[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Like I was stating beforehand, going conc effect + increased aoe would still give us a +12% aoe, and for fire burst being about the same base radius as firestorm it seems to me like a reasonable solution.

The only drawback is we would need to run ember for this (Unless there is a mechanic where the highest damage ignite takes priority over newer but lower damage ignites.) which would bring a 10k fire burst down to a 400 dps burn stack, which isn't much but you actually end up with more damage in the end over Ele.

So it may be a choice of preference, get large aoe damage with no burn
or
get a smaller aoe (slightly larger than firestorm) with more flat and burn damage.

You can ignite a target arbitrarily many times. But without emberwake only the highest damage one that's active does anything. Emberwake lets up to 300 ignites be active and damaging at the same time, at the cost of doing 1/5-th damage each.

Ok, thank you for confirming that then.

In that case I find Aoe + conc + CD to be a nice balance of overall dps for both trash and bosses.

Just did a T11 run as well and didn't see any difference between +12% aoe and +37%. I think I'll run this combo for a bit and keep an eye on boss kill speed.

On a side note, Tomay brought up the fact that doedres is a strong flask for this build. Done a couple runs with it so far and it feels much more fluid than vessel. So now I'm running 2 staunching divine lifes, one surgeon the other saturated + Doedre + Silver of adrenaline + overflowing.

My clear speed has drastically improved, as well and running shock nova in lvl 20 CWDT and a 20% quality Ice Nova in my lvl 1 CWDT.

I'm looking into other potions as well and one that really caught my eye is Zerphi's Last Breath.
I'll report back with results but my main thought of mind is survival at the moment. We already do plenty of damage like Tomay stated, so we just need more effective health.

The insane amount of cast speed we get from doedre and silver flask combined with Zerphi's give me an additional 1952 healing per second (452 per cast, spell echo doesn't apply twice). Since the flask doesn't seem to be affected by life leech or regen it can be used in all map situations where channeling skills can bomb us. This also gives us a heal that doesn't rely on having enemies present. I've come out of many packs where their DoT will kill me because there's nothing around to hit and health flasks don't counter it.

Lair map boss is a good example of where we can really use something like this.

So far running with doedre's elixir shows really good promise. The damage inflicted with -60% chaos gives just enough to proc your savage hit. You even end up with a 2% buffer so you could theoretically take some chaos resist.
Testing the Zerphi flask turn's out to be a nice addition.

Pro's

-Highest HPS flask you can get which means more effective health, it heal's 50% of a seething divine per cast (52 mana cost per BV)
-You can face tank degen mobs (I would still keep a staunching)
-Lasts 1.6 seconds longer than saturated divine's
-You can drop Tireless to get even more Healing Per second. (In turn you can get Bloodless and all 3 nodes in Juggernaut (even more effective health)

Con's
-You have to stand still to cast, which in turn can mean less effective healing (probably works a lot better with spark than BV)
-Running maps with no mana leech or regen can cause more problems than good
-You're losing a flask slot that could be used for better utility.
-The heal from the flask is not affected by +% flask recovery rate from Juggernaut or Belly of the Beast.

On a side note, Doedre's while running without Avatar of Fire gives you enough damage damage to proc shock with shock nova in 20CWDT. I'm going to swap EK with an ice skill to see if I can put out enough for freeze. Since bosses T12+ can have anywhere between 100-400k health, we can meet this threshold, unfortunately though, the map bosses T12+ can have 3.5 million hp or more.

Edit: Double checking some info, T15 trash have around 4700 health, yellows are around 150k health. So this setup is a clear monster.

Though it's hard to to see, I do hear enemies shattering. We do so much damage it's hard to see if any skill really has an effect on the overall dps. Using Freezing Pulse at the moment, it seems to have pretty high base damage.
Last edited by Atomic_Tin_Can on Dec 24, 2016, 11:41:33 PM
@Atomic_Tin_Can

Is there a reason you are skipping Devotion + the 2 x +6% life attached to it? Can just take 3 points from the scion wheel and slide them over, unless im missing something?
"
@Atomic_Tin_Can

Is there a reason you are skipping Devotion + the 2 x +6% life attached to it? Can just take 3 points from the scion wheel and slide them over, unless im missing something?

Nice catch, probably forgot to put back in when i was messing around with the tree earlier today.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
Assuming the boss can even be ignited, that is. And that you aren't using Emberwake.

