Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

GGG obviously says to community - 'Buy more dat f#cking stash tabs or go to hell, coz we making money here, my little kids. Muhaha' ))
"
Damirko wrote:
RIP stash tabs for the new and f2p players.
I think 1-2 patch with content like this and it will be unplayable for them. Most of the new players will leave PoE, because it looks like "pay to win".
Please do not ruin this game.

Nope, let me rephrase that :
You think people enjoying the game care about your opinion if premium stash tabs are pay to win or not. And the answer is of course no which you can't understand in a world thay evolves around you where you make irrelevant posts and repeatedly annoy normal players. Not one new player will think how you want them to think (and how you want GGG to fail). Leave this game please, why are you torturing yourself playing this terrible terrible game and even posting on a forum of a terrible terrible company that scam players by giving a feature to stash tabs !

"
khanlid wrote:
Oh Great, that's fucking Great! In Essences League the average was 1 every 2 maps and we had only trash, now there will be less trash but we'll never see them. Why do you bother with it ggg, remove it at least we won't be trolled.

This is one of the biggest problems of this game: you have plenty of good things/encounters (tormented spirits, strongbox, Vaal Area for example) but we only see them while pexing a character. Once we begin maps nothing exist anymore (or almost). And you do the same with the mechanics specific of a league.

Not sure what you have been doing but certainly not playing the game. I think the average Essence pack per map is close to 2, this means you will see a pack every 3 maps in the future, that's not so bad considering the lowest tiers won't appear in maps anymore either. Also making things more rare can make them more exciting, more valuable. Also have you thought about the fact that if they just leave every league mechanic as it is, the game would be a total mess? I guess not because you have no sense of anything whatsoever. It actually hurts quoting impulsive idiotic statements, why did I do this.

This being said, I like the way essences will be implemented, but changes to those rare special essences raise my eyebrows. I have played a TON this league, and I have managed to get 4 or 5 special essences while corrupting (I used all the corrupted essence I found myself, must be close to 80-90?). Even in the last week of the league there are people that didn't get the challenge done by themselves because they are so rare. Tthe corrupted essences will be extremely rare, which makes us corrupt less (yes this is a multiplier :p) The chance one of the special ones appear when corrupted will be so rare the average player won't see one in 3 months. So my question is why bother changing them? No one except a microscopic few will be rolling an item with them if their value will be exalts each.
Last edited by leto2626 on Nov 22, 2016, 10:27:20 PM
"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Damirko wrote:
RIP stash tabs for the new and f2p players.
I think 1-2 patch with content like this and it will be unplayable for them. Most of the new players will leave PoE, because it looks like "pay to win".
Please do not ruin this game.

Nope, let me rephrase that :
You think people enjoying the game care about your opinion if premium stash tabs are pay to win or not. And the answer is of course no which you can't understand in a world thay evolves around you where you make irrelevant posts and repeatedly annoy normal players. Not one new player will think how you want them to think (and how you want GGG to fail). Leave this game please, why are you torturing yourself playing this terrible terrible game and even posting on a forum of a terrible terrible company that scam players by giving a feature to stash tabs !

"
khanlid wrote:
Oh Great, that's fucking Great! In Essences League the average was 1 every 2 maps and we had only trash, now there will be less trash but we'll never see them. Why do you bother with it ggg, remove it at least we won't be trolled.

This is one of the biggest problems of this game: you have plenty of good things/encounters (tormented spirits, strongbox, Vaal Area for example) but we only see them while pexing a character. Once we begin maps nothing exist anymore (or almost). And you do the same with the mechanics specific of a league.

Not sure what you have been doing but certainly not playing the game. I think the average Essence pack per map is close to 2, this means you will see a pack every 3 maps in the future, that's not so bad considering the lowest tiers won't appear in maps anymore either. Also making things more rare can make them more exciting, more valuable. Also have you thought about the fact that if they just leave every league mechanic as it is, the game would be a total mess? I guess not because you have no sense of anything whatsoever. It actually hurts quoting impulsive idiotic statements, why did I do this.

This being said, I like the way essences will be implemented, but changes to those rare special essences raise my eyebrows. I have played a TON this league, and I have managed to get 4 or 5 special essences while corrupting (I used all the corrupted essence I found myself, must be close to 80-90?). Even in the last week of the league there are people that didn't get the challenge done by themselves because they are so rare. Tthe corrupted essences will be extremely rare, which makes us corrupt less (yes this is a multiplier :p) The chance one of the special ones appear when corrupted will be so rare the average player won't see one in 3 months. So my question is why bother changing them? No one except a microscopic few will be rolling an item with them if their value will be exalts each.

i just had to login to comment on this.
i played poe since beta. im a f2p player. i quit poe 20 times now (not for good, but long breaks).
every single time i take a huge break from poe is when my stash and tons of alts get filled with good stuff (not random uniques), and the tetris game gets too tedious.

i dont want to get into semantics here wheter they do this shit to boost up their stash tab sales, or its just their direction in developement to have tons of different mats, but i think its quite obvious whats the reason... i mean stacks of 9, 10, 20... one word - lame.

i like poe, dont get me wrong. and as much as i like it, i hate it. would it hurt them so much to give an additional tab if you reach certain threshold in leagues (like d3 does it), or increase stack sizes to hundreds, or even thousands? well i guess it would hurt their wallet... and here things start to move slightly towards not exactly p2w, but something in between pay to have fun or play free and suffer.

its a loot game, and most fun part of the game should be collecting stuff and craft and use different wonderful orb mechanics poe has. for f2p its nearly impossible. and if you manage to do it, you are gimped for sure (not that its a competition or anything, but for me, and im sure many f2p players like me, the game is more tedious with limited inv and tons of different mats, than it is fun)...

not to mention essences graphics look like shit. not in the spirit of the game at all, they look futuristic and totally out of place. but that's irrelevant...
Last edited by sluz on Nov 23, 2016, 2:57:44 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
As the overall benefits were positive, we wanted to keep the Essence items in Path of Exile, though at a lower frequency. The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was. We'll be keeping the encounters as the means for getting essences, as they add interesting fights throughout the game.

