Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

"
"
vio wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
During the league, both newer and experienced players used essences extensively.

really? wow.

i played the league 4 hours/day and got ONE highest essence of every type as well as 4 horror and 2 delirium from corruptions.

i used 3 horror and one of the other t7 essence on items and realised it's basically a alchemy orb with one guaranteed property. didn't get one good roll and stopped.

i do trust your telemetry results as my experience is just a personal one. but it would really be interesting to know what percentage of players used all these t7 essences? i mean i applied massses of essences, the lowest 3 tiers on jewelery to get regals.

making essences 1/6th of their former spawn rate you could as well just have buried it behind a zana mod.

---

i suspect the real problem being trading and the accumulation of t7 essences in the hands of a chosen few power players who are so rich that they can mass spam them on ilevel 84+ items.

tl;dr essence fights were a nice addition to the game, they spiced up the gameplay alot, essence drops were a nice little gratification but essences themselves are just good to look at because they were really nicely colored and served my ocd well.

A lot of folks, including myself, used the lower tier essences to get rings/ammys/belts for chaos recipes.

bolded it for you :)

actually i'm pissed and i don't even know why, league has been the most successful for me since i started poe. it's just that essences didn't contribute a bit to it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Qarl wrote:
The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

[Removed by Support] Do you remember what happened to Prophecy content when you gave it this treatment? It was as if it did not exist.

Now you are giving content that has a large loot table and another layer of RNG for the crafting itself the same treatment. Let me get out my crystal ball here and predict the future for you.

Wooooooo...I see threads, many threads! They are...?...yes complaining...hmmm...yes, they are complaining about how useless this content is because the drop rates are too loooooow!

When will you learn that there is so little god damned content in standard that if you put in mechanics from the next 5 leagues in it might, just might provide enough end game content for people to enjoy. You keep giving that stupid cop-out argument of "we don't want to distract players from the core game!" well you know, there isn't much to the core game so you better get on those distractions.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Nov 21, 2016, 7:35:39 PM
Legacy essences. Hmm.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Yes!!!!!!! SO MUCH YES!!

Essence League was my favorite League of them all, and I've always expected some new content to craft, and specially what the Essences offered me. Thank you a lot GGG, even if Essences were Exalted Rarity I wouldn't mind haha, better with them than without them =)
Dream with me !
Yay more pointless crap to go in our stash tabs!!!

As someone who hated this league and found it boring and so very dull, this comes as quite a shock. Though I dont know the numbers I am willing to bet that a lot less people craft than people who do, and this seems like a sad attempt to get more people into crafting that I doubt will have any affect as it has had no effect on me whatsoever, for me this league was like playing standard HC and was a big let down all over, and to now have it added as a core game mechanic is a big slap in the face as my favourite league to date, Talisman a league which added so much diversity on all playing fields (rares, uniques, bosses and even lore) was painfully removed from the game.

This has been the only league to date that I have truely not enjoyed at all and I doubt I'm alone when I say I'm unhappy about this being added into our core game.

P.S. add Talisman to the core game....
For the vast majority of essences I think this is a good thing but...

I feel like this could become a problem if farming essences becomes too profitable so we'll see.

Like essence of Woe being 6x less common is going to raise it's price by a good amount.
And they are already pretty expensive considering how common they were.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Nov 21, 2016, 8:15:49 PM
Guess its time to exalt all these bebs i have stashed, they are going to make daddy rich

Awesome!
Elder Wand Power!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Tortillaboy wrote:
"
Jackalex36 wrote:

We have to use all our essence of woe and insanity now???? or not?

Still needs answering

"For all but the Decay effect, old values on existing items will be stay the same. Using a Divine Orb will reroll them to the new values."

I think the question was wether or not we get legacy essences, e.g. will a Deafening Essence of Woe that dropped before the patch still roll in its old value range after patch.

If we don't get another answer in here: I'm pretty sure there won't be legacy essences. They are essentialy a type of currency with fixed properties. GGG can update these things without having to mess with the item database, which should mean everything gets updated.
Gracias GGG, gracias...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info