Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

When is Blade Vortex going to receive a nerf?
If an unused screaming essence of woe keeps its old legacy value, will the shrieking result from a vendor recipe be the new or old ES value if you vendor 3x screaming after the patch?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I don't really think this is a good idea, it may be bad to add so much stuff into core game.
"
Vhlad wrote:
Are existing unused essence of woe and insanity becoming legacy or only the items already crafted with them?

It is good question.
Atleast let decay scale with chaos / poison / damage over time, one of them, so builds that focus on this kinda damage still feel beneficial with decay.

If I can scale the elemental essences, why not decay?
Very good decision, IMHO.

I've enjoyed seeing the Prophecy content added to the core game, even if I haven't used Prophecies nearly as much as I could have, and I'll be enjoying Essences in Breach.

At least, it's going to save our Alchs at the beginning of the next league ! :D
"
Flavourius wrote:
I really don't get why Essence was so well received as a league mechanic:
- Only some rares with some new skills to offer, no new unique bosses
- Most of the Essences are trash anyway, only a handful can be used effectively for deep crafting
- It's absurd that you have to allocate at least half of a stash tab just to keep every essence you'll find for future upgrades, either we get an Essence stash tab for free or don't implement it at all into core game (something like with silver coins with currency stash tabs)

The levelling process is much easier if you know what you are doing with your essences. Getting ready to maps got faster too; this also reflects on the market where you can find great pieces for less, as the market get's saturated of 90%+ total elemental resistance items. Just some instances where they are useful.

And I just use one of my stashes for this

TL; DR Essences rocks

Cool essences are coming back, tuned also!

Can we expect to see talisman back please, i missed those encounters
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
"
Vhlad wrote:
Are existing unused essence of woe and insanity becoming legacy or only the items already crafted with them?

It is good question.

This needs to be answered...

Same with insanity.

We have to use all our essence of woe and insanity now???? or not?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
--Path of Inventory Management--

Seriously guys, this is getting out of hand. I don't want to throw insults around but I'm starting to feel like I spend more time moving things around in my inventory/stash/vendor than engaging with combat and game mechanics. I feel like you may be alienating new players if you keep going this way. I know if I started the game fresh today, I probably would not continue to play and support the game, as the lack of stash space feels like a big "fuck you" to new players. In closed beta, you could probably get by with 4 stash tabs, but not anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info