2.6 "KAMEHAMEHA" Self-Cast RF Scorching Ray Inquisitor/Chieftain

Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
"
Asmodee007 wrote:

I don't have access to the beta, so I haven't been able to test any of the new gems. Still, from what I know of them, try (in this order) -

Scorching Ray + More Burning Damage + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Efficacy + Faster Casting/Empower (if you have a bit of cash)

Efficacy might be higher up in that list depending on what it's lvl 20 damage values are (I only know it's lvl 1 value, which is on par with Controlled Destruction and so I expect they're equal).

None of the other new gems work with SR, so we just switch out from Rapid Decay to Efficacy. This also saves us from having to support Rapid Decay's Dexterity requirements. :)
Perfect! I will try this when the reset comes out.
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
Hey guys, i've been playing a lot in the beta with the build inquisitor RF + SR with the new MOM and im having problem to substain my mana... I have immortal flesh with clarity and mana regen on my gear and it still not enought... I have 233 mana regen, but with consecreted ground I have around 300 and then im fine!

So im aiming for a kaom's heart and a searing touch but I would like some advice to get more mana regen. Thank you for your help.

Here is my tree : https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQkACBUAAIFPBEPIW6CnVXwOaPLwH6IABLPAZkVHMtHr7oUymuBFnVNSly1JT7yqpwiPRh0UEmkXHHF52CRWSHyDES0snBBYh2W86mpDCPQc3I8auJMo-pitgsf56EGHtz7-Cti9NZL-j03jplc64fJFg8w8LYNfxq4MX1OlHKd8S5Z0xPYn7QYO1HwJ9hku2WGtjc9-Vw3zm2hl0iGezacwn8tVtcEEXz8UIO8OUEf2SMRYPfyMz1hjeWipbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTWSjYSGE79rBdO0FLXrvLlPTb8AabztodNpiGFbyQYIHHb4zhwPuxLjV-FYtFKm-pymLm27fhoAw7WGce6i5DFIAAAAAAA==
How well is this build doing in beta? I'm curious to start it, so was wondering how far in you played it and how well it did, and if you have any other top tier builds to compare it to.
"
How well is this build doing in beta? I'm curious to start it, so was wondering how far in you played it and how well it did, and if you have any other top tier builds to compare it to.

Sorry, can't answer that as I never got a beta key. So I can only test it after 3.0.0 launches. From what I've seen of the changes, Scorching Ray should still be strong for clearing content, however, the build as it is is likely to need some tweaking in order to be efficient due to the changes to Righteous Fire. RF now has the option to sustain it via Mind Over Matter, which may be a better option. On the other hand, RF has also been nerfed, so it may not even be worth trying to support it for the damage boost anymore, which would free up a lot of points and significantly change our passive tree. Then there's new uniques, changes to the passive tree and ascendancy classes, etc., some of which weren't even in the beta even if I had been able to try it.

Hence I'd recommend not attempting to copy my tree for 3.0.0. SR is still good and so you can try to make your own build with it, but attempting to follow my tree here will likely result in your character not being efficient with their points. You can, however, use this build as a guide for good uniques to play an SR build with, and I'll update the post soon after release in case there's any other uniques among the new ones that work well with SR.

I have other build ideas for release, however, so it'll likely be a while before I adjust this post with an adapted build, as that'll require some testing of the changes.

Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 2, 2017, 7:36:23 PM
Played something like this up to early maps in the beta, was pretty fun. Torn on bandit rewards though, went with Oak for the life regen, but I'm not sure if the 2 passives wouldn't have been better.
"
Raynadon wrote:
Played something like this up to early maps in the beta, was pretty fun. Torn on bandit rewards though, went with Oak for the life regen, but I'm not sure if the 2 passives wouldn't have been better.

Well, they all offer something at least. Oak offers regen, which before would've been a big deal to sustain RF. However, now there's more options to manage that. Kraityn offers cast speed and movement speed and Alira, imo, offers the best of the three - flat mana regen (which you don't get on the tree) and all res (which lowers gearing difficulties). However, even her bonus is only worthwhile if you're actually having mana issues.

I'd argue that, if you're able to manage your mana, then Eramir is best. You can get almost as much regen from 2 minor regen passives (and the other two things aren't relevant much), ditto with cast speed (again ditto the other two). Crit multi is irrelevant to us while all res only helps if you need it.

So Eramir compares reasonably with all of them. However, he has the advantage of having a flexible bonus, both for this character as well as if you ever choose to recycle him/her for another build in future. Basically, you pretty much never go wrong with Eramir.

That said, Oak isn't bad. It does help, especially if you're running RF. It's just not what I would advise taking. However, it also depends on what the new tree for us looks like. If that 1% regen saves us from having to make a long trek across the tree to reach another regen node, then it's worth its weight in regrets. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 4, 2017, 7:12:20 AM
Hey everyone! For anyone interested in this build, since I won't be updating it for a while, I'll instead share a starter version that ZiggyD seems to have put together that should serve you fine. His version uses MoM, which is the main reason I've held off on updating the build myself since using MoM to support RF is an idea I was mulling over too but needed to test. So consider it close enough to whatever I might come up with myself later. When I get around to updating the build it might be a bit different from his, but his should work just fine to get your started. :)

Here's the link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r749EjIgzQ

I'll also update the post once we have all the new uniques found in case any of them work well with this build. Happy grinding, ya'll! :D
Thanks OP for inspiration.

Currently playing the build in HC with MoM. My mana is degening when I'm not on a Consecrated ground. I have to use orb of storms with low level arcane surge to get additional mana regen.

Also, bought an Ambu's charge for 1c as it gives decent life and resist as well as 2% life regen on hit.

My toon's name is HHC_NUB if you guys want to refer to the build.
Last edited by super_fps_noob on Aug 6, 2017, 3:57:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info