2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

increased skill duration is a must for scorching ray, not sure you understood how to use the skill.
IGN TylordRampage
No you dont need skill duration. The duration refreshes.
"
Malone wrote:
increased skill duration is a must for scorching ray, not sure you understood how to use the skill.

Stacking cast speed is much more useful than increased skill duration. The duration is too short to meaningfully build off of, but with sufficient cast speed you can simply go straight to the max stage as soon as you bring the beam to bear - in addition to turning it comfortably. Thankfully, Scorching Ray is apparently much easier to get to max stages than Blight is.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 20, 2016, 4:40:03 AM
"
sinfonia11 wrote:
Can I get a little direction on where'd you travel around first through the tree? Like head to Golem's Blood first or head up EE? Thanks

"
mikura wrote:
Can you add a totem passive with some of the best totem node you talk about ?

Am travelling atm. Will see what I can do as soon as I'm settled again (in a day or so).
What would you link in Doon Cuebiyari to benefit from the lvl30 iron will ?
Nice guide! But is it possible to make a leveling tree? Would be awesome ;)
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
"
Exile009 wrote:
1) +3 staff and Kaoms' would face the same issues as The Searing Touch and Kaoms' that I mentioned in the guide i.e. you'd have to give up RF to run it. If you're okay with that, then sure.

Don't forget you can leo mood the (10 to 20)% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time on a staff or a bow that it does take a prefix tho..
Great guide dude, definitely helped me make up my mind on what i wanna roll this league.

How hard do you think it would be to make an ES variant? and do you have any tips? I'd be happy to try and do some testing before the league launches to confirm your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers
"
DNAlcoholic wrote:
What would you link in Doon Cuebiyari to benefit from the lvl30 iron will ?

Nothing really. We don't make use of that for anything much. And most of our gems don't work with it (RF doesn't benefit from spell damage, for instance). The best idea that comes to mind is our Vaal Lightning Trap, to give it a bit more damage. But then we don't really use that for its damage anyway, but rather just to shock stuff (which happens regardless of its damage since we relying on the shocked ground it leaves rather than the hits of the projectiles themselves).
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 2, 2016, 6:59:12 AM
"
champloncar wrote:
Great guide dude, definitely helped me make up my mind on what i wanna roll this league.

How hard do you think it would be to make an ES variant? and do you have any tips? I'd be happy to try and do some testing before the league launches to confirm your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers

The Templar can go for an ES version using Zealots' Oath. It's right next to him or, if you prefer, you can use the Zealot's Oath chestpiece (though you'd really be better off getting a high ES rare instead - we don't get enough Strength to make Geofri's worth it). You'd give up on the Duelist area nodes (and all non-regen life nodes as well, of course) and path up top to the Witch area instead (and switch the Scion life box for the Scion ES wheel). I wouldn't suggest trying ES with Chieftain. Alternately, you could try building this as an Occultist instead. There's no specific bonuses she gives to this build (apart from +1 curse) and so the tree for that would be similar to a standard ES Righteous Fire character (not recommended as a league starter build as it's more expensive).

As for tips, I'm not sure what to say since I haven't made the character yet as it was meant for the new league. I'll add anything I feel is important to know as I build it up myself. For now, all I'll say is, if you are concerned about clearspeed, to not get too attached to killing every last monster you come across. Because SR attacks in a line ahead of you, it plays somewhat like Glacial Cascade or Flamesurge in that clearing an entire room can take a few more seconds than it does for skills that attack a large zone or cone you target. I tend to enjoy playing slower myself, but if you want to run through maps then make a habit of doing a sweep or three of mobs in front of you and then just moving on (unless there's an attractive rare about) regardless of whether you've killed all on the screen. If you can't kill most of them in a few sweeps then you likely need more damage - SR has enough damage that it isn't meant to stand there taking time to burn down white/blue mobs.

Lastly, you'd have noticed in the patch notes that Cast When Channeling is the new support gem for channeled skills we're getting. The obvious choice for SR would be Flamesurge due to its bonus damage to burning enemies, but I wouldn't recommend it. Flamesurge has a pathetic range without AoE increases (which we don't get). It'd add damage to bosses only if you stand right next to them, in which case you're playing it just like a regular RF + Flamesurge character anyway and so you might as well just make Flamesurge your main skill. The advantage of SR is that it gives you a decent range to fight from. Also, I'm not sure if you'd gain much (if any) damage since it'd eat up two support gem slots that were previously supporting SR and it comes with a 20% LESS damage penalty to boot.

If you want to use Cast When Channeling with this skill, I suggest Firestorm. It'll give you some AoE coverage along with the straight line that SR handles and benefits from all the same support gems (take out Rapid Decay and either Faster Casting or Increased Burning Damage, depending on if you're using Empower/Spell Totem instead of Increased Burning Damage or not). However, a better use would to use it to proc some support or the other. This can be a curse, a cold/lightning spell for Elemental Equilibrium and Overload proccing or, better yet, some sort of defensive ability (like, say, Immortal Call). Personally, I plan to try the gem out of curiosity but I expect (though I could be wrong, of course - we'll see) it's best to stick to the damage supports I've linked in the build.

Cast When Channeling is probably best utilized for when your channeling skill is being used as a support ability to another build rather than as a link on your main channeling damage setup. Or maybe something like Cast When Channeling used to proc Discharge or something. But in that case, Discharge is your main damage skill, not SR, plus I expect the multi-nerfed CoC would still be a better delivery mechanism for Discharge than Cast When Channeling (with a different trigger skill, obviously). So I suggest either just sticking with the regular damage setup or using Cast When Channeling to keep up some defensive ability or the other to make yourself tankier.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 2, 2016, 6:56:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info