Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

Glad these made it into the core game.

Does this mean woe essences will be legacy currency?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 21, 2016, 4:41:28 PM
Aka Cream of wheat.
Saved
I really don't get why Essence was so well received as a league mechanic:
- Only some rares with some new skills to offer, no new unique bosses
- Most of the Essences are trash anyway, only a handful can be used effectively for deep crafting
- It's absurd that you have to allocate at least half of a stash tab just to keep every essence you'll find for future upgrades, either we get an Essence stash tab for free or don't implement it at all into core game (something like with silver coins with currency stash tabs)
Coming soon! A currency stash tab for essences. I don't like it. It's getting to a point where there's way to much clutter to sort like someone else said.
"We are reducing the Decay damage from Essence of Delirium. This will be retroactive, as it will affect all instances of Decay."

Old going to be legacy or you cut all of them?

Goodbye my CA old friend im gonna miss u
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Nov 21, 2016, 4:59:07 PM
Yes, I also aprove this. In my opinion essences add a whole new craft experience to the game specially when we're talking about leveling and beginning of a new league.

It is very good for new players too, those thousands of players that are coming to PoE after D3 is oficially dead, they can start a league getting some essences and crafting good weapons early in the game instead of waiting level 70 to drop something good or just quit and unistall the game before hit merciles cause they're sucking hard without any good item around ( what happens more often unfortunately ).

In my opinion:

-> Essences encounters should be more often while leveling, during campaign, and doesn't really matter the tiers of essences. I mean, tier 2, 3 will be good already if players can just get a good one desired roll that they're needing.

-> And essences encounters should be more rare while mapping, but always with high tiers essences. Nobody want find essences Tier 1 while playing T15 maps. Do not do that. Thanks.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Nov 21, 2016, 4:55:58 PM
I'm glad to see Essences return, and that you're cutting off the lower tiers from dropping past a certain point in the game. Essence drops in maps felt like they were always tier 2 or 3, and therefore hardly worth using on the items that dropped.
Identity is cheap. Reputation is priceless.

Retired Let's Player.
Retired HC player.
Still a SSF hipster build player who loves Ruthless.
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
"We are reducing the Decay damage from Essence of Delirium. This will be retroactive, as it will affect all instances of Decay."

Old going to be legacy or you cut all of them?

Since it is retroactive, there will be no legacy version.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I hope they nerf Woe by like 20%, having an essence being so prolific that it completely shifted the meta single-handedly is a bad thing. Not to mention that Greed was garbage in comparison.

I'm actually glad that that ES was meta tho, made amazing life gear dirt cheap.

EDIT: Except boots, boots were ungodly expencive this league. 20 MS boots, minimum 20c(atleast the 3 weeks I played they were)
Last edited by LorewynGaming on Nov 21, 2016, 5:02:34 PM
Good news as it increases build possibilities

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info