And if you like those burns on bosses, then note: by dropping AoF those burns are now doing less damage if you had any non-fire spell damage sources (such as Vinktar's).

The question is not whether I like Burning Damage or not but the fact remains that the ignites from Fire Burst are the ones that deal by far the highest amount of Burning Damage of all of our damage sources and this should be taken into consideration when calculating the benefits of Fire Penetration vs Elemental Focus.

Of course you will encounter the odd boss that cannot be ignited but you will also find many bosses with 45% base fire resistance (Voll, Merveil, Dominus, Vaal, Piety, Kaom, Daresso, Malachai, to name but a few... none of whom is immune to ignites btw), now, add to this some not uncommon map mods such as increased resistances/life and get your calculator again. And do keep in mind that both Penetration and Reduction can reduce a target's resistance below 0% (there is no minimum resistance floor).

Ideally you want to re-colour your sceptre according to the situation... if you can be bothered. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 25, 2016, 6:11:07 AM
"
On a side note, Tomay brought up the fact that doedres is a strong flask for this build. Done a couple runs with it so far and it feels much more fluid than vessel.

I believe it was lapilesos who mentioned Doedre's Elixier first... credit where credit is due. ;)
I'm not a fan of the Doedre's idea because it assumes you have crappy Chaos resistance, which just makes chaos attacks that much more problematic for you. I currently have a net +15% Chaos resistance in Merciless, which means I take nearly half the damage someone with -60% takes. Makes those chaos attackers, such as the many ranged chaos attackers, significantly less irksome.

And my calculation is actually independent of caps on resistances. Nor does it need to account for the fact the penetration applies *after* the mob's maximum resistance cap is applied (and so therefore does not care about overcapping, whereas things like Flammability do). By the time you get to that point the calculation already said to use penetration.
Well, you said earlier that monsters with 20 or 30% fire resistance are extremely rare. While this may be true for trash mobs it certainly isn't when it comes to bosses. A whole rake of them actually has 45% fire resistance and some even more.

So let's compare the damage... Fire Burst in my case deals 10129 damage with Elemental Focus (21/20) and when I'm up against a boss with 45% fire resistance this translates into 8508 damage (assuming our lvl 5 Flammability has reduced the target's resistance to 16%). Now, with Fire Penetration (20/20) Fire Burst deals 6932 damage which translates into 8388 damage because the target's resistance is now reduced to -21% thus multiplying the damage by the factor 1.21 (with lvl 20 EF the margin will be even narrower than 120 if not in favour of Fire Pen) and on top of that I will get quite some Burning Damage from the Fire Burst ignites (i.e. 20% of the damage dealt by the initial hit, per second)... which will stack cumulatively with Emberwake.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 25, 2016, 10:35:24 AM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
I'm not a fan of the Doedre's idea because it assumes you have crappy Chaos resistance, which just makes chaos attacks that much more problematic for you. I currently have a net +15% Chaos resistance in Merciless, which means I take nearly half the damage someone with -60% takes. Makes those chaos attackers, such as the many ranged chaos attackers, significantly less irksome.

And my calculation is actually independent of caps on resistances. Nor does it need to account for the fact the penetration applies *after* the mob's maximum resistance cap is applied (and so therefore does not care about overcapping, whereas things like Flammability do). By the time you get to that point the calculation already said to use penetration.

I don't recall any instance of chaos damage causing any trouble in my case, even in a chalupa breach (chayula). I will concur that doedre elixir is more suited for non-Avatar versions though. It feels a lot better than having to use vinktar, and since we don't need to use it with monsters nearby, it is spammable. I may even take off overflowing since the recharge is so small.

Still running aoe+conc+CD on my fire burst and it works just fine 11.7k dps non buffed/flasked.

Running freezing pulse on me 20CWDT is hard to tell if it's any better than EK. The damage just comes out so quick, but tooltip shows more dps at 16 than a 20 EK. The freeze is once again hard to notice visually, but you do hear the shatters, I can only assume the same with shock nova.
I thought this was an awesome build and leveled a marauder just for this build but now that I'm about to transition to the build I find that eye of innocence cost ~400 chaos orbs in BH. Is there any other amulet that I could use until I get the currency to purchase that unique? If not, is there any other cheap build I could play as with the same passive tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info