[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
is there a specific reason to be running elemental focus?

This has been explained in the Build FAQ on page 1. ;)

I'm using Fire Pen rather than EF myself and it works just fine. For boss fights we can swap AoE with Conc Effect.

P.S. that is one SUPER-NICE sceptre you've got there... combined 102% incr damage and Fire Damage to Spells. You don't need Avatar of Fire.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 24, 2016, 4:36:21 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
is there a specific reason to be running elemental focus?

This has been explained in the Build FAQ on page 1. ;)

I'm using Fire Pen rather than EF myself and it works just fine. For boss fights we can swap AoE with Conc Effect.

P.S. that is one SUPER-NICE sceptre you've got there... combined 102% incr damage and Fire Damage to Spells. You don't need Avatar of Fire.

Wow it honestly just hit me that I don't need AOF *facepalm*

So I can keep BV as my igniter right? Any other skills you might suggest swapping? I've been messing with my high level CWDT and have a hard time noticing any large dps changs, but some skill ideas like
-EK > Spark
-Flame Surge > Bladefall
-Flame Dash (Been using just vs. Tul's facemelter)

-Switching Overflowing Chalice for Dying Sun

Maybe I'm overlapping previous topics, but 33 pages is a pain to scan through >.<

Tell me your thoughts.
Yes, your BV (as well as any other non-fire spell) will ignite just fine.

I was using Flame Surge mainly because it dealt a very high amount of damage (while I still had AoF) the downside is that it cannot ignite. Without AoF I will probably replace with something else, maybe high-level Shock Nova (and using Ice Nova in helmet instead).

Dying Sun is fine for even faster clear speed... more AoE for BV/more projectiles for Spark, always handy.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 24, 2016, 5:41:10 PM
"
tomay wrote:
Yes, your BV (as well as any other non-fire spell) will ignite just fine.

I was using Flame Surge mainly because it dealt a very high amount of damage (while I still had AoF) the downside is that it cannot ignite. Without AoF I will probably replace with something else, maybe high-level Shock Nova (and using Ice Nova in helmet instead).

Dying Sun is fine for even faster clear speed... more AoE for BV/more projectiles for Spark, always handy.

So now that I realize I'm an idiot I have some variation questions (again forgive me if this is redundant)

-Would it be better to run Assassins's Mark as my curse in trade of Flammibility? (Now that I can freeze/shock and Power Charge seems nice)

-Should I switch Commandment of Reflect for a more offensive enchant? Or is there an even better defensive?

Pertaining to the Taming

When I saw the 2.5.1 notes I was very excited to see the taming would be easier to obtain (Price dropped from 12ex min to 8ex). The motive for my questions above are pertaining to the Taming.

-Does the taming stack the 10% from Emberwake? Or is it just 10% flat for each status?
-What would BiS jewels look like now? (Maybe Health+AS+Fire/Armor/Status?)

Edit: Just checked your page as well and I see you running Fire Pen > Ele on fire burst, but you also wear ember. So I guess I just need an explanation since in my thought process, Ele would go better with ember ring, while non-ele would go better with mokou.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 24, 2016, 6:03:02 PM
I'm using Fire Pen because it helps in late-game where quite a few bosses have inherently high resistances and for the rest I don't care really, they die fast enough anyway. For faster clearing I'm usually running 2x Mokou's Embrace... Taming + Emberwake are just currently equipped because I probably killed some boss lately, can't remember exactly because I'm mostltly playing my FT Chieftain these days. ;)

As for the priorities on our jewels: 7% increased maximum life is a must have, any Attributes/Resistances we may need, then Chance to Ignite/Ignite Duration.

Bonus Material: any applicable damage modifier, armour rating %, attack speed for faster whitling.

Edit: I don't think "of Reflect" is a good choice as a gloves enchantment... better get some spell cast on hit/when hit because these too can ignite, something like "Cast Commandment of Flames on Hit". ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 24, 2016, 7:06:09 PM
Supposing the choice is between level 20 Fire pen or level 20 Elemental Focus (their quality bonuses are effectively equivalent for Fire Burst), if the mob has resistance R (after all other sources of penetration and resistance reduction, such as Flammability), then with all other things equal we should pick Elemental Focus if and only if

R < .12/.49 = .2449

If both gems are level 21, this changes very slightly to

R < .12/.5 = .24

You might be surprised at how uncommon a resistance of over 25% is for a monster. The endgame bosses usually have a base of only 30-40%. If you can apply Flammability or Elemental Weakness against the targets you care about, you're almost certainly better off with EF (even on maps with the +resistances mod). Since the handful of exceptions are usually the most annoying and deadly (or at least have lots of HP)--resistant hexproof mobs, for example--you'll probably want penetration just to handle those exceptional situations better, but Elemental Focus is a lot more efficient than you might suspect.

EDIT: Didn't cancel a one the first time around >_>
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 24, 2016, 7:46:04 PM
But then, Elemental Focus deprives us of the only ignites that actually do some meaningful damage and even with only 40% chance to ignite they should be up permanently during boss fights. This should be taken into consideration as well.
"
tomay wrote:
But then, Elemental Focus deprives us of the only ignites that actually do some meaningful damage and even with only 40% chance to ignite they should be up permanently during boss fights. This should be taken into consideration as well.

Assuming the boss can even be ignited, that is. And that you aren't using Emberwake.

And if you like those burns on bosses, then note: by dropping AoF those burns are now doing less damage if you had any non-fire spell damage sources (such as Vinktar's).
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 24, 2016, 9:32:14 PM
Like I was stating beforehand, going conc effect + increased aoe would still give us a +12% aoe, and for fire burst being about the same base radius as firestorm it seems to me like a reasonable solution.

The only drawback is we would need to run ember for this (Unless there is a mechanic where the highest damage ignite takes priority over newer but lower damage ignites.) which would bring a 10k fire burst down to a 400 dps burn stack, which isn't much but you actually end up with more damage in the end over Ele.

So it may be a choice of preference, get large aoe damage with no burn
or
get a smaller aoe (slightly larger than firestorm) with more flat and burn damage.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 24, 2016, 9:36:40 PM
"
Like I was stating beforehand, going conc effect + increased aoe would still give us a +12% aoe, and for fire burst being about the same base radius as firestorm it seems to me like a reasonable solution.

The only drawback is we would need to run ember for this (Unless there is a mechanic where the highest damage ignite takes priority over newer but lower damage ignites.) which would bring a 10k fire burst down to a 400 dps burn stack, which isn't much but you actually end up with more damage in the end over Ele.

So it may be a choice of preference, get large aoe damage with no burn
or
get a smaller aoe (slightly larger than firestorm) with more flat and burn damage.

You can ignite a target arbitrarily many times. But without emberwake only the highest damage one that's active does anything. Emberwake lets up to 300 ignites be active and damaging at the same time, at the cost of doing 1/5-th damage each.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info