf was unnecessary simply because of the item requirement. Mjonir required 300 more stats to be equipped compare to Cospris. It is also Str based which is very difficult to fit in a crit capped build, i.e Assassin.

Cry Cry Cry, I play braindead Cospri and get to level 100 and I'm good at video games. Now it's slightly nerfed and I'm not good at video games anymore? Save me a fucking Twinkie.

I guess the problem here is the fact that they add stuff to the game without testing it get F*cked and add another item that does the same.

Makes no sense at all, if mjolner was such a problem and had to be nerfed like 4x maybe more, why the hell would you add another weapon that it's even better?

I agree that such weapon like Mjonir should not be added to the game anymore since it will make people take trivializing contents for granted, and when hammer came they felt betrayed. Its part of GGG fault for the shitshow in the first place, and fixing it triggers lots of people. However I would say fixing it now is better than having another shitshow in future leagues.

No, you've missed the point.

They had mjolner, then nerfed it a lot and after that added Cospris that is even better.

That's the reason I said that makes no sense to add stuff without testing and then adding another that is just like the past mistake.

XD

It's like "oh, we've made a mistake" ... "let's do it again!"
Last edited by SupaMF on Nov 29, 2016, 11:42:25 PM
"
Chalace wrote:
"

5 minutes a month? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info