2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Ele focus with inc burning damage?

Yes. They both boost our damage and we're not igniting anyway, so why not?

i thought about going ignite. Dunno if ignite would cause more damage.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Ele focus with inc burning damage?

Yes. They both boost our damage and we're not igniting anyway, so why not?

i thought about going ignite. Dunno if ignite would cause more damage.

You can't ignite with either RF or Scorching Ray. They do pure burning damage, which isn't the same as ignite (which is a status ailment).
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 30, 2017, 11:58:20 PM
how do you leech?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
how do you leech?

Err...you don't. This a RF build, bro aka we use regen. DoT builds of all kinds (Scorching Ray, Righteous Fire, Blight, Essense Drain, Caustic Arrow, etc.) don't leech.

Also, please stop trolling. I know you aren't new to this game.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 1, 2017, 2:30:58 AM
Update: STRETCH GOALS (Warning: More Expensive. Leave until later)
So I recently returned to this character and decided to go ahead and take him to the next level. You can see my new gear for him below (see the original 'My Gear' section further down for the budget option) -

The rest of the gear I left pretty much the same cos I don't like trading much and so didn't feel like doing it more. Essentially I've added a +3 bow, a defensive quiver to take care of my resists, dex requirements and add more HP and have switched my 6-link rare armor for a cheap Belly of the Beast (cheap cos it didn't have to be 6-linked since my SR setup is now on my bow). If you take all the regen nodes that are there in the build plus run Purity of Fire, Vitality, Stone Golem and add a Leo mod to your weapon to reduce the amount of damage over time you take, you can just about sustain RF without needing a Rise of the Phoenix shield (a Volls' Vision helm would also help here, although it's not needed). Note that Purity of Fire has been maxed out now - that's important for the +1% max fire resistance. You won't have much regen with RF on (although you'll have plenty with it off), but now you have a LVL 26 Scorching Ray WITH RF AS WELL (you can get to lvl 27 if you're rich enough for a lvl 4 Empower gem). This is strong enough that RF isn't actually needed - your damage without RF is about the same as it was in the budget setup with RF on. So RF essentially becomes a turbo-boost you can use as and when you feel like.

This ISN'T the maxed out setup either as I chose to get a +3 bow rather than a +3 staff since the former is considerably cheaper (around 3 exalts for a 6-linked one) than the latter (expect to shell out around 10 exalts for a 6-link with all the right mods) as well as a bow allows you to equip a quiver for more life (this was the main reason I chose a bow instead of a staff). For maxed damage, you'd use a +3 staff instead that has all the right mods on it - spell damage, fire damage/cast speed plus the all-important Leo mod to reduce the damage over time you take.

As I've said, this is a defensive build, so the life on that quiver is important. That's why I chose Belly of the Beast as my replacement chest armor. We don't have much regen now if we switch on RF, but we have a significantly higher total life pool. I'm currently sitting at over 6k life at lvl 86 and I haven't taken all the life nodes in the build yet. If I did (which I can right now if I sacrifice and postpone some of the damage nodes), my calculations say the build will end up with around 7k life. Also, there's still more life nodes nearby, which can be taken at the cost of the fire and burning damage nodes in the build (which aren't as important now due to the higher damage we've already got). If all the nearby life clusters were taken as well instead of the damage nodes, it comes out to OVER 7.5K LIFE WITHOUT KAOMS HEART (you still need sockets on your chest).

How Much Fire Resistance and/or Life Regen do I need to sustain Righteous Fire?
Fortunately, others have done the work of calculating this for us. See here for table of the cutoffs (you only need to pay attention to the first 2-3 columns) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEdITPLfz6oA-H8PB7c2N2MdyrY2R34HLnMg2ZFnCWc/pubhtml?gid=1282039528&single=true

Also, there's a calculator you can use to work it out yourself. Find it here (just download the Excel sheet to be able to use it) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MWIcNVeLFA8bs0LisDyf6M870IcHZaYoV_STnNugIxc/edit#gid=0
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 18, 2017, 2:15:12 AM
My only problem with this is the table you provide for the life regen. It's just a small thing, but did the author of that table use commas instead of periods or dots? It's been bothering me as I keep thinking I have to have over 10000% life regen and I'm not even sure thats possible.
"
Lorgar_Chaos wrote:
My only problem with this is the table you provide for the life regen. It's just a small thing, but did the author of that table use commas instead of periods or dots? It's been bothering me as I keep thinking I have to have over 10000% life regen and I'm not even sure thats possible.

Commas.
Please update for 2.6 when you can. love this build.
Starting Chieftain on HC SSF new league. Found a phoenix shield on my last char who ripped. I'll keep updated.
IGN - CuttyWise
You mention how flammability and elemental weakness are better than vulnerability, but you seem to forget that you're already reducing enemy fire resistance by 74% (50% from elemental equilibrium and 24% from scorching ray). This means enemies have to have at least 41% fire resist before flammability wins, and 56% fire resist before elemental weakness wins. This puts flammability (and especially elemental weakness) into the "only on +enemy resistance" maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info