(3.12) Queenliness Wanderfinder | (∩^ᗜ ^)⊃━ - - -☆゚.* | All Content (Power Siphon Kinetic Blast)

"
Reloads wrote:
If I was to purely map. (I don't enjoy bossing) Would tempest binding be the better pick?

Yes, 100%. Tempest is BIS, it's just the barrage enchant costs 80 exalt. However, dying sun is plenty of dps for mapping.
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
"
Reloads wrote:
If I was to purely map. (I don't enjoy bossing) Would tempest binding be the better pick?

I would say your best option would be to just use Thunderfists. If you're just mapping then you shouldn't really need the 1 extra resist slot or the extra life roll that rare gloves would give.

Even in the beginning at like lvl 75, without Dying Sun, I was already farming the crap out of regular mobs with my KB. I don't think you need to go all out on gear if all you're doing is going for max clearspeed. Kinetic Blast just does a lot of AoE damage on its own.
Starkonja also has 100 life compared to tempest binding.
Toma! Why your character list is closed?
"
Reloads wrote:

Yes, but Thunderfist is close if you want to go with the cheaper option. Personally I'm rather enjoying a 6L KB though.
"
I'm still wondering how you guys can actually upgrade from Piscator's without spending 20ex on a wand that will rarely if ever show up on poe.trade. Like I said before, even Toma_Hawk's insane wand only gives me 5% more total DPS.

I had an addendum that said it could be PoB screwing up the calc because of Flat Lightning Vinktar's. When I have it turned off, lower wands give more dps, and Toma's gives 17% more, which seems totally reasonable. BUT I don't see how that is supposed to work when I'm obviously going to want to use Vinktar's all the time.

Any helpful response at all would be appreciated. I love upgrading gear and the fact that I still can't upgrade from a wand I bought for 18c when I was only lvl 60 is pretty silly.

2 thoughts on this. One know that thunderfist are throwing you number off from rare gloves with the higher flat damage roll. Second as you said a rare wand will be better without Vinktar up, and the reality is until super GG gear you aren't going to sustain Vinktar at all times on a boss. So it might be better to have that consistent higher damage.

As for Wand shopping it's rough with a lot of over priced crap out there. Your best bet is to just setup a live search. Set it for T1 lightning damage and then a second filter group of either crit chance or attack speed. You then are just looking for a wand that pops that at least has an open suffix for the missing of crit or AS and maybe one other desirable stat.

I got that for 5ex after a few days of running a live search. It just barely beats a Pisc with perfect crit and AS rolls.
Minor build update

My current gear on Harbinger SC
Spoiler

Been happily farming t15 Beachhead maps with this character at level 95. VERY happy with the build. Just missing a Dying Sun flask but can't bring myself to work towards a nerfed version at the moment.

Can field any questions :)
Hello, I use Kinetic blast in 4 link item and when I shoot it kill everything in one hit. If I buy expensive helmet it make my kinetic blast 6 link!!! will it be better than 1 hit kill? Maybe 0 hit?
Last edited by whoismiked on Sep 1, 2017, 6:11:04 PM
Just wanted to thank Toma_Hawk for making this build and everyone else discussing it. All these "how can I upgrade my gear" posts guided me throughout my gearing process.

Been playing casually since Perandus league and I finally downed Shaper for the first time ever. After a couple failed attempts I killed him with 4 portals left, with 3953 HP (!) and 1.22M Shaper DPS. Feels really good to finally get the achievement.

My current gear on Harbinger SC:

Next goal is to get more life, maybe a lightning attack Vinktar and do it deathless!
Hello,

is it worth to get the "Vessel of Vinktar Topaz Flask" with:

20% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning during Flask effect
20% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
?

And do you just use the flask on cooldown?

Last edited by romaen on Sep 1, 2017, 7:13:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info