This sounds like a horrible thing to have happen to essences. With so many different types of them and a small drop rate we will just have a bunch of varying colours and 0 practical use for them. A 1/6th nerf sounds better.
"
Qarl wrote:

There were several balance tweaks we wanted to make to the mods offered by essences:
For all but the Decay effect, old values on existing items will be stay the same.

As usal: 0.001% played as white ppl, made OP 100Exa builds/items & now all new in game must be nerfed because other players "can do the same". NO, THEY CANT & NEVER COULD, they just can look at 300Exa items at trade chat. Nah, fk it, "gj". Path of Legacy should be named.
IGN:Baka_Sensei
My Little Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/263282
"
sluz wrote:

its a loot game, and most fun part of the game should be collecting stuff and craft and use different wonderful orb mechanics poe has. for f2p its nearly impossible. and if you manage to do it, you are gimped for sure (not that its a competition or anything, but for me, and im sure many f2p players like me, the game is more tedious with limited inv and tons of different mats, than it is fun)...

not to mention essences graphics look like shit. not in the spirit of the game at all, they look futuristic and totally out of place. but that's irrelevant...

F2P isn't "impossible", it just takes longer. Gimped compared to what? If you mean gimped compared to those 300ex builds that are killing Shaper in less than a minute, then sure. Where do you think those players started out though? I'll give you a hint: They certainly didn't get those exalts by sitting around complaining on the forums. They started at the beginning, just like you and me. :)

I'm definitely not killing Shaper with my build, but I think that for a budget build, I'm not doing too badly. Just hang in there. You might learn to appreciate this game better without having to spend a crap ton of exalts. You'll start getting gear that sells well, and eventually you'll be able to buy the gear you want. Just last night I dropped a white 5l Karui Maul that chanced into a Marohi I'll use for my upcoming Fire EQ build. If you enjoy this game so much, just play it. You'll get to where those players are eventually.

That goes for you too Baka.
Last edited by MimSiE on Nov 23, 2016, 12:37:57 PM
"
leto2626 wrote:

First, don't be rude.
Then don't think that what you have lived in this league (or even game) is what everyone had. I guess you are also one of the very few people who got more than 2 Silver Coins per evening during this league (my guild is an average of 7 players and just one had this luck).
When I say I had 1 pack every 2 maps of course it's an average, sometimes I had 2 to 4 packs, often none (like silver coins but switch the word "map" with "day").
Finally yes I thought about this, and that's why they removed many of this mecanics. But the matter is that most of the remaining ones are present mainly before maps, and where you need them to get the most boring gameplay (map farming) funnier they almost disappear (strongboxes are exceptions). For Essences you forget also that we won't see them often but will still need tons of it in order to hope getting an average item (not even a good one, it's random man).
Look what they did to Silver Coins, they are so rare that even in 2 month I got only 2 fragments for the Council (and thanks to RNGesus that gives only trash prophecy)
"
khanlid wrote:

First, don't be rude.
Then don't think that what you have lived in this league (or even game) is what everyone had. I guess you are also one of the very few people who got more than 2 Silver Coins per evening during this league (my guild is an average of 7 players and just one had this luck).
When I say I had 1 pack every 2 maps of course it's an average, sometimes I had 2 to 4 packs, often none (like silver coins but switch the word "map" with "day").
Finally yes I thought about this, and that's why they removed many of this mecanics. But the matter is that most of the remaining ones are present mainly before maps, and where you need them to get the most boring gameplay (map farming) funnier they almost disappear (strongboxes are exceptions). For Essences you forget also that we won't see them often but will still need tons of it in order to hope getting an average item (not even a good one, it's random man).
Look what they did to Silver Coins, they are so rare that even in 2 month I got only 2 fragments for the Council (and thanks to RNGesus that gives only trash prophecy)

It's hard for me to imagine how one doesn't get at least two silver coins in an evening, but then again, RNG is RNG. I stopped spending my silver coins mid-league and ended up with this:

Unavailable

And again, I would keep spending silver coins up to mid-league. So my total would probably be closer tob 80 or so, + or - a few. There's quite a few people here I know got more than I did. I'm not discouraged. In fact, I'm happy for them that they got to experience the prophecies on such a deep level. It's RNG, and sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you. That's just life in Wraeclast, my fellow Exile!

Only advice I can give you is to start playing the game more and farm blue/yellow maps. You probably already know that tho. I also notice more drop in mid to high-tier maps, where you can get higher quantity/rarity rolls.
Last edited by MimSiE on Nov 23, 2016, 1:01:33 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
MimSiE wrote:

That goes for you too Baka.

If U didnt get what Im talking about:
while they nerf everything that can make OP 0.001% of players, while they making items "legacy-or-useless", there are some much more bigger unballanced mechanics in game (that relating to all 100% of players), like a "permanent immunity to smthn" of bosses. that makes an AWFUL thing with game:"U can play by 1000 ways but if U dont go one of this 3 then U wont be able to finish game" :/ Exellent! GGGreat decision to make a bottleneck from sologaming!
Most of ppl playing solo & have no chance cause of this, "ty" again and again for that.
But rly, who cares? Better to nerf smthn new.
IGN:Baka_Sensei
My Little Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/263282

just in time for the nerf
